Thread: Haunt removal?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The Everlasting Affliction listed on the spells is the system they posted about some months ago allowing you to refresh your DoTs earlier without the same sort of penalty as presently exists.
    I was only speculating on what they might be doing with Soul Shards. In any case, Soul Shards are looking to be a much larger part of our rotation, since we can Soul Burn every 15 seconds and we can now regen them in Combat without having to kill something.

Affliction is definatly going to need something else, being a 3 dot, 2 multi dot, 1 spell class is going to be boring, especially looking at the how involved destro and demo are looking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by felcommander View Post
    Affliction is definatly going to need something else, being a 3 dot, 2 multi dot, 1 spell class is going to be boring, especially looking at the how involved destro and demo are looking.
    Demo is looking better with 1 DoT and one filler that changes with boss health or stance? Bane of Doom at a 1 min duration, and Wild Imps on a 1 min cooldown don't exactly stand out as rotational abilities :\

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo will have Shadowbolt, Corruption, Shadowflame, Bane of Doom, Wild Imps and Hand of Gul'dan in the rotation. On top of that, Demonic Fury management will play a huge role in performance, and will make the whole thing feel far more dynamic. Really the only difference between the MoP Demo rotation and the current rotation if you simply look at available spells, is that Immolate and Incinerate are missing. Immolate got auto refreshed, so no actual gameplay loss there, meaning the only actual gameplay ability lost is Incinerate. We do however gain Wild Imps, a different take on HoG, and a new resource to manage, so I'd say Demo will be far from boring.

What would it take for Haunt to be a burst DPS button, not a mandatory rotational spell?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kildragon View Post
    Demo will have Shadowbolt, Corruption, Shadowflame, Bane of Doom, Wild Imps and Hand of Gul'dan in the rotation. On top of that, Demonic Fury management will play a huge role in performance, and will make the whole thing feel far more dynamic. Really the only difference between the MoP Demo rotation and the current rotation if you simply look at available spells, is that Immolate and Incinerate are missing. Immolate got auto refreshed, so no actual gameplay loss there, meaning the only actual gameplay ability lost is Incinerate. We do however gain Wild Imps, a different take on HoG, and a new resource to manage, so I'd say Demo will be far from boring.
    I suspect Shadowflame is intended to be part of the AoE rotation, and not really single target any longer; although the figures say it may well remain. HoG however hits for less than Fel Flame going by those figures, so it's looking more like a utility spell than a DPS spell. Again, the 1 min duration/cd on Imps and Doom aren't terribly compelling to me; they're just on hit cooldowns. The loss of Molten Core for me is huge, it's dynamic and makes you pay attention, as well as giving you something to actually think about it's use beyond 'is the button lit up yet'. The new resource, I dunno about; building up power from your rotation isn't much different to waiting for a cooldown to light up; we'll see but if the only real difference is that you can press it when you want rather than having to wait for that button, then it's little more than a quality of life improvement if ultimately the overall uptime is going to be comparable. Managing it really isn't going to be too hard.

You reach a point where you have such quality of life and so much control that it actually becomes boring, because there is no adversity, no challenge, no having to deal with shitty RNG. It's dealing with the bullshit that actually makes the class and the game interesting, because good players will deal with it well, bad will fail and QQ. I don't see where the problem is with that, because ultimately, once you got the hang of it and you can deal with the crappy bits you feel all the more awesome and accomplished for doing so. Even better when you can use the crap to your advantage; it is entirely possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    What would it take for Haunt to be a burst DPS button, not a mandatory rotational spell?
    Like Mind Spike? I dunno. Everything people are coming up with these days is another damn rip-off of SPriest abilities. The channeled fill is going too far in that direction as it is imho, giving it on demand burst as well? I mean seriously. Just go ahead and roll one. I did, it's boring, because everything is laid out in front of you, nothing to figure out, nothing to master. Just 100% deal with anything buttons.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2012-03-22 at 02:32 AM.

Should of just made shadows embrace stack on the warlock, not the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumskittles View Post
    Should of just made shadows embrace stack on the warlock, not the target.
    And then you end up with an arcane mage with dots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And then you end up with an arcane mage with dots.
    Or just a Shadow Priest with Orbs/Empowered Shadow...

Deleted
    Haunt seems to still be in the beta : http://www.twitch.tv/hamanard, he just cast it. And there seems to be a proc associated.
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2012-03-22 at 12:14 PM.