View Poll Results: Eventually, what would you like to see?

Voters
1252. This poll is closed
  • The alpha male and female worgen customizations brought back as options.

632 50.48%
  • Alpha male/female worgen customizations as options, but more male customizations.

147 11.74%
  • Alpha male/female worgen customizations as options, but more female customization.

282 22.52%
  • More current female facial customization (not the same face (not pattern))

242 19.33%
  • More current male customization (fur colors, faces, hair, etc.)

175 13.98%
  • Idc, as long as the females don't derp around anymore.

498 39.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 50 of 130 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    She altered the positioning of the eyes. They look forward, as a predator's should.

IMO, something like that or like this one would be a good compromise. The actual changes aren't huge, but it's a thematic improvement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Lolotea View Post
    I actually had a little dialogue with the artist. She rather likes the model for the most part; that image was mainly a "de-derpification."

As long as you're authorized to use it, and as long as it's not something godawful-Sue-tastic, I don't think there's a stigma.
    Well, if you look closer, the head shape isnt the same neither, it is less rounded/chihuahua-like too

Quote Originally Posted by Zoator View Post
    Well, if you look closer, the head shape isnt the same neither, it is less rounded/chihuahua-like too
    You mean that doesn't fall under "de-derpification"?

I am sure once the model revamps are done, Blizzard will give people a free recustomization. If they didn't, they would have a TON of angry customers because what the originally had does/did not look the same to the new revamps.

Deleted
    You mean that doesn't fall under "de-derpification"?
    well, i suppose its that... but i still see the head on that artwork better that the live model one...

I'm coming into this WAY late, but those alpha versions are worse than the existing version. Yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyce View Post
    I'm coming into this WAY late, but those alpha versions are worse than the existing version. Yuck.
    So actually fitting the race's theme is "yuck," and going mechanically downhill—objectively so, mind you; every bug that the alpha had was exaggerated in the live—is an improvement?

...wait, what?
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2012-04-25 at 10:03 PM.

So actually fitting the race's theme is "yuck," and going mechanically downhill—objectively so, mind you; every bug that the alpha had was exaggerated in the live—is an improvement?

...wait, what?
    Different people have different opinions and tastes. Shocking, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Different people have different opinions and tastes. Shocking, I know.
    This has jack to do with "opinions and tastes," and you know it.

Unless you're going to argue that entirely quantifiable bugs and glitches are a matter of "opinion," that is?

Deleted
    the funniest thing is that those who post that "opinions" never says WHY they are good the Live model or bad the Alpha model. I wonder why they dont do it...
    Last edited by mmoc1baaa4dbec; 2012-04-26 at 01:04 PM.

I just have to add that I fully support this movement and all that it wishes to accomplish.

The female Worgen model is an affront to what it could've been, and comparatively to the male Worgen it is simply atrocious. Now, I wouldn't mind having the choice between the newer female and the older female, but I know that personally I consider the newer female to be a shame to the race as a whole.

I almost feel like at this point they couldn't totally remove the current model, as it would likely be so different from a redone ("appropriate" in most people's eyes) version that it likely wouldn't appeal to the people who like the live model.
    Of course, they are redoing all the older females, but it's assumed/hoped they're sticking to what they've got and just giving them better skeletons/textures, not totally new themes. Which works for most of them, though I'm sure for every race there's at least someone who'd like to see muscular Blood Elves or female Trolls that actually look somewhat like the males. But with the female Worgen, I feel like they couldn't really just "freshen" them; they've already got nice textures at least, and their skeletons are/were decent (other than the obvious bugs) and don't really need things added, just some fixing. And unlike the older races, it's kind of hard to see one coherent "theme" for the ladies, what with the equal parts sexy and feral, so it'd be hard to try and recapture that while at the same time not making it another freaky hybrid. I figure they'll have to leave the live models in no matter what they do at the very least, which seems odd, having multiple types of female/male Worgen running around, however...
    Since the female Pandaren essentially have two different "species" or looks now, and that's seemingly just an arbitrary choice, not something like "Horde get Red and alliance get regular" I don't think that'd be too much of an issue any more. Besides, animals are pretty diverse, and we could always explain it away as Worgen being based on different species of wolves, right? I know I wouldn't mind terribly. Plus I can't get the red wolf image out of my head from a recent Cracked article.

