Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is being made for two reasons.

1. To sell toys
    2. So that people my age that grew up with it can bring their kids and introduce a new generation to inevitably.....see above.

Also expect a new cartoon series to debut before the films release....

oh.. what do you know... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenage...2_TV_series%29

Hmm... I have conflicting views on that tv series. Giving Donatello and Michaelangelo bladed weapons instead of the blunt ones (naginata and kusarigama, respectively) seems a rather needless change. And Jason Biggs and Sean Astin doing an animated show on Nickelodeon? Never would have expected that. Although, Rob Paulsen playing Donatello instead of Raphael will be different (personally don't care for Paulsen's voice).

And after looking at http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/0...lodeon-images/ it seems like they are keeping their blunt weapons afterall? And April looks like a little kid (preteen to young teen). Not sure about Splinter, but seeing Kraang makes me smile.

He better not touch My Little Pony!

10+ Year Old Account
    Michael Bay has ruined my childhood. It's gonna be a garbage movie, with crappy CGI, overblown action and effects that are too large and fast to even keep track of, and most likely an annoying cast of humans with some model that has no acting skills to play April and just there for Michael Bay to eye hump.

I am more pissed off at the 2 creators of TMNT though for even allowing this to happen, they should know better.

How the hell does Michael Bay still get to make movies ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Hmm... I have conflicting views on that tv series. Giving Donatello and Michaelangelo bladed weapons instead of the blunt ones (naginata and kusarigama, respectively) seems a rather needless change. And Jason Biggs and Sean Astin doing an animated show on Nickelodeon? Never would have expected that. Although, Rob Paulsen playing Donatello instead of Raphael will be different (personally don't care for Paulsen's voice).

And after looking at http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/0...lodeon-images/ it seems like they are keeping their blunt weapons afterall? And April looks like a little kid (preteen to young teen). Not sure about Splinter, but seeing Kraang makes me smile.
    Yuk...I hate this 3d fad just looks trashy, blocky and poorly made....seen few episodes of stuff like clone wars and green lantern but I still hate that style of animation. All the non turtles characters cept Splinter I guess look weird too. What ever happened to good old animation!

But I actually DO like the weapon changes.....still same essence of the old bo staff and nunchuks, but with blades attached to them they seem more lethal. Make alot more sense then purely wooden blunt weapons. And that link you sent has them using new weapons in the group pic, but the solo picks have their old weapons. I'd guess they plan to stick with the new weapons.

I just clicked that link. It appears they have officially Shut Down the Ninja Turtles reboot. They shut down all pre-production and are laying off all pre-production employee's. It was shut down due to "script problems" that caused fanboys to become angry. Looks like they have some sense about trying to turn them from turtles into aliens.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jailbuild View Post
    How the hell does Michael Bay still get to make movies ?
    Because his films make crap tonnes of cash. 7 out of 9 of the films he's made have grossed over 100 Million Dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    So apparently words spreading on twitter that Michael bay is remaking the Ninja turtles.

https://twitter.com/#!/search/%22Michael%20Bay%22

Apparently hes changing the original story plot that instead coming from the sewers, they come from space instead.

If he makes this, hes totally fucked up the child hood tv show!

Thoughts?

Additional Links:
    Michael bay Responds

Michael bay is "Sodamising" the legacy
    Not too sure of how much of a 'legacy' there is with the tmnt, I'll watch it though, just to see how he works in 63,487 explosions into the turtle world.

I keep watching his movies since he made 2003 Texas chainsaw and Armageddon, but since then....couple of the transformers were ok, just hoping one day he'll return to greatness.
    Last edited by Dazzy; 2012-06-17 at 08:37 PM.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Please someone for the love of all kittenz, stop this film from being made. No really i have a feeling that it will end up a CGI filled, Z-movie script with some turd of a B-movie actor as the main character.

For all those saying that it might be OK i will leave you with this:

PLEASE NO, do not ruin another awesome childhood memory.

Nooooo no the turtles! Death to m. Bay! T_t

10+ Year Old Account
    Teenage ALIEN turtles... God i hope this gets cancelled...

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Teenage ALIEN turtles... God i hope this gets cancelled...
    Most people read these and think they know the story. For one they were juggling ideas. Also the OOZE is the ONLY Alien thing.. Which would work.. Honestly TMNT needs a fresh start. I mean we all know the classics but something more up to date with Technology could do good. As long as it doesnt butcher the story line entirely.. I mean if any of you were a fan of the Spider Man movies you shouldn't be posting here AT ALL....
    Intel i7 950 @ 3.7ghz
    6GB G.Skill Trident Triple Channel RAM
    ATI HD 5770 x 2 CrossfireX
    750GB HDD
    160GB SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    FFVI > FFVII

Quote Originally Posted by Entaaro View Post
    I think you underestimate the capacity of your brain to process information quickly - but maybe with good reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ATTHEREADY View Post
    There is a god, thank heavens this is good news. I was going to come on here an announce it as I only just heard about it today.So happy. I like my turtles from the sewers not from space...