Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ...
    I do love how people forget the primary reason for the DEMAND of gems isn't gold it's whatever is in the cash shop. We already know that power (ie stat boosts)aren't there I believe that they're convenience items are like the golem banker really no huge effect on the game. The gems have no real true value besides the cash shop item. THIS will keep the to player fairly low because the person has to weigh the cost (money time vs game time)and since They can buy them no problem it isn't really an inflation issue as NO NEW gold is entering the market. I also love how people think how just having a cash shop negates all of the GAMEPLAY we've seen lately of people just playing the game with no cash shop modifiers and proclaiming how awesome it is. I played gw1 for 5 years before ever buying a non expansion item. In fact I had a ton of spare cash at one point (from farming cathedral of flames and tombs), that I would've loved to spend on costumes. Arena net isn't going to suddenly change their whole manifesto this close to launch. They believe that no player should have an unfair advantage over other s Ever. A fair advantage is skill and luck in timing ( ie getting the drop on someone). Not everyone can buy con sets musing gems. Xp boosters lower the leveling curve more for those who want to be 80 asap, even though it gives them no real advantage. Also I betcha that the armor sold in shop will be...costumes that have NO STATISTICAL BENEFIT.
    Last edited by Sengel; 2012-03-21 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGX View Post
    I'm not claiming to know for sure either, but I am worried about it. Gold providing absolutely no advantage in any way, shape or form as either power or time in an MMO seems unlikely to me.
    Whether or not you are worried, there is nothing you can do until we get more concrete information on the CS. Until then threads like this serve no purpose but causing people to regurgitating arguments, promoting game bashing and fanboyism, and trolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Of course it's not. In fact, all of those F2P cash shops that advertise the exact thing that arenanet sells under the name of "power ups" are clearly lying, and infinitely ethical arenanet is telling you the truth that power ups are in fact not power ups. Instead they are "fair advantages" (TM Arenanet 2012).

You know, I think prefer theological discussions about actual recognised religions. In those, you have a holy book from which you can find verses to point out to the opponent that he cannot disregard easily. You just openly disregard the very meanings of words as dictionary uses them, take the marketing speak which tells you that power ups are in fact not power ups and elevate it to level of gospel.

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so profoundly sad and if most people joining you in that chorus weren't telling us that "no, arenanet would not make such a cash shop" barely a week ago.

Truly, human mind is a wonderfully flexible thing.
    ಠ_ಠ. How are you not banned.
    Last edited by Guilegamesh; 2012-03-21 at 09:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    And why is that? I can just trade someone the gems I buy for gold or items they have and then go buy the coolest and most expensive items in the game!
    The best items in the game are obtained by Karma and Glory, not gold. (or they should be) Gold will only help you get levels, crafting, and pay gold sinks like repair and travel. It gives no max level advantage. (or at least it shouldn't)
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-03-21 at 09:48 PM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    The best items in the game are obtained by Karma and Glory, not gold.
    Weren't you Ash Legion before? (your sig)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidGX View Post
    That message made no mention of gold being able to give you any time or power advantage.
    Oh now you're just being fucking ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    A level 79 weapon would be worse than a level 80 one, wouldn't it?

The gear progression is still vertical until 80, and then it becomes horizontal.
    And since you can craft and buy lvl80 weapons, there's one arrow conveniently missing from the picture. I do wonder why?

Ah yes, because then the picture would represent the reality, which is the exact opposite of what it is supposed to convey.

Closing this now. The past 10+ pages have been more or less the same people having the same argument over and over. Not only is it unproductive as all get out (shouting matches don't really accomplish anything), but there are to many borderline personal attacks, so I'm closing it before it starts to get nasty and I have to hand out infractions.

Let the topic cool off for a few days and then feel free to discuss it again once people aren't as heated (on both sides of the arguments).