at the moment female worgen seem to be treated as an embarassment. never shown or mentioned in lore, referenced as a mistake.. i hope they scrap the current model entirely. but i guess we'll have to see how they handle the old race revamp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
    I almost feel like at this point they couldn't totally remove the current model, as it would likely be so different from a redone ("appropriate" in most people's eyes) version that it likely wouldn't appeal to the people who like the live model.
    Of course, they are redoing all the older females, but it's assumed/hoped they're sticking to what they've got and just giving them better skeletons/textures, not totally new themes. Which works for most of them, though I'm sure for every race there's at least someone who'd like to see muscular Blood Elves or female Trolls that actually look somewhat like the males. But with the female Worgen, I feel like they couldn't really just "freshen" them; they've already got nice textures at least, and their skeletons are/were decent (other than the obvious bugs) and don't really need things added, just some fixing. And unlike the older races, it's kind of hard to see one coherent "theme" for the ladies, what with the equal parts sexy and feral, so it'd be hard to try and recapture that while at the same time not making it another freaky hybrid. I figure they'll have to leave the live models in no matter what they do at the very least, which seems odd, having multiple types of female/male Worgen running around, however...
    Since the female Pandaren essentially have two different "species" or looks now, and that's seemingly just an arbitrary choice, not something like "Horde get Red and alliance get regular" I don't think that'd be too much of an issue any more. Besides, animals are pretty diverse, and we could always explain it away as Worgen being based on different species of wolves, right? I know I wouldn't mind terribly. Plus I can't get the red wolf image out of my head from a recent Cracked article.
    i understand what you mean, but think about it, if they "update" the old races, they, maybe, will add some new options to the races with the actual ones that we have updated (new hairstyles, faces, beards...), with female worgen would be, fixing every animation bug the model has AND, adding some new "Alpha model themed" options and, maybe, the male get one or two of the faces it had during beta? (the Alpha and the "calmer one" that came later), it could be easy if the Alpha head is added as "face option" and the actual face option is changed to another tab, beacuse lets be clear, the actual face options on feamle worgen its the equivalent to the female NE markings (same face but with different "tatoos" on the face).

With this the female worgen would have more custmization options, and without touching the worgen that those who like the Live model have.

Stood in the Fire Flufflemonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's nice to know this thread has made a bit more progress while I was gone. Not gonna say much right now, just giving you all a thumbs up.
    EVERYDAY I'M FLUFFLIN!
    ANEE QUESHTUNZ?

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    at the moment female worgen seem to be treated as an embarassment. never shown or mentioned in lore, referenced as a mistake.. i hope they scrap the current model entirely. but i guess we'll have to see how they handle the old race revamp.
    Yeah not really. They're no less ignored in the lore than Troll females for example (then again the Troll female model can't even blink yet so on second thought you might be onto something). They still appear all over the place in the world, I think it has more to do with the fact that the Worgen race only has 3 major characters (Genn, Darius and Ivar) and Blizzard aren't interested in pushing their story forward any further. Not because they can't bear to look at one of their own models. I think expecting the Worgen or Goblins to get a model update anytime even remotely soon is a little unrealistic though. Even if Blizzard acknowledge the model has problems they'll probably go through every other race first.

The funniest thing is the model only needs a few tiny changes and it would be relatively fine. Tweak the eyes a little (underpify and lose the eye-shadow) and fix the weird chest and you'll at least have something you can look at without wondering what it's mother was drinking. The perma-snarl and big claws I actually kind of like.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Vesker View Post
    Yeah not really. They're no less ignored in the lore than Troll females for example (then again the Troll female model can't even blink yet so on second thought you might be onto something). They still appear all over the place in the world, I think it has more to do with the fact that the Worgen race only has 3 major characters (Genn, Darius and Ivar) and Blizzard aren't interested in pushing their story forward any further. Not because they can't bear to look at one of their own models. I think expecting the Worgen or Goblins to get a model update anytime even remotely soon is a little unrealistic though. Even if Blizzard acknowledge the model has problems they'll probably go through every other race first.
    worgen even had their own comic devoted to them... nary a female in sight. dont think they've ever been featured in any screenshots or artwork, except the tcg. and when they appear there they dont look at all like the actual model.

Quote Originally Posted by Vesker View Post

The funniest thing is the model only needs a few tiny changes and it would be relatively fine. Tweak the eyes a little (underpify and lose the eye-shadow) and fix the weird chest and you'll at least have something you can look at without wondering what it's mother was drinking. The perma-snarl and big claws I actually kind of like.
    While I agree about the timetable (frankly it'd just piss most people off if Worgen got revamped so soon), the Worgen female is in a unique position when it comes to Blizzard. Unlike the Trolls or what have you, which are somewhat excusable due to age, the Worgen is relatively new and as such, a certain level of polish was expected. It's sort of like cell phones I guess. We all make fun of the big ugly ones from the 80s, but we cant' really judge them against the phones of today 'cuz they simply didn't have the technology back then. But with the Worgen, it's a lot like a company of today making something more along the lines of 80s quality.
    The fact that they've sort of owned up to it at this point makes me think we'll see something down the road for them, but at the very least Blizz has gotten a lesson in good versus bad feedback and that people don't just gloss over the art.

Also I found it kind of hard to follow the Worgen starting zone, but I did think it was cool. That one guy's daught, I don't think it was Genn I guess it was Darius? Did she end up becoming a Worgen? I thought her dad was all like 'No you can't be a Worgen it's terrible" and she ended up being protected, but if not I guess that's a somewhat-important female Worgen.

crowley's daughter is still human (and the queen & princess iirc).