lag on a beast machine

would any one know why my machine would lag on a game as simple as minecraft?

i can run wow crysis 2 mw3 etc etc on max settings with no lag but minecraft seems to make my machine slow down so much...any thoughts?

Deleted
    Can you post specs?

1. Post specs.

2. Update Java.

3. Uninstall any mods you have.

4. Wait for people here to help you.

5. ???

6. Profit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Deleted
    Could be java, i think theres a way to increase the memory, Like go into java settings and type some numbers, google it

im at work atm but i can post in about 2 hours my exact specs, i kno i have a geforce 295 ( lil old but still runs liek a champ ) 3.3ghx i 7 6 gig 1877? maybe mhx corsair rampage extreme 3? maybe mother board

[I]i do have 64bit windows and using 32 bit java... could that be the problem?[/I] i have looked and cant find how to get 64 bit java

1. Go to control panel
    2. Go to Java
    3. Click java within java, then click view.
    4. Runtime perimeters,
    5. Put -Xincgc -Xmx(Memory number you want to allocate)M

Example -Xincgc -Xmx3500M
    Cant think of what my signature would have to be...

i found using optifine http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...a-af-and-more/ instead of MCpatcher really helped my fps. No idea how it works, and I don't particularly care.

It may be a bit buggy, I get things like worldholes when I have it installed, and some lighting bugs. I don't know if that's my fault or it's just a buggy mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I think all the help need is already given, optifine works well. Leaves me only to say voxels are not nearly as simple as you think they are. Plus you know, Notch isn't a great programmer, that's why Jeb has been rewriting MC since he took over the role. But yeha voxels, they be takin a lot more work than mere pixels.