Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Uhm.... Have you seen the frontpage? It clearly says all over that the pandaren mount is the serpent thing.
    That's a bad summary of the whole press event script at the end of the post.

Here the full quote:
    We really want to give players a lot of things they can do with their character, especially at max level, regardless of what type of player you are. The Pandaren have trained and raised these cloud serpents as mounts. Would you like one of your own? Of course you would! You can work with these guys over the course of 20 days or so to raise your own cloud serpent
    Nowhere in this quote it is stated that the cloud serpent is the racial mount... It's a simple interpretation of "have trained and raised as mounts". But in the same sentence it's also stated that you'll have to train those mounts for yourself with a lvl 85+ daily quest chain, which somehow makes the "is the racial mount" interpretation rather unlikely.

You btw completely ignored the part about the Tom Chilton interview stating that the Racial Mount will be the Dragon Turtle...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    That's a bad summary of the whole press event script at the end of the post.

Here the full quote:
    Nowhere in this quote it is stated that the cloud serpent is the racial mount... It's a simple interpretation of "have trained and raised as mounts". But in the same sentence it's also stated that you'll have to train those mounts for yourself with a lvl 85+ daily quest chain, which somehow makes the "is the racial mount" interpretation rather unlikely.

You btw completely ignored the part about the Tom Chilton interview stating that the Racial Mount will be the Dragon Turtle...
    The original Worgen mount concept was to be the giant spiky boar thing. Things change.

It's not as if there aren't "fun" quests that can be completed by both max level and lower level characters already in game.

I can see it being similar to the Netherwing stuff, but we'll have to wait and see.

10+ Year Old Account
    I made something cool.

Here is what ive done:
    - I took the model of the Heart of the Aspects mount.
    - Changed the textures on it
    - Took away the effects
    - Put a pandaren monk on its back

The Result, a Pandaren with a 'cloud serpent' mount:

Last edited by Z3ROR; 2012-03-19 at 10:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    I made something cool.

Here is what ive done:
    - I took the model of the Heart of the Aspects mount.
    - Changed the textures on it
    - Took away the effects
    - Put a pandaren monk on its back

The Result, a Pandaren with a 'cloud serpent' mount:

Seriously this is awesome!
    I really want one and a Heart of the Aspects mount.

Could you do a red version one, because I love red.
    For the Horde!

Listening to their presentation again does make it sound like the Cloud Serpents are going to be closer to the Netherwing than anything else. Set in the jade forest and it was in the middle of his "stuff to do at max level" spiel. So Pandaren might be getting a racial mount in addition to this one, which just happens to be part of a Pandaren faction/culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    will probably share the aspect skeleton, but different textures

10+ Year Old Account
    cloud serpent is not the panda mount the cloud serpent is a mount everyone can learn at lvl 90 after about 20 days of grinding

Quote Originally Posted by ToxTheWrecker View Post
    The evidence of how they are is in the video. The Jade Forest. 0:24. Upper left of the screen in the background. 6 of them flying around the front of the Jade Tower.
    This, watch the jade forest video and check them out.

Just give me a kodo or an yak with totems on it and my shaman character will be happy as a kid in a candy store.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Margallo View Post
    Seriously this is awesome!
    I really want one and a Heart of the Aspects mount.

Could you do a red version one, because I love red.
    Sure, here is a red one:

and a dark one:

Last edited by Z3ROR; 2012-03-19 at 10:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Go to 0:24

There is your cloud serpent. I'm pretty sure you can even see the pandas riding on it.

E: Oh someone beat me to it . Thought it was pretty obvious.
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

I doubt Pandarians are going to be the first race with a flying racial mount. Sounds like a mount available from dailies like the raptor in Un'Goro.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venteus View Post
    *snip*

Go to 0:24

There is your cloud serpent. I'm pretty sure you can even see the pandas riding on it.

E: Oh someone beat me to it . Thought it was pretty obvious.
    Aww.. I was gonna post it too! But yeah it's pretty much Heart of the Aspect minus the wings, but it's hard to tell from that distance they're seen at in the video.

it's easier to tell in the video, but I think this is what we will get, and I think it's awesome!

Lazy sketches of how I think they'd look if more of concept art. But yeah could think they'd give them the wingless AoH model, their flying animation suggests it too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they meant it as a lore thing, you know, this is the Pandaren mount of choice but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the racial mount. That would be weird since it's a flying mount, not to mention the playable Pandaren aren't from Pandaria, and the Wandering isle might not have Cloud Serpents.

Deleted
    That's what I have in mind as well. It's very much alike the giant jade serpents/dragons statues shown in some pictures and videos.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I think of cloud serpents I think of the newly blizz store release the heart of the aspects. The only problem I have with the panderan mount which in itself is kinda cool is its going to be like the Venomhide Ravasaur mount the horde can get in ungoro.