Thread: Monk raid cds

Monk raid cds

Do these insane monk raid cds make them an absolute requirement for any raid, of any size? Let alone multiple ones possibly being required, think aura mastery on heroic lich king x1000 with some of these abilities!

So much for bring the player, not the class. It will be "bring the monk, not the other class" if this goes live like this and other healers (And even dps cds, since dps monks get some of them as well!) are not buffed massively in the raid cd department.

I know, I know, pre-beta, we dont know everything, but just reading the abilities is like...what? if you do not have multiple monks in even a 10 man, you are severely gimping your raid cds!

Deleted
    What cd's? did not noticed

Quote Originally Posted by Drst View Post
    What cd's? did not noticed
    3 min CD battlerez that isn't on the counter?
    Better Aura Mastery+bubble than pallies?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Monks seem to be a blend of both tank and raid healers. In 10 mans I see Monks working well with the other classes, as they bring a pretty nice mixed healing style. 25 mans, however, I see them being the "melee" healer, AKA sticking with the melee group and keeping them up while other healers are assigned other duties.

I don't really see them being required in 10 mans, but in 25 mans I can see people wanting to bring at least one monk healer. Of course, this is based on what we see on paper and not in actual play. The other healers are getting some new tricks so I doubt that people will be bringing only monks. However, I do see the arugement that Monks will be needed, meaning that, for example, if Monks are better than Paladins at single target healin and their raid healing is nice, Paladins might not be as desirable. Same thing can be applied to any healing class.

I am sure Blizz is aware of this. If not, well I am making a Monk Healer/Tank either way. I have every healer but a Priest at 85 and I plan on using them all in Mists to some extent, but if the Monk is what I like/what my guild needs then so be it.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

I'm assuming he's talking about:

Meditation
    Channeled, 3 min cooldown
    Reduces all damage taken by 99% and redirects to you all harmful spells cast against your allies within 30 yards. Lasts 10 seconds.
    Being the victim of a melee attack will break your Meditation, cancelling the effect.

This would not do anything for say Ultraxion/Zon'Ozz damage that is an aoe and is not a spell cast at a raid member. Sure it has it's uses but it's not the be all and end all of awesomeness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes, that one. Eh. It is useful on some fights, like Ultra, but once every three minutes is NOT broken. It is just a different way to approach damage. I am actually surprised Disc never got anything like this.

I got to think the number will be reduced - 99% reduction is a bit strong, even with the redirection/melee break - plus a large effect will kill the monk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docseuzz View Post
    I got to think the number will be reduced - 99% reduction is a bit strong, even with the redirection/melee break - plus a large effect will kill the monk.
    Well it reduces the damage to nearly nothing. I am sure that the Monk will need healing from everyone else, though. That is why this ability is not totally overpowered; you are essentially healing one target for a bit instead of healing the raid. It reminds me slightly of spirit link totem. Instead of having people at full health and low health, everyone's health becomes the same so it is easier to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Apellosine View Post
    I'm assuming he's talking about:

Meditation
    Channeled, 3 min cooldown
    Reduces all damage taken by 99% and redirects to you all harmful spells cast against your allies within 30 yards. Lasts 10 seconds.
    Being the victim of a melee attack will break your Meditation, cancelling the effect.

This would not do anything for say Ultraxion/Zon'Ozz damage that is an aoe and is not a spell cast at a raid member. Sure it has it's uses but it's not the be all and end all of awesomeness.
    im wondering if this would work against aoe harmful spells

Assuming Meditation works on aoe boss abilities, It really wont take much healing Speedy.

If a boss aoe hits everyone for 500k (a fairly large number currently) *25 man raid within 30 yards*.01(damage reduced by 99%) = only 125k damage taken. Even in current gear, that's not someones full health - so assuming they are topped off, very easy to manage.

Depending on how high health inflates from gear, and how high boss damage abilities goes will determine just how much healing they'd actually need.

One thing to keep in mind, this raid CD is baseline amongst all specs: Tank, dps and heals! - so now you have dps being able to chain raid CD's instead of just healers and tanks - talk about OP! (that will have to change). Tank monks likely wont use this since melee hits cancel it. And it would be worthless in a phase with lots of adds that could hit you in say a Black+Red+other ooze on Yor'sahj.

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    3 min CD battlerez that isn't on the counter?
    Where is that? I didn't see one of these

Healing spec ability

Revival (LVL 78)
    1400 Mana, 40 yard range, Instant Cast, 3 min cooldown
    Requires Serpent Stance
    You revive the target's spirit, temporarily resurrecting them for until cancelled with 50% health and mana.
    Revival does not count towards the combat resurrection limit.

Due to the awkward wordage and the use of "temporary", its likely not going to be a true Brez.
    More like you come back to life with 50% health and mana for X secs, say for 90 or 120 sec (or until canceled), and then die again. Dunno yet.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2012-03-19 at 04:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Healing spec ability

Revival (LVL 78)
    1400 Mana, 40 yard range, Instant Cast, 3 min cooldown
    Requires Serpent Stance
    You revive the target's spirit, temporarily resurrecting them for until cancelled with 50% health and mana.
    Revival does not count towards the combat resurrection limit.

Due to the awkward wordage and the use of "temporary", its likely not going to be a true Brez.
    More like you come back to life with 50% health and mana for X secs, say for 90 or 120 sec (or until canceled), and then die again. Dunno yet.
    Chances are, it will become the basic Brez. Last time a class had a "temporary" Return-From-Death thing that didnt effect brezs, blizz turned that into a brez.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Yeah it sounds a bit like the old version of Raise Ally, except you stay you rather than a ghoul
    I liked the old version of Raise Ally ):

Deleted
    The damage statue seems amazing, so much utility. I'm hyped for this class.