Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Is anyone else seeing a potential issue in heroic raiding for destro? I'm not complaining, but any healing intensive fight appears to be almost unintentionally aimed at ousting Destruction. Isn't that a little counterproductive?
    Depends if any form of ember tap /whatever they decide to name it, allowing us to consume our embers/whatever they name that. The on demand heal could help balance out the potential health loss at key moments.

Also we don't know if aff/demo are going to be using LT more frequently in MoP so all locks might be in the relatively same boat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I can see that causing problems. Not all abilities consume fury while in Meta, so increased damage and survivability with no limitations seems a little off.
    Staying in Meta the entire time while in PvP would severely limit your damage output. I'm assuming that spells that build up Demonic Fury outside of Meta will stop doing so while in Meta, meaning you would gain survivability but your damage output would be limited to Corruption and HoG. You'd be about as useful as a tank post-vengeance nerf. In PvE, you'd run into the same problems with damage output. I just think that this is more of a perceived issue than a real one, mainly because it's simply not feasible to completely cut your damage output by 80% for most situations. Sure there will be situations were Demo Locks will be damn hard to kill, but it comes as the sacrifice of offensive output.

What about affliction? still being worked on?

i've seen a lot of content for destro and demo but nothing about affliction...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangrah View Post
    i've seen a lot of content for destro and demo but nothing about affliction...
    Affliction warlocks now come equipped with their own scourge catapult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Is anyone else seeing a potential issue in heroic raiding for destro? I'm not complaining, but any healing intensive fight appears to be almost unintentionally aimed at ousting Destruction. Isn't that a little counterproductive?
    There seems to be a lot of Warlock talents that help with self-healing. For those fights, you should be able to spec into them and still do really good DPS.

Deleted
    I really hope there will be some love and redesigning of demons and demonform etc.

I dont like to put it this way, but just look at what druids seem to get...again new forms and boni:
    Glyph of Stars: Moonkin Form ability is replaced with Astral Form, conferring all the same benefits, but now appearing as an astrally enchanted version of your normal humanoid form.
    Glyph of the Chameleon: Each time you shapeshift into Cat Form or Bear Form, your shapeshifted form will have a random hair color.
    Glyph of the Orca: Your Aquatic Form now appears as an Orca.
    Glyph of the Stag: Your Travel Form now appears as a Stag and can be used as a mount by party members.
    Glyph of the Treant: Allows you to shapeshift into Treant Form. The act of shapeshifting frees the caster of movement slowing effects.
    If there's nothing in it for Warlocks this time, Ill be really dissapointed and propably agnry.

Quote Originally Posted by Killrogg View Post
    Permanent Meta ? Sounds good and it will be awesome if they pull it to improve the meta form and the according spell animations, especially Immolation Aura, if that one will still be ingame in MoP.
    Immolation Aura exists still, but it's another one of our spells that's "morphed" while in Meta form. Like how Shadowflame turns into Carrion Swarm (and gains a knockback), Shadow Bolt turns into Demonic Slash(which gets an instant cast), Hellfire while in Meta will turn into Immolation Aura (so it doesn't have to be channeled).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoftuna View Post
    Immolation Aura exists still, but it's another one of our spells that's "morphed" while in Meta form. Like how Shadowflame turns into Carrion Swarm (and gains a knockback), Shadow Bolt turns into Demonic Slash(which gets an instant cast), Hellfire while in Meta will turn into Immolation Aura (so it doesn't have to be channeled).
    Demonix slash... I wonder if this will look like the green demonic blast Malganis was using in the caverns of time (stratholme) ? It would definetely be cooler than just some lame slash animation.

Demonix slash... I wonder if this will look like the green demonic blast Malganis was using in the caverns of time (stratholme) ? It would definetely be cooler than just some lame slash animation.
    I don't remember that fight completely. All I remember is his Carrion Swarm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoftuna View Post
    I don't remember that fight completely. All I remember is his Carrion Swarm.
    This one: The big green blast.

This one: The big green blast.
    That was actually Carrion Swarm.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=58852

I'm betting Demonic Slash will be the melee attack animation but some special green/black dimensional rip animation at the target.

Deleted
    Ok, so that's that. ^^
    We've seen it earlier already, Players learn spells that formerly only dungeon or raid npcs were able to do.
    For example that moving fire sphere mages got, which was first seen in ICC Blood Council. (If Im not mistaken)

10+ Year Old Account
    I am glad the 'might' be moving away from the non GCD locked model...that was the dumbest shit they have come up with in awhile.

As for everything else I can't wait to see how it works in beta.

Careful what you wish for.
    Last edited by Xelnath; 2012-03-20 at 03:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    Carrion swarm= worst crap ever
    We never had this spell, so why u mad about it ?
    I just thought it would be cooler than just some "cleave" and it would have a good lore base as for demonology.

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    I am glad the 'might' be moving away from the non GCD locked model...that was the dumbest shit they have come up with in awhile.

As for everything else I can't wait to see how it works in beta.
    They're waiting for the next movement inspiration to strike so they can throw it against the wall and see if it sticks. Warlocks everywhere will applaud it regardless if it's good design or balance, because "doing the same things year after year is boring".

Here's a hint: if they don't have a clear vision for a class, they keep flailing at things until they find something that works, and when they don't they flail again and again. You don't see complete reworks when classes are in a good place, or consistent with where their long-term plans are.

10+ Year Old Account
    We never had this spell, so why u mad about it ?
    I just thought it would be cooler than just some "cleave" and it would have a good lore base as for demonology.
    Because knockbacks are popular amongst the tanking community. That severely limits the ability's use, unless there's a glyph to deactivate the knockback, just as we'd probably want a similar glyph to disable the secondary effects of HoG; that means our glyph slots are effectively being wasted by deactivating secondary effects, where they'd probably feel 'cooler' if they were there to add those effects.

Also, did we find out whether Demonic Slash was a ranged or melee ability?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wonder how they will balance demonic fury if it is only used during meta ... would that mean that we have to pool demonic fury during trash before a raidboss to do maxdmg or even go hunting critters *twitch* or will they implement a ability to gain it out of combat ... there are so many negative consequences if it didn't diminish over time

or did I miss some Information ?

According to a statement which described it being "fun to run around in demon form" while in a city did indicate that demonic fury does not diminsh over time but simply through spending of the fury.
    Meta will it seems last as long as there is unspent demonic fury.

However there is no real need to pool it either, because you can use it at a considerably greater frequency than before, perhaps lining it up with cooldowns/procs.