Page 1 of 3
LastLast

they only did this to hunter's report about Expertise in build 15668

Rogue
    Evasion no longer reduces the chance that ranged attacks will hit you.

damx you bliz!

Seems pretty weird but that works with me

It's not weird as for Evasion both reduced chance to get hit by range and increased chance to dodge. Now both of those affect when a hunter attacks and if both are still in game a hunter can't touch a rogue with evasion up at all. This was just fixed as a result of the expertise now being used for hunters

They haven't started the PvP balance phase of Beta. I, as a hunter, think it would suck if the dodge chance went live as is. I'm just not convinced, like so many are, that Blizz will do nothing about it. Wait for serious PvP testing first.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipskinesen View Post
    It's not weird as for Evasion both reduced chance to get hit by range and increased chance to dodge. Now both of those affect when a hunter attacks and if both are still in game a hunter can't touch a rogue with evasion up at all. This was just fixed as a result of the expertise now being used for hunters
    You're right it makes sense.

Not sure either, Chrysia. I don't really know who wants more rng in the game, it doesn't seem like a fun concept. But I guess we'll get Expertise Capped and at the end it won't matter anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Neidrah View Post
    You're right it makes sense.

Not sure either, Chrysia. I don't really know who wants more rng in the game, it doesn't seem like a fun concept. But I guess we'll get Expertise Capped and at the end it won't matter anymore?
    In PvE it's probably just another cap to reach and no big deal as they balance us around PvE and the caps there. However as metioned like a million times in http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...pertise-really the problems will be in PvP as you can't really get capped against a player with up to 30%, but we'll just have to wait and see till the testing comes

Right, just read a big part of that post you talked about... Seems like that might be a big problem :/ I just really don't understand who wants that lol. Nobody wants to have more RNG in their gameplay. There's already enough with crits. And since at the end all those changes are for the player to appreciate the game better, why would they even bother introducing a whole new system to a class that already has other problems to deal with?

Quote Originally Posted by Neidrah View Post
    Right, just read a big part of that post you talked about... Seems like that might be a big problem :/ I just really don't understand who wants that lol. Nobody wants to have more RNG in their gameplay. There's already enough with crits. And since at the end all those changes are for the player to appreciate the game better, why would they even bother introducing a whole new system to a class that already has other problems to deal with?

Because it is a hunter. If they wanted to actually fix our problems, they would have done it by now. At this point they are just toying with us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having played a Hunter since day 1, I can say that having to worry about Expertise doesn't bother me at all. There are many more ridiculous and humiliating stats they have made me gear for over the past eight years than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Truth.

Good ol' days of enchanting for int on weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Having played a Hunter since day 1, I can say that having to worry about Expertise doesn't bother me at all. There are many more ridiculous and humiliating stats they have made me gear for over the past eight years than that.
    PVE vs PVP. Most sane hunters aren't worried about PVE since the overall damage across classes is always relatively balanced. If you don't see the implications of expertise in PVP though, I feel you're either ignorant or a non-PVPer.

It was pretty much inevitable though, when they took away the minimum range. At that point we become melee (or can be) and being the only melee who didn't care about dodge / positioning would have made no sense. It's a trade off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hituro View Post
    It was pretty much inevitable though, when they took away the minimum range. At that point we become melee (or can be) and being the only melee who didn't care about dodge / positioning would have made no sense. It's a trade off.
    lol at positioning as a hunter. You really think I'm gonna go behind my target when he's running at me/casting at me?

Lol, so we don't need to stack some spell penetration (no longer exists) anymore for pvp due to dodgy mechanics to make sure some abilities actually land reliably, but we'll need to stack expertise instead to make sure ANY of our shots land

Progress my friends.

Progress.

I heard about the change a while back, but I found it was amusing nonetheless. Back in WotlK I ran a Naxx run after a break from WoW just after the expac was released, everyone got a headstart. I got a few items for free since the place was on farm; some of them were agi experitse items, it was a running gag in the guild for a while I was the melee hunter mascot.

How times change (:
    Last edited by Frazzle.d; 2012-05-10 at 09:11 AM.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

Well actually using Spell Pen is also for attacks like Chimera Shot since it's magical damage. But the worst was: for the whole Wotlk and the beginning of Cata, Spell Pen would actually NOT affect traps and so it was ONLY for attacks like Chimera/Arcane shot not to be affected by resistances. And most people didn't know that and would stack Spell Pen thinking about their trap but the mechanic was so clunky that it wouldn't affect traps and they could still be resisted. Which is why there was a talent (and that talent still exist although part of it is obviously useless) that would lower the chances your traps would be resisted.

So basically like you said they finally fixed traps being resisted but now all of our other attacks are gonna be dodged, yay!

Good. This solves one problem that expertise has, but the other is that kitties and bears will be as nearly unkillable anyways for us due to the obscene dodge rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Good. This solves one problem that expertise has, but the other is that kitties and bears will be as nearly unkillable anyways for us due to the obscene dodge rating.
    What problem does that solve? The only thing it does is that hunters and enhances can share gears... Which doesn't even matter for gear in pvp

I like how chimera shot does magic damage, but is immuned by BoP.

This has existed since 4.0.

This is an example of how little they care about hunter bugs.

/points at disengage..

The problem wasn't when rogues popped evasion, it was that rogues have a baseline 30% dodge WITHOUT evasion, and can dodge our concussives, nukes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The problem wasn't when rogues popped evasion, it was that rogues have a baseline 30% dodge WITHOUT evasion, and can dodge our concussives, nukes, etc.
    We did also with Aspect of the Dragonhawk! o wait, that was long gone.