Windwalker Mastery: Combo Breaker

Not to excited about this, another mastery that increases a chance for something to proc. Did they not learn anything from the original ret paladin mastery?

Deleted
    I find these types of masteries more interesting than the standard "increases your block" Paladins get in prot. Plus it gives you a way to combat the RNG somewhat, by stacking mastery.

The main problem, at least in my opinion, is that it makes it hard to balance stats. Either you make it not increase the proc chance enough in effect making mastery garbage, make it increase the proc chance too much making stacking mastery too good so the other stats suffer or you rework it every patch to bring it back to a balanced level which gives the person no real gear progression.

Deleted
    Well as a Ret Paladin, I don't mind stacking mastery to the sky. I suppose I can see why some people would prefer to be able to get higher crit or haste instead, but that's how the cookie's crumbled I suppose.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Arms warrior one works pretty nice and it's a proc-based Mastery.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

True Nikkaszal, but the arms one is passive so it doesn't mess up your rotation where this one would be active and could factor into your rotation. Guess I didn't really make it clear as to that was one of the things I didn't like about it. If it were to be passive to where say your Jab had an X% chance to proc one of those attacks at the same time it wouldn't bother me, just that you have to activate the ability yourself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Less passive ability and much more activity and breaking up of "rotations" is exactly the model that Blizzard has been trying to put across for a while now.

Rather than locking yourself into repetitive cycles, you're expected to keep an eye on procs and reactive abilities.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

brb going to train combos in Tekken

Jab - Jab - Jab - C-C-COMBO BREAKER! - Tiger palm

Gotta love Blizzard with their name creativity!

Edit: Seems like Windwalkers will be like Feral druids also. In Ultraxion type fights DPS is lower due to not getting behind Boss with Muscle Memory >

Deleted
    I'm hoping its simialr to, say, free Mangles/Shield Slams for Bears/Prot Warriors. Hand of Light sucked badly for rets because you used HP abilities like Finishers for Rogues, & randomly getting a 3 HP proc made the whole rotation too, erm, random for its own good.

Think of it like getting an incite proc, or overpower for arms if you happen to play a warrior.

Hmm, thinking about it, seems a tad bland, your spammable chi builder allowing one of your finishers/executes to be used at no cost/any time at no cost. guess the proof will be in the pudding in this case. probably rolling Brewmaster/Mistweaver meself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Less passive ability and much more activity and breaking up of "rotations" is exactly the model that Blizzard has been trying to put across for a while now.

Rather than locking yourself into repetitive cycles, you're expected to keep an eye on procs and reactive abilities.
    this. and as GC said in the interview, some players like the element of surprise that would cause them to need to change up there rotation a bit for better performance

Why is Tiger Palm part of the mastery? Seems like Blackout Kick does more damage and the mastery makes it so both are free to use. The only situation I can think of to use Tiger Palm instead of Blackout Kick when you get a mastery proc is when Blackout Kick is on CD, but then again it might be a dps gain if you just waited for it to come back up since it's only 3 sec. What do you guys think? Maybe I missed a talent/passive that made Tiger Palm worth using when you get a mastery proc.
    Seresu - US, Stormrage
    Seru - US, Stormrage

In wrath you could make cast sequence macros for your entire rotation and not ever have to hit more than one button to win. Boring

Now you have to pay attention, at least a little more, and be more reactive about what to use when, much like fighting games. Also, it seems this mastery is the only thing that with be a sparkly proc for dps Monks. Not that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Tanks are bowls. Healers are milk. DPS is the cereal. If you don't have a bowl, nothing's going anywhere but where you don't want it. If your milk's bad, the whole meal is instantly ruined. If there is not enough cereal, the whole meal is a failure and you aren't satisfied.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.