Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Tank info looks really, really interesting. I'm excited for this!

Quote Originally Posted by Dalanos View Post
    Touch of Death?!?! What the fuck?!?!
    my 1st thought was cool. but i bet it wont work like that in raids etc. it will prolly be like kill shot.

---------- Post added 2012-03-19 at 09:27 AM ----------

iv been wating for the beta mainly to test the dungeans and raids but i think i may just make a monk 1st to test that out..likin the looks of mistweaver.

Wow, a cyclone+reverse cyclone that heals. I kind of wanna quit...

Some of those abilities look pretty awesome... Looking forward to trying them out in the beta!

Hmmmm, tank has a constant 50% dodge buff. Are they getting rid of dodge? Or will it be possible to push to 100%? If so......fucking stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycobob View Post
    While overall I think the Monk class is going to be awesome, am I the only one that cringes when reading 'Stance of the Drunken Ox'? It feels so cliched and unoriginal. I know it's a minor thing, but I feel like it detracts from the Brewmasters awesomeness.
    Not if you play a tauren monk!
    /snark

Deleted
    Wow, I was already looking forward to the Mistweaver, since I like healing, but this sounds more awesome than I thought. Am I seeing this right, the Monk does not have the 3 base heals of the other healing classes (slow small heal, slow big heal, fast medium heal), but a whole new technique. I love it, and I can't wait to try it.

All the specs actually look really interesting.. I might have to do all 3 (:

I was waiting to see the release of the all the expansion/Pandarin monk info to help decide what my MMO focus will be. Stay with WoW or something else. Decision made, it's now between Guild Wars 2 or Diablo III. I was really hoping Blizzard would stop beating the dead horse with regards to WoW. Disappointed.

Please try to remain constructive and on-topic, and avoid the use of style tags to modify your whole post. - Malthanis

Sorry....I like the panda fangs. - Mane
    Last edited by Manetherin; 2012-03-19 at 06:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    it all really looks amazing but one thing i was very disappointed that the skill "storm earth and fire" the pandaren had in wc3 isnt in it anywhere

Elusive Ale is probably supposed to last for 15s or so like shield block, otherwise it might as well be a passive ability.

Quote Originally Posted by sophos1 View Post
    Elusive Ale is probably supposed to last for 15s or so like shield block, otherwise it might as well be a passive ability.
    If not, monk tanks will be unbeatable in all things. Elusive Ale + Recoil + 30+% dodge = massively OP.
    Last edited by notorious98; 2012-03-19 at 06:50 PM.

Ring of Peace

Instant, 2 min cooldown
    Forms a sanctuary around you, causing all enemies to be unable to attack or cast harmful spells while within it. Lasts 10 seconds.

Arena ress will be a walk in the park now.

Quote Originally Posted by Applause View Post
    I'm stuck on the AOE bubble hearth.
    I don't think it means that you cant be attacked while you are in it, only that your enemies can't attack while your enemies are in it. you or one of your allies are getting pwn'd in a bursty stun-lock situation, drop one of these around the enemies pounding on you/them and suddenly they cant attack you while you are within their range. I can still see a icelance from the ***hole mage being cast from outside its boundries

---------- Post added 2012-03-19 at 02:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by anisadora View Post
    monks sound WAY OP.

I mean, you can rez someone in combat without it counting (ie: raids?!), doesnt say channeled.. and on a three minute cooldown? someone effs up at the start, oh, rez. three minutes in on madness? another rez. and another...
    yeah, I dont think it counts as a combat res because its not a combat res. It seems to be missing the duration that it lasts. most likely It will res someone for 30 seconds or so before they auto die. Seems like a nice dps cd when going through burn phases or if one of your healers died.... you know the one... the one with the battle res... make him res his gotdamn self.

Cherry Mana Tea (LVL 56)
    Channeled
    Requires Serpent Stance
    For each 3 Chi you consume, you gain a charge of Mana Tea.
    Use Mana Tea to consume the charges. Each charge restores 5% of you maximum mana. Mana Tea must be channeled, lasting 1 second per stack. Mana Tea can stack up to 50 times.
    Cancelling the channel will not waste stacks.

Healers dont worry about going OOM!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CLaxxess View Post
    Touch of death + Brewmaster = Goodbye most things perhaps including old raid-bosses.
    Raid bosses are your level + 3, so it won't work on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    Raid bosses are your level + 3, so it won't work on them.
    I don't remember it saying that the npc had to be at your level or below... just under your hp. I'm just thinking... no more 1-200k hp wipes on a boss

15+ Year Old Account
    Now my real-life hobbies can intertwine with my fantasy characters. Brewmaster, here I come!

To everybody freaking out over the 50% dodge buff, keep in mind that Monks wear Leather armor and they can't use shields. This is along the same lines as Bear tanks getting +360% armor in the past, or Blood DKs having a ton of Parry + self-heal effects. The 50% number might have to be tweaked, but on it's face I don't know how it's much different from the 40%+ block rate we've seen from Warriors + Paladins in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Dookiee View Post
    Ring of Peace

Instant, 2 min cooldown
    Forms a sanctuary around you, causing all enemies to be unable to attack or cast harmful spells while within it. Lasts 10 seconds.

That sounds So OP if its how i think it is. So literally anyone can walk into that? and cant be cast on? W T F!
    I think what this means is that while they stand inside it they can't attack. Kinda like the Solar Beam moonkin spell. So they can step out of it and resume attacking you if they have ranged attacks.