Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    Haven't been keeping up with international soccer as i used to, but isn't the Barcelona like the soccer demi-gods right now? and the only capable team of bringing them down is the Real Madrid?
    Last time i asked a friend, he said that those 2 are in a whole level above the rest of the teams in europe.
    I'll put Bayern up there aswell but its kinda is like that since the english big ones are undergoing much needed generation changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

Deleted
    bayern imo is too robben and ribery dependend

Deleted
    Barça will win

But tbh Real Madrid is playing fairly well, they may get to the finals despite Mourinho being a dbag.

Just like to re-open this thread.

So we're in the final.
    Bet some of you are redfaced

Anything can happen in a game. We are slight underdogs, but you would be an idiot to say we don't have a chance now.

With Torres coming back into form and our most recent 6-1 win. I reckon we have a very good chance!

Deleted
    Chelsea did manage a slight miracle to beat Barcelona, but with all the suspensions in the final - AND the fact that the they're playing at Allianz Arena - I think Bayern will be lifting the trophy.

To call Chelsea "slight" underdogs is generous. You're big underdogs for this one to be honest. But anything can happen.

We were big underdogs against Barcelona and Napoli 2nd leg.

Some people seem to underestimate some of our key players.

Petr Cech - One of the best goalkeepers in the world along with Joe Hart and Neur possibly

Ashley Cole - Arguably the best LB in the world.

Frank Lampard - Our captain for the night. Our Legend. Getting old but still an influential and skillfull player (set up 2/3 of the goals against barcelona)

Dider Drogba - One of the most feared strikers in the world. Every defender in the world be nervous about coming against him

Fernando Torres - Getting back into form and as you know he was once a lethal weapon.

Juan Mata - Our young magician. Still learning, but puts in a damn load of assists.

and playing at home with only 17500 fans can be more of a pressure tbh.

You're also forgetting bayern are missing most of their back four.
    Last edited by Tommy T; 2012-05-01 at 06:15 PM.

Deleted
    Chelsea have a good chance to win it but losing Terry, Ivanovich and possibly Cahill from your defence could be to much, Ramires and to less of an extent Meireles is also a blow.

Bayern also have a few players out but they have the likes of V.Buyten and Rafinha to step in at the back, I think they have decent cover, its going to be a close game for me and it could go either way but if I had to choose a team id have to go with Bayern.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    You're also forgetting bayern are missing most of their back four.
    Bayern only have David Alaba, Holger Badstuber and Luiz Gustavo missing due to suspension, and only ONE of those players are part of the back four. I'm trying to find injury reports but I'm not seeing any major defenders missing due to injuries. So I don't know where that statement is coming from to be honest.

Bayern playing on their home pitch. Chelsea with multiple suspensions/injuries. Would be cool if they could win but I really cannot see anything other than a Bayern win. But then again ......... It is football. Wonder if Chelsea won if Di Matteo would then get a chance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Bayern only have David Alaba, Holger Badstuber and Luiz Gustavo missing due to suspension, and only ONE of those players are part of the back four. I'm trying to find injury reports but I'm not seeing any major defenders missing due to injuries. So I don't know where that statement is coming from to be honest.
    isent alaba playing left defender? or was atleast against real? With van buyten they got an expierienced defender to step in who played a key role in bayern for a couple of years. Not sure if theyre going with rafinha, i would guess that müller gets the chance for a more offensive minded game

They're all defenders of some sort though. LB, CB and CDM prominently.

I actually don't think it will matter much. Anyone chosen for the game will be good enough. As long as we have Luiz and Cahill fit I am confident we can win.
    If we show as much passion and spirit we did in the previous few games then we can beat any team in the world.

We won't be parking the bus this time round though. I expect Bayern to be prominent in attacking so defending is a must but I expect us to push up a bit and show some of our attacking talents.

To be honest, I think all yellow card suspensions should be discounted for the Champions League Final. It is the game of a footballers life. Too harsh imo. Too easy to get yellow cards now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Bayern are going to win. Even tho they got 3 players out, they are at home where they are really strong. I think Rafinha is going to take Alabas spot. Muller still being the offensive guy with behind Gomez, and then with Schwieni and Kross at the middel.
    Looking forward to the game, hopefully Bayern will win!
    FC Bayern ein leben lang!
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a United fan I will be supporting Chelsea in the final. At least the English club still in the competition isn't one of the scum.

Last time Bayern played an English team in a Champions League Final, they lost 2-1 in extra time ;]

Actually they won 2-1 in injury time not extra time

chelsea not scum? ROFL, what the hell are you talking about?

bayern to win 3-1. Calling it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Daine View Post
    Chelsea have a couple of half decent games after a few confidence builders against Championship teams, and now they're going to win the CL? Not a chance. They'll reach the semis, and then Barca will annihilate them - the Chelsea that stood up to them was considerably better than the current team, and shipped far fewer goals.

Can't see past an all Spanish final, and Real will probably win it.
    May I suggest some new glasses?

I realise when you posted this I would probably have said the same

We have a manager who knows how to respect and motivate the players now, that's why Chelsea will finally become champions of europe.

Quote Originally Posted by propriest View Post
    chelsea not scum? ROFL, what the hell are you talking about?

bayern to win 3-1. Calling it now.
    Haters gonna hate.

I really want to quote a whole lot of posts from the first page of this thread saying "Chelsea wont make it to the final" " Barcelona will make it to the final for sure" , but there will be way to many to quote.

Anyway, well played Chelsea !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crableg View Post
    I really want to quote a whole lot of posts from the first page of this thread saying "Chelsea wont make it to the final" " Barcelona will make it to the final for sure" , but there will be way to many to quote.

Anyway, well played Chelsea !
    Yeah I was probably one of those, fair play to Chelsea for making it to the final but who would of known Barcelona would of had 80% possession, Miss a penalty and about 10 decent chances and still not get through..Chelsea sure had the luck on their side that's for sure.

That's not a swipe at Chelsea btw, I couldn't care less who went through but yeah on another day Barcelona would of scored about 10 goals in those 2 games.