Thread: Pantheon help.

Deleted

Pantheon help.

Basically, I've been playing Pantheon for some time now, and although i'm doing well i'd like to be doing better.
    I am, for the most part, getting roughly 10/0/-- in all my matches with him, but i really want to drive my kills up.
    My end game item build is as follows -
    Merc Treads
    Warmog's Armor
    Atma's
    The Bloodthirster
    Youmuu's Ghostblade
    Infinity Edge

I'm having problems actually finishing the build in matches though, as i am not getting enough early game kills.
    I'm summoner level 18 ingame, so it's not ranked and tactics against newbies still work.
    I don't usually play with friends, so i queue solo.

Any hands on advice is appreciated!
    Cheers - - -
    Mini.

Change the profile picture. This way you can prey on more than yordles, effectively doubling your kill potential in any average game!

On a serious note. Screw kills and farm properly. I can say for sure that you don't farm nearly enough.
    Last edited by Thigrai; 2012-03-19 at 04:37 PM.
    Signature by Tacy :]

Quote Originally Posted by Minisynn View Post
    Basically, I've been playing Pantheon for some time now, and although i'm doing well i'd like to be doing better.
    I am, for the most part, getting roughly 10/0/-- in all my matches with him, but i really want to drive my kills up.
    Any hands on advice is appreciated!
    Cheers - - -
    Mini.
    Why can't I have you on my team?????

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thigrai View Post
    I can say for sure that you don't farm nearly enough.
    Your right there... I don't last hit enough minions, i'm working on that problem though, but it seriously gimps building my items.

Deleted
    10 cs = 1 kill, give or take. Now, which one is the easiest the achieve? x)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellrisen View Post
    As soon as you start thinking with this mentality, your whole attitude towards the game changes.

I used to freak out and decide that laning was pointless if my opponent had say 2 kills on me. Then I thought about it and if you look at it, yes they might have 2 more kills, but I have say 30-40 more CS because they spend their entire time trying to harrass you and ignoring the creeps.

= i'm winning in gold.

It really adds perspective and kinda shows why pro players, particularly in top lane, almost completely ignore each other and dance around CSing for the first 20 mins of a game, simply because it's just more efficient.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellrisen View Post
    A dead enemie means easier farm for you + less XP and cs for him because he is dead. Just saying...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's a VERY expensive build. You really need to focus on your creep score more than kills, especially in the first 10 mins. Take overextensions when you can, and set up ganks, but focus on farming for the most part. I'd also recommend not doing complete builds right off the start, get boots, crit sword that gives you extra gold, health, and BF sword, then start completing builds depending on how the game is progressing. I've also found getting a Wriggles lantern and throwing wards by enemy golems makes great jump bait to gank and steal buffs.

Deleted
    I don't get how getting more cs can gimp your item building, to be honest.

An unmodified kill is 300 gold.
    From then on, it becomes less and less, while minions worth become higher and higher.
    Getting killed by your lane enemy of course resets the gold bounty on your enemy, but dying makes you lose both CS and kills, so ya... Let's not take that into too much consideration.

A caster minion starts at 16 gold and it's bounty increases by 1 gold every third minute.
    A melee minions starts at 22 gold and it's bounty increases by 0,5 gold every third minute.
    A siege minions starts at 27 gold and it's bounty increases by 1 gold every third minute.
    (Every third minute from 1:30 and onwards. A new wave appears every 30th second)
    The first three waves are therefore worth a grand total of 369 gold. (9 Caster, 9 Melee, 1 Siege)

Therefore, getting EARLY kills (Which is quite possible as Pantheon) is worth it. But after 3-4 mins. you should put 90% focus on farm.
    In the scenario you don't get killed too much, and you kill your opponent "often", he is probably worth 270g or so. Or 12-13 melee minions.

Now, at the ten minute mark, a creepwave without a siege minion is worth 123 gold, which is 40% of a kill... No risk, high reward. And all you have to do is kill minions .p

If you go 4/0, You'll have about 1100 bonus gold. But if you're 50 minions behind (25 of each small minions, for simplicities' sake) you're actually only 75 in lead. If it is siege minions, or mid game, you might even be BEHIND in gold.

Sorry for the wall of text... But i hope it helped you realize the importance of getting those last hits.

Another thing you could do is not build defensive at start. Ive never played Mantheon myself, so I dont know if he can snowball well, but basicly this is what I do.

If I get, say, 2k gold at 5-7min(2-3kills + farm) you should buy MORE damage and start roaming. Gank everywhere. And I mean everywhere. If you're a bf sword up on someone 7 minutes in the game, you're going to kill them. Tho keep in mind, this is totally countered if the enemy team gets fed early as well, tho when you think about it, thats even more reason to roam and help out.

You could watch Ezpz and learn alot of these things. Hes a low elo pub stomper(elo jobs and whatnot) and hes kind of a dick(Never does a wholelot wrong according to him), but he is damn good at abusing his lead.

edit: Tho, if you dont get ahead, you probably should stick to your normal build.

If you're going for a bruiser-type build I recommend you go top lane and farm as much as you can till your or your opponents turrets drops. Killing really isn't a priority for you at top lane. It's a nice bonus, but not a priority.

If you really want to go for some early kills.. Get an early Brutalizer for some good poke. Then again, the whole point of getting Youmuu's Ghostblade is that you buy an early Brutalizer and you simply have to finish your item build. I mostly just sell it and get a Last Whisper instead but that's me.
    Last edited by Rampant Rabbit; 2012-03-20 at 12:57 PM.

Deleted
    warmogs on pantheon is pretty useless. he has nice AD scaling so mallet plus atmas gives you more overall AD plus an awesome slow.

and on your current build warmogs and atmas is pretty bad so early. they're too expensive and you don't get any benefit from them until later on in the game. you would want to buy some dorans or a phage or brutalizer early.

a potential start is boots 3 pots > dorans blade > dorans blade > brutalizer > upgrade boots > phage > etc etc

Deleted
    As i said, that's my end game build.

I start with boots > Dorans > Dorans > Brutalizer.

Quote Originally Posted by Minisynn View Post
    As i said, that's my end game build.

I start with boots > Dorans > Dorans > Brutalizer.
    I would get 1 doran's and a Philo stone for sustain on your top lane tbh. More regen = more spear throws.