Post Petition for Russian localization

Hello there, fellow mmo-champs.
    I am a russian player and recently found this petition: Petition.
    There are french, german and not so long ago announced spanish localizations at the moment of launch. But no russian one despite the fact that russian game community is pretty damn large.
    There is an interesting example from Tera official forum: Which country are you from?. 34.5% of players voted are Russian speaking - that's quite a lot, isn't it? Pretty sure there are similar proportions for Guild Wars 2 fanbase.

If there will be no separate Russian speaking servers at the moment of game launch, european servers will be overflowed for sure.
    So please sign up under that petition at the start of the topic, I will be very greatful for such a nice move from you.
    Peace out everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Moonsera View Post
    Hello there, fellow mmo-champs.
    I am a russian player and recently found this petition: Petition.
    There are french, german and not so long ago announced spanish localizations at the moment of launch. But no russian one despite the fact that russian game community is pretty damn large.
    There is an interesting example from Tera official forum: Which country are you from?. 34.5% of players voted are Russian speaking - that's quite a lot, isn't it? Pretty sure there are similar proportions for Guild Wars 2 fanbase.

If there will be no separate Russian speaking servers at the moment of game launch, european servers will be overflowed for sure.
    So please sign up under that petition at the start of the topic, I will be very greatful for such a nice move from you.
    Peace out everyone!
    you guys get everything later don't you? you get it later and cheaper which is why diablo 3 isn't coming out for russia until 3 weeks after launch. it's ready to release, but if they do and it's cheaper they lose money. if it isn't cheaper then why bother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Must resist Russian reversal joke....

Seriously though, best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you guys get everything later don't you? you get it later and cheaper which is why diablo 3 isn't coming out for russia until 3 weeks after launch. it's ready to release, but if they do and it's cheaper they lose money. if it isn't cheaper then why bother.
    Well, for Diablo 3 there is an official information that russian localization will be in stores, sooner or later - it's not that important. But for Guild Wars 2 I never saw any info on that topic. Maybe there will be later announcement (like a spanish one - announced only in february 2012). Who knows.
    Anyway, this petition will definitely underline the importance of it for Arenanet.

Not to hijack the topic too much. Is there any word on Australian servers?..

I'm assuming that's what localization means...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat-Lad View Post
    Not to hijack the topic too much. Is there any word on Australian servers?..

I'm assuming that's what localization means...
    Localization is basically translation

I dunno... Then Id like to see you guys similar way just like in WoW... no offense.
    Having GW2 non-rus will "scare" away a lil bit RUSkids who type only in their own language.
    But for hell I dont want to see any cyrylica in chat, and thats what majority of your country men bring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post

Seriously though, best of luck
    In Soviet Russia.... urgh... Luck bests... gahh... YOU! DAMNIT!

Quote Originally Posted by Hezar View Post
    I never understood why localize games or dub movies. It always ruins em. I never choose localized version if there is one available.
    Your true, but... Me and one group of my friends don't mind to play games or watch movies in English, but there's also another group who barely can speak and understand it. And, of course, I want so that both groups can play with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonsera View Post
    Well, for Diablo 3 there is an official information that russian localization will be in stores, sooner or later - it's not that important. But for Guild Wars 2 I never saw any info on that topic. Maybe there will be later announcement (like a spanish one - announced only in february 2012). Who knows.
    Anyway, this petition will definitely underline the importance of it for Arenanet.
    russian localization for diablo 3 is already done and ready, it's the price difference that's the issue

wondering if this is the same for gw2. it may get announced later but you don't make any friends doing it like blizz did.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Localization is basically translation
    Ah, I see. Yeah that sounds like you guys deserve it. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat-Lad View Post
    Ah, I see. Yeah that sounds like you guys deserve it. Good luck!
    No man,
    You deserve it.

<3