Page 1 of 19
... LastLast
    Deleted

Shaman lvl 90 talents

I checked the shaman first because I main a shaman. I wanted to check to see if the level 90 talents were in, and by golly, they were! Our premade characters were only level 85, so I couldn't test them out, but I did write 'em down for you.

One supercharges your Unleash Elements to provide a much better bonus for each imbue type.
    Another removes the cooldown on your Fire and Earth Elemental Totems and allows you to control them.
    And the last is a blast of elemental energy in a cone on a 15s cooldown.

Bear in mind that talents are still being worked on and these may not be final. I also may not have remembered the nuances of each. We couldn't take screenshots, so this is the best you'll get until they update the talent calculator.
    Controllable Fire Elemental, no cooldown, yessss!

Mod note; this was originally posted after the press release, but before the beta launch, so make sure you're checking dates before you post to "correct" something.
    Last edited by Endus; 2012-04-02 at 02:19 AM.

source?
    /char

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sooooo, I'll be playing a pet class. Just great. /sadface

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, not much choice there. I think 90% of Shaman will go with Elementals as pets for PvP and PvE.

Deleted
    fire elemental as a pet? fianaly!!!

Deleted
    I'm more drooling over the supercharged UE or the cone attack for enhancement.

Personally as enhance I will be most likely using the charged unleash elements or the element cone.

C...con...controllable Fire Elemental... -BLEEP- MONKS, SHAMANS ARE WHERE IT'S AT!
    I really hope this survives into the actual release, would love to have that ability.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SenSayNyu View Post
    Sooooo, I'll be playing a pet class. Just great. /sadface
    I hate to break it to you, but you were already playing a pet class except most of your pets:

A. Can't move
    B. Require constant replacement
    C. The ones that can move derp around and attack the worst possible target or nothing at all
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Keep in mind though that the Fire Elemental and Earth Elemental talent doesn't say anything about removing the requirement of a totem from these two, so you can still only have down earth ele and fire ele totems without Earthbind, Earthgrasp, tremor, Stone Bulwark, Searing or Magma. Although you technically could just recast your ele totems if you needed to move.

that AoE Cone sounds extremely interesting for ENH shamans.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow....extremely underwhelming to say the least. I was expecting a buffed up unleash elements, that will prob be the best one for Enhance since we get 2 effects, I just hope they do something about FB. Will have to see exactly what this cone spell does and if it has an extra effect, most likely does damage to enemies or heals allies. But pet elemental? Talk about lame. If I want an elemental pet, I'll roll a mage. Having a pet is a horrible idea, I have no idea why anyone would even want a pet earth elemental, and pets are just a crutch, even being able to control them it means less damage coming from the player themselves, and being dependent on the pet to do your max potential damage. Hopefully they give them extra abilities, but I'm hoping they scrap the idea completely and come up with something better.

Why isn't there a full list of class changes? Is it just not posted yet or what? Will we be getting a full description of talents and glyphs?

Deleted
    Cone of Elements could be interesting if it was more just just a cone of damage, maybe if it did extra damage/had extra effects from your weapon imbue or something but Unleash Elements already does that so I don't know. Controllable Fire Elemental is a given and I guess will be the go to DPS talent. Super UE must be the continuation of inside running joke they have?

I don't understand why they don't just improve/change Unleash Elements entirely, instead of slapping it into the talent tree....

Fuck my life. I don't want to play a pet class. There's too many pet classes/specs in this game as it is...is Guild Wars 2 out yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dislike the idea of Elemental pets. Will gladly pick the other two talents if they are viable.

stop complaining. no one is forcing you to pick the elemental talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Wow....extremely underwhelming to say the least. I was expecting a buffed up unleash elements, that will prob be the best one for Enhance since we get 2 effects, I just hope they do something about FB. Will have to see exactly what this cone spell does and if it has an extra effect, most likely does damage to enemies or heals allies. But pet elemental? Talk about lame. If I want an elemental pet, I'll roll a mage. Having a pet is a horrible idea, I have no idea why anyone would even want a pet earth elemental, and pets are just a crutch, even being able to control them it means less damage coming from the player themselves, and being dependent on the pet to do your max potential damage. Hopefully they give them extra abilities, but I'm hoping they scrap the idea completely and come up with something better.

Why isn't there a full list of class changes? Is it just not posted yet or what? Will we be getting a full description of talents and glyphs?
    Yeah, the UE boost isn't really impressive for a level 90 talent IMO. Frankly, neither is a cone of elemental energy on a 15 second cooldown. Its nice to get another instant, but that ability really needs something added to it to make it worthwhile. A disorient maybe?

The pet elementals is pretty darn powerful though, and I can't imagine many Shaman not taking it. Having a pet opens up a lot of possibilities, and changes the entire nature of the class. Just imagine an Enhancement Shaman dropping a fire elemental, wolves, and going Ascendance. That's going to be insane.

Here we go. Folk have been crying out for our elementals to become controllable, and now they are giving it to us (well, atm) crying starts about being a pet class?