Poll: Which Difficulty?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 64
... LastLast

How Difficult Should Heroic Dungeons Be?

In your opinion, how difficult should heroic dungeons be? Should they be extremely easy as in 3.0.1 / HoT? Or perhaps B.C. difficult? 4.0.3 / 4.1.0? Or hit the middle with the 3.3 dungeons?

Personally I loved the 3.3 dungeons. They were challenging enough to provide a fun experience and you actually had to pay attention to the mechanics, but weren't balls-to-the-wall like in B.C.
    Last edited by Wewlad; 2012-03-19 at 02:45 AM.

A lot and I mean a lot of people complained about heroic dungeons being way to hard with cata first launched. They should be like that in MoP.

Deleted
    Personally I'd prefer a dungeon which despite your gear level will still offer a challenge and still be fairly quick to complete if all goes well. I did enjoy HoR for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroics are heroics for a reason.. if you cant do heroics, you cant raid.. its the proper path...

I voted BC heroics.

BC pre nerf hcs some of them was challange even for t5/6 geared grps

Cata launch heroics weren't all that hard (unless you had literally no CC and a shaman healer - shamans were such shit for months after launch). I want BC heroics back - with mobs that cc-spam the tank, oneshot non-tanks, and with stealthed random patrols all over the place that carry a cheap shot with your healer's name on it. Where you pull the mobs to you, not the other way around, where the healer always has a big heal pre-cast on a full-health tank, and good luck doing any of them right after you reach the level cap without bringing 3-4 CC along.

I'm only partially sarcastic.
    Last edited by Simulacrum; 2012-03-19 at 02:10 AM.

Early Cataclysm heroics and pre-nerf raiding was probably the most fun I've had in this game in a long, long while.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post
    Heroics are heroics for a reason.. if you cant do heroics, you cant raid.. its the proper path...

I voted BC heroics.
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradywhite View Post
    Early Cataclysm heroics and pre-nerf raiding was probably the most fun I've had in this game in a long, long while.
    You took some words from my mouth. Although I still preferred 3.3 dungeons, 4.0.3 are nearly as fun. I just miss the memorable bosses. "Dis pear, so delicious!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroics are there to give you gear and to teach you about the workings of grouping in WoW before going on to raiding content.

And as such they can only be one difficulty, and the difficulty that kept people playing: AoE-spam, Violet Hold-length heroics that take very little skill. I voted for 3.3, just because LFD came in and was an absolute hit by then (even though people still insta-left The Oculus because they couldn't understand how to press one of three buttons in a 3D environment).
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Original Cata heroics should be the difficulty, but perhaps make them a little shorter. The 4.3 heroics would be almost perfect if the bosses had more health and the trash was more threatening. Honestly, as long as they keep the heroics between Wrath and the ZA/ZG heroics, I will be fine. The ZA/ZG heroics were too long for my tastes and the Wrath ones were too short after you got insanely geared.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

10+ Year Old Account
    100% Truth! Early Cata heroics were fine. People were too used to 15m Wrath heroics and failed on simple mechanics. Ask ppl to CC... "CC huh, was dat"? Really...
    Last edited by Vayshan; 2012-03-19 at 02:15 AM.

It should be as difficult as a raid, but progression should be something like this;

normal dangeon>normal raid>heroic dangeon (shares the same loot table from stats perspective minus few items)>heroic raid.

Yes, it can be balanced like that, rift did it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    normal dangeon>normal raid>heroic dangeon (shares the same loot table from stats perspective minus few items)>heroic raid.
    So, forcing your raid to split into two/five in order to progress, as well as enforcing that three of your seventeen DPS have tank offspecs as well as one of your six healers having a DPS offspec in 25 man guilds.

I think people would already argue that 25-man guilds have suffered enough.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    It should be as difficult as a raid, but progression should be something like this;

normal dangeon>LFR>heroic dangeon (shares the same loot table from stats perspective minus few items)>normal raid>heroic raid.

Yes, it can be balanced like that, rift did it.
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    So, forcing your raid to split into two/five in order to progress, as well as enforcing that three of your seventeen DPS have tank offspecs as well as one of your six healers having a DPS offspec in 25 man guilds.
    He said that 5man heroics would be on par with normal raids in terms of loot. No one is forced to split into five, you would just do dungeons during off hours when no raids are scheduled or there are only a few online.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayshan View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Just remember that Normal Dungeons aren't going to exist in MoP, meaning that he really wants LFR as entry to the end game.

That's pushing freshly levelled characters into the deep end alright.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

I voted BC heroics.
    That is no longer the case. Blizzard has turned heroic dungeons into what was a challenge to something that people should be able to finish during their lunch. With the addition of the dungeon finder, Blizzard has completely changed how heroic dungeons work in this game. They are no longer supposed to be a challenge because of how easily accessible they are.

So basically what I'm saying is that LFD Heroic Dungeons should be on par with the difficulty of LFR Raids due to the wide amount of people that have access to them, and more specifically, the 'under performers' that have access to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    He said that 5man heroics would be on par with normal raids in terms of loot. No one is forced to split into five, you would just do dungeons during off hours when no raids are scheduled or there are only a few online.
    Then why do the raids? Unfortunatly most ppl raid purely for the loot, not the scenery or story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    He said that 5man heroics would be on par with normal raids in terms of loot.
    I'm pretty sure that's your own conjecture.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)