10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Silly but good to know small questions, for the non very well experienced Diablo fan!

As the fire from the skies still falls, I sat down and tried to think some small little questions! So, here we go!

1) The amount of slots in your inventory, can be expanded? Like adding bags? I'm not even sure if the concept of bags is used here.
    2) What's the gold cap?
    3) Do macros exist? I don't even know if they could be useful but I thought I just ask.
    4) The Beta at the moment goes as far as the end of Act 1 if I'm not mistaken! The following acts are available from day 1 or are they coming to us in forms of patches like later content?
    5) How many characters I will be able to create? Will I have the chance to experience all classes?
    6) Are there any "addon like" programs to provide specific helps on something or is there a standard UI that you can use only?

Thank you for your time! Peace to all!
    Ridiculous this is... Yes, something very ridiculous is happening in here!

4). You will be able to play all act from the start. There will be no content patch for Diablo3 except for something like more item,affixs,special event.

1) No
    6) I remember at one point Blizzard saying they wont allow any kinds of addons.

4) No. Beta covers about 1/3 of Act 1. All acts are available from day 1.

1. Would anyone say it is better playing Singleplayer or Multiplayer?

2. Is the Multiplayer portion a matchmaking system? Select a server? Or do I need 3 friends to play with?

Never played a game like Diablo, but I'm looking very forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mousa View Post
    As the fire from the skies still falls, I sat down and tried to think some small little questions! So, here we go!

1) The amount of slots in your inventory, can be expanded? Like adding bags? I'm not even sure if the concept of bags is used here.
    2) What's the gold cap?
    3) Do macros exist? I don't even know if they could be useful but I thought I just ask.
    4) The Beta at the moment goes as far as the end of Act 1 if I'm not mistaken! The following acts are available from day 1 or are they coming to us in forms of patches like later content?
    5) How many characters I will be able to create? Will I have the chance to experience all classes?
    6) Are there any "addon like" programs to provide specific helps on something or is there a standard UI that you can use only?

1. No, however you can buy more space in your shared stash.
    2. I don't know that it's been found, it would certainly be hard to get that much gold in the beta.
    3. No, and they wouldn't be useful anyway. You only have 6 skills, and you don't need target manipulation since it'll just be whatever you click.
    4. The beta is 1/3 of the first Act. All 4 acts will be available upon release, and there will be no content updates until there's a full blown expansion, which will in all likelihood add 1 more act.
    5. Currently there's a 10 character cap. There are 5 classes, so you can have 1 on each class on both soft and hardcore.
    6. There is no addon support, you're stuck with the default UI.

---------- Post added 2012-03-17 at 05:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bale View Post
    1. Would anyone say it is better playing Singleplayer or Multiplayer?

2. Is the Multiplayer portion a matchmaking system? Select a server? Or do I need 3 friends to play with?

Never played a game like Diablo, but I'm looking very forward to it.
    1. That's up to personal preference. Obviously if you have friends to play with multiplayer should be more fun, however if you're doing public multiplayer there's always the risk of playing with people you don't care for. Either way, the difficulty will be on par as monster health/power scales up based on the number of players in your game.
    2. You can join or host your own public games that will put you with up to 3 other random players.
    Last edited by Beskar; 2012-03-18 at 12:20 AM.
    Verily, thou shalt rejoice in the house of the tentacle.

Single player on beta was awful, hope it subject to change..

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    2. You can join or host your own public games that will put you with up to 3 other random players.
    damn, so d3 isn't going to be a "server based" game? Meaning can I walk around in a non-combat/trade town and see other people?

Quote Originally Posted by womenbeshoppin View Post
    damn, so d3 isn't going to be a "server based" game? Meaning can I walk around in a non-combat/trade town and see other people?
    if it was server based it would mean its a mmo.

so you will find/see a max of 4 players in one game.

that sucks, is there at least a global chat/trade channel??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by womenbeshoppin View Post
    that sucks, is there at least a global chat/trade channel??
    I'm not exactly sure. I heard some random talks about removing the chat and that a lot of people didn't like it, and I found this in Diablofans.com
    Check under the blue boxes http://www.diablofans.com/news/1122-...l-patch-notes/

Bnet PublicChat

Looking for Group
    Trade
    Hardcore
    Barbarian Chat
    Demon Hunter Chat
    Monk Chat
    Witch Doctor Chat
    Wizard Chat

Ps. I hope I'm not getting any punishment for linking another website of that nature!
    Ridiculous this is... Yes, something very ridiculous is happening in here!

Deleted
    Ps. I hope I'm not getting any punishment for linking another website of that nature!
    Diablofans is also part of the curse network, so that's no problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousa View Post

ad 1) You have one bag as your inventory on character, its not too big but should be enough from moment when you get Town Portal ability (in beta you getting it in 2/3 of beta) so you can go to town, sell stuff, go back. Then you have you have Shared stash which is inventory shared betwen all your characters. On start you have there 14 slots i think or something and then you can buy another slots with gold, up to something like 100 slots (I might be off on that) and you can have 5 tabs like that . But it looks like it will be big gold investment as atm 14 slots for shared inventory in beta cost 10000 gold (on other hand thats ammount of gold more or less which you get clearing beta one time killing all mobs)