Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Unhappy Where can I buy Guild Wars 2?

Hey there.

I have a question about the pre-purchase... physicaly...

I looked already around the forums and so but didn't really find anything..
    (&sorry if there may be something and I didn't see it.. :x )

Where can I see in which stores I am able to buy it ? (Talking about the Standard Edition)
    Atleast a little clue where...
    I heard something about GameStop, I called there and they just said that they dunno anything from it, only that on may or so there comes something out.
    I sent already a mail to ANet but I get no reply.

I hope somebody could maybe help me... :x
    Oh and I'm from Germany&live in a city.

Thanks for the attention&for nice help.

PS.: Srry if my english might be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by angelxjessy View Post
    Hey there.

Where can I see in which stores I am able to buy it ?
    I heard something about GameStop, I called there and they just said that they dunno anything from it, only that on may or so there comes something out.

buy.guildwars2.com
    Pre-purchases become available on the 10th of april from the official site.

List of other Retailers has yet to be given out yet, though ANet has said recently on twitter that a list should be available before the 10th of April

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    buy.guildwars2.com
    But if you want a box, you'll need a brick and mortar retailer.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Deleted
    buy.guildwars2.com
    I know it already, thats why I called there ... to ask if they know anything from the per-order on 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by BlairPhoenix View Post
    List of other Retailers has yet to be given out yet, though ANet has said recently on twitter that a list should be available before the 10th of April
    I see, then I will look sometimes in twitter.

Thanks for the fast replys!

10+ Year Old Account
    You can check FAQ for good information about pre-purchase.
    Can't post links yet:

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-gam...q/#forty-three
    Last edited by archaea; 2012-03-21 at 01:31 AM.

Deleted
    I hope it comes out on steam although i doubt it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticroots View Post
    I hope it comes out on steam although i doubt it
    I wouldn't put it out of the equation. I mean the original trilogy and expansion are already on there so there is a chance it'll be on there with Digital Deluxe and regular.

Quote Originally Posted by Avuun View Post
    I wouldn't put it out of the equation. I mean the original trilogy and expansion are already on there so there is a chance it'll be on there with Digital Deluxe and regular.
    Indeed, let's hope Arenanet doesn't pull a blizzard/EA.

I don't see why they wouldn't allow Steam to sell it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I don't see why they wouldn't allow Steam to sell it.
    Steam changed there policy recently about the price they make on game sales (and DLC) so some publishers don't like losing profits when they can just sell it on there own (EA) and with guild wars not having subscriptions apart from micro transactions the bulk of there income will come from the actual units sold, so if steam are taking a chunk out of this profit the ANet might say "hell to that"

Quote Originally Posted by mysticroots View Post
    Steam changed there policy recently about the price they make on game sales (and DLC) so some publishers don't like losing profits when they can just sell it on there own (EA) and with guild wars not having subscriptions apart from micro transactions the bulk of there income will come from the actual units sold, so if steam are taking a chunk out of this profit the ANet might say "hell to that"
    Can't blame game developers for steam changing their policy causing them to lose money...

Expecially for a game such as GW2 who will have to live from actual game sales and the micro transations. I don't get why steam changed it, werent they making enough money in the first place? I'd even buy it from steam if they add 5 euros ontop of the initial game cost, so they both have their share..
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Hey there.

Where can I see in which stores I am able to buy it ? (Talking about the Standard Edition)

As far as which stores you will be able to pre purchase a physical copy they have not stated which stores will be set up properly. As for gamestop, its highly likely they will intentionally balls up your order and count it as a pre order rather then pre purchase to bolster their pre order numbers and end up screwing you over on the pre purchase bonus. Heck I went into one the other day for shits and giggles and asked the clerk about the pre purchase and he didn't even know there is a difference between pre purchase and pre order and then tried telling me that they had exclusive pre order bonuses for the game to try to make me pre order... So unless Anet says Gamestop is one set up for pre purchase and you make sure they do it right I would try to avoid buying from them, places like Walmart/Target/Bestbuy/etc do not try to force pre orders from their employees and so are less likely to intentionally screw up your pre purchase to being an pre order instead, so if Anet says any of them will do it I would suggest them over Gamestop just to be safe.

Nothing against Gamestop (ok many things against them but not in this point, so anything against their corporation business model aside), but getting a pre purchase from a place that doesn't keep pre order data amongst their employees is probably a safer bet then one where they may just defaultly do pre order since that is what they do all day normally and pre purchase is very rare and so higher risk of even accidentally not getting beta access and 3 day early access just because its easy to accidentally do pre order instead of pre purchase when you do pre orders all day long.

Edit:
    buy.guildwars2.com
    Yes you can and that is where I will get my copy, but he specifically asked for physical copy and not digital and their site is digital copies only. My guess is he will probably want to install it on his/her desktop, his/her laptop, and his/her (girl/boy)friends or wife/husbands laptop/desktop and does not want to have to download the full game 5x over and so buying a physical copy at least helps with initial download amounts even if there are day one patches.

Odds are it will not make a difference since the beta client will probably be patchable to the full version prior to release and so if you play any of the beta events you will not have much extra to download anyways, but then again some people really like having a box for certain things. So there are two perfectly viable reasons to get a physical copy.
    Last edited by Hockeyhacker; 2012-03-20 at 09:10 PM.

on may or so there comes something out.
    Am I the only one that noticed this?

Over on Guru there have been some people saying that various websites and stores/distributors have been saying that the game will release in May. Now yet another store that the OP contacted.

Weird.

Deleted
    i am just hoping 1 of our shops in the Netherlands will be having a prepurchase option. As i am doubting digital we can get anything without a creditcard =,/

Deleted
    Probably any big games store like GAME, Gamestop, EB Games and so on. Oh, and Anet doesn't answer to normal mail. If you want to come in contact with them you'll have to go through carrier pigeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bep-Shandris View Post
    Am I the only one that noticed this?

Over on Guru there have been some people saying that various websites and stores/distributors have been saying that the game will release in May. Now yet another store that the OP contacted.

Weird.
    ya... take any release dates stated by any store/website with a mouthful or two of salt. Frequently they need some form of estimated release date to enter into their systems to alow them to take preorders. If the game developer will not provide a release date the stores just make one up. Anet has been amendment about not even hinting at a release window till they are sure they can hit it. Till they tell us a date any one provided on any store/website other than theirs is at best an educated guess and at worst was generated by a calendar and a dart.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    Might as well ask my question here.

So... Do I get this right? If I want to have a 3-day headstart, instead of 1-day, I have to preorder/purchase from the NCSoft Website , correct?

Since I do not owe a credit card and made some bad experiences with PayPal I was looking at the paysafecard thingy (tbh i never heard of that before).
    How do I do that? Can I just go to a shop that sells these cards and get one for 50€ and one for 25€ so i can buy the DD Version of the Game for 74.99€? Or are there some kind of taxes etc. I need to consider in the price so I actually need more than 75€ in paysafecard currency?

Hope you guys can clarify this for me.

Wait a bit, they will have a list of authorized dealers that you can preorder or prepurchase from.

The list of participating retailers isn't out yet, as you said, watch twitter or the GW2 blog for that, likely the week of the 10th.

The only retailer I have seen that was mentioned to NOT buy from is Amazon since they do not do pre-purchase, only pre order. I do not think it must be from NCsoft but will need to be from one of the participating retailers.
    Last edited by Mmoplayer111; 2012-03-21 at 07:25 AM.