Page 1 of 90
... LastLast

Blizzard will let 25 mans die?

So we're after the press tour.I was looking forward to only one thing: Don't let 25 mans die.
    It seems like Blizzard doesn't have any plans to do that and things gonna stay as they are now.

What does it mean?

It means that 25 man guilds will be consequently,slowly dying.Even if you prefer doing 10 mans this is an issue,communities are gonna die,old guilds disbanding,old school players leaving.MoP looks very nice but really no point for me to play MoP if I have no 25 man guilds on my realm or only 1-2.

Mod warning on page 22, read it before posting. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2012-03-26 at 10:13 AM.

Deleted
    Blizzard implemented death of 25 mans at the end of wotlk, why would they suddenly change direction?

Deleted
    There is a lot more info in Wowhead's interviews like
    Q: So you are in discussions about possibly changing how the raid lockouts work?

Sure. I think we’re gonna look at how the 10/25 person lockout worked as a shared cooldown. Was that the right decision, or do we want to do something different? I don’t really know what the right answer is yet. We haven’t decided.
    http://www.wowheadnews.com/blog=2017...-j-allen-brack

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    Blizzard implemented death of 25 mans at the end of wotlk, why would they suddenly change direction?
    Because they don't want ppl to leave the game,and they want to please every part of the community

Deleted
    Future will tell, if they are to keep things as they are we will rather see it for ourselves rather than them coming up with the info.

They act like everything is as always, while more than 8/10 25 man guilds disbanded or downsized already.
    Some might argue that the ones that matter keep doing things the way they used to, always in 25.
    Newsflash
    Ensidia disbanded/merged with Envy, For the Horde, Irae Aod playing another game mostly, other top 100 top 25s stopped raiding.
    And the most importand thing? Find me one NEW 25 man top 100 guild that was formed DURING cata!

Last but not least. If 25 man ends up being the format for just a few 100 guilds worldwide, they will just dump it with a perfect excuse!

Quote Originally Posted by Glorn View Post
    Because they don't want ppl to leave the game,and they want to please every part of the community
    It's too late to save 25 man raiding now. Most servers are lucky to have one 25 man guild left, and the people who built and ran those guilds are gone. I highly doubt there's anything Blizzard can do to bring back those people who had to watch all their effort go to waste as Blizzard let their 25 man guilds die.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorn View Post
    So we're after the press tour.I was looking forward to only one thing: Don't let 25 mans die.
    It seems like Blizzard doesn't have any plans to do that and things gonna stay as they are now.
    What would you suggest they do to "not let 25 mans die"?

Already dead.

Alot of people i used to talk to when i played is that their computers can't handle 25man raids so they're kinda forced to raid 10mans

Short of pandering to 25mans in terms of making it largely favourable to play 25 and not 10.... what can they do?

I really, really hope they don't remove shared lockouts, because it would suck beyond all telling for 10 man guilds who can't just run the 2 lockouts with their raid team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    What would you suggest they do to "not let 25 mans die"?
    Different raid instances for 10 and 25 mans.

25 mans are more difficult to run and maintain than 10 mans. Usually, this extra effort gets lumped on a small group of officers, or even just the raid leader. That leads to more stress and more work in a game that is supposed to be for fun. That's why you see 25 man guilds dying off: they were around when it was the only option, but when they aren't anymore? Well, people are going to do what's best for them. Running a 10 man opposed to a 25 man is a lot easier and can be a lot more fun.

The 25 man option is still there for those who want it. We're just no longer forced to do 25 mans. I can only see this as a good thing.

Blizzard is giving you several choices and most people picks the raid size that are easier to handle and control.

Basically what you guys are saying "we need blizzard to force us into one option so we don't destroy our own community"
    Haha, sheeps

25 mans are already dead.
    the main reason i like to raid 10 mans is i find it easier to bond with the team. plus induvidually each person is more important. all it takes is one slacker or one dead guy to wipe.

also. there are so few 25 man guilds on my server recruiting it makes it hard to switch to 25s even if i wanted to.

as to the 10/25 shared lockout discussion going on in this thread. i kind of enjoy the shared lockout because i just dont have the time to raid 2 raids on 4 toons per week anymore.

makes it alot easier on us working stiffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggah View Post
    Basically what you guys are saying "we need blizzard to force us into one option so we don't destroy our own community"
    Haha, sheeps
    This 100 times, why would people need to bother with logistic of 25man raiding if they don't want to? 25man is dying since people are not forced to do it anymore. I do agree 10man was undertuned on tier12&13, i hope they fix that.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are nine 8/8H guilds on Illidan. http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/il...ting.tier13_25

There are four on Mal'Ganis, four on Zul'jin, three on Kil'Jaeden, three on Blackrock etc.

On the EU Side, theres six on Ravencrest, five on Kazzak, five on Свежеватель Душ etc.

25 man guilds dying is a perception, and most of the people that say it is dying are stuck on server's that do not really have a raiding community.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggah View Post
    Blizzard is giving you several choices and most people picks the raid size that are easier to handle and control.

Haha, sheeps
    At the moment Blizz is almost forcing ppl to do 10 man,that's why 25 man guilds are dying.There is one simple thing they could to do,it might not bring back 25 mans as they were before,but at least it may stop disbanding 25 man guilds.
    I'm talking about different achievements,it should be known if you killed Deathwing on 25 man or 10 man,also server firsts for 10 and 25 man not only oneserver first achi.

Seriously you guys are saying that Blizzard shouldn't force ppl to play 25 mans but it's ok for you that they almost force ppl to play 10 man.
    That's shitty logic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mixerii View Post
    This 100 times, why would people need to bother with logistic of 25man raiding if they don't want to? 25man is dying since people are not forced to do it anymore. I do agree 10man was undertuned on tier12&13, i hope they fix that.
    25 man is dying cause people don't see it satisfactory enough to devote 4 times the time needed for the same result.
    25 man is dying because people want the faster and more efficient way to connect point A to point Z.

Being forced in that manner to raid 10s is not better than those of you that felt forced in the past to raid 25s.
    And you know what? At least back then locks were not shared and you could run BOTH! That is not the case today, and it makes the situation much worse.
    Also what you forget conviniently enough is that it is much worse to see smt you created going down.
    Back then those raiding strictly 10 were just complaining about the lesser status and the lesser rewards of their (easier) tuned content.
    Now those that raided 25s are not only being forced out of it, they also see their guilds falling appart.

And you all are combaring what is happening today to the feeling 10 man raiders had in Wrath?
    Right...

25 can die, because the alternative you're after is "shaft the majority".

Most people don't want to arrange 24 other people (usually ~40 when you count the spares needed), continually recruit new people (turnover in anything outside the top few guilds is like McDonald's), raid with people they don't like (the chance of two people having an insurmountable hatred of each other increases drastically as numbers go up), keep track of who got what loot and when, and all the other shit that went along with setting up a 25 man raid...

We just put up with it because that's where the proper content and rewards were. Now they're in both, the players (or at the very least, the people organising raids) have chosen. And the choice is 10 man. Moving to a 25 man focus now will cause a lot more players to leave the game than would be bought back.

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    I agree with this