10+ Year Old Account

Did anyone else see this?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mis...pandaria/monk/

Did you guys see the Blood Elf and Human performing Monk stances? I pretty much cringed at the sight of it, it looks so out of place and look at the fingers.. I'd hate to see the Orcs doing this.. Yikes! What does everyone else think of this? Personally I'm gonna hate seeing this for a month before they get the revamped models out for the next patch.

Take a close look at the hand furthest away on the Blood Elf, it looks demented as shit. I'd assume they would look worse on the older races :S I think I'm just gonna wait until the revamped models come out before I even consider a Monk on any race other than Pandaren.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2012-03-19 at 08:57 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The female blood elf is doing gangster hand signs!

Yes it looks odd, but so did Tauren Paladins. We'll get used to it.

/i can only imagine what Gnome Monk animations would look like.
    Last edited by Ibbi; 2012-03-19 at 08:57 AM.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very excited to see the Dwarf Monk animations. Even if I won't be playing a Monk as my main.

ugh. this looks... what is this? Its like a bad 90s martial arts movie!

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post

Did you guys see the Blood Elf and Human performing Monk stances? I pretty much cringed at the sight of it, it looks so out of place and look at the fingers.. I'd hate to see the Orcs doing this.. Yikes! What does everyone else think of this? Personally I'm gonna hate seeing this for a month before they get the revamped models out for the next patch.

Take a close look at the hand furthest away on the Blood Elf, it looks demented as shit. I'd assume they would look worse on the older races :S I think I'm just gonna wait until the revamped models come out before I even consider a Monk on any race other than Pandaren.
    I don't know what I'm looking for.

Is this BE Tong Long Fist?

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post

It's potentially just a bad camera angle. Human looks relatively fine to me.

I guess that's why they are working on the models!
    We'll only have to bear it for a couple of patches, hopefully ):

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    ugh. this looks... what is this? Its like a bad 90s martial arts movie!
    I think that's kinda the point.

So, how many Chuck Norris name variants will we see?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait to see Night Elf or even gnome animations for this! Imagine the little guys leaping and rolling

Deleted
    It look's totally awesome!

I would have considered Goblin or Worgen since they are the next-newest models and probably would not look as bad as the old human models for instance. Sadly though it means to make it decent looking I'll e rolling Pandaren monk. Which works out because it was the plan anyway, see the new stuff on a new class at the same time, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Tanks are bowls. Healers are milk. DPS is the cereal. If you don't have a bowl, nothing's going anywhere but where you don't want it. If your milk's bad, the whole meal is instantly ruined. If there is not enough cereal, the whole meal is a failure and you aren't satisfied.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    I don't know what I'm looking for.
    nvm deleted cookies and it changed to them
    Last edited by Donovan4893; 2012-03-20 at 03:45 AM.

Need to see gnome monk's!

Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    Tauren monk will be hilarious.
    I'm gonna second this

Deleted
    The female Blood Elf is in what looks to be a Mantis form - the position of the fingers is consistent with that style of Kung Fu which is based around finger attacks to hit pressure points and such. Might seem strange but it looks fairly spot on to the real thing.

I haven't been a member long enough to post a link but if you type mantis kung fu into a search engine and look at some images you'll see what I mean.