Page 1 of 596
... LastLast

[Megathread] Destiny

On February 17th the game will be revealed. Visit Bungieto read more about it.

Its their new IP that will be released for Pc and Next gen gaming. It will be MMO game that takes place on the future of our planet Earth. Years after exploring the space humans are now pushed back to Earth and there the action will take place.

On another guess, could this be Titan? Blizzard passed the development to Bungie or Co develops it?
    | Lenovo Legion5 17ACH6H | i7 8700K @ 4.7 GhZ| ASUS Rog Strix Z370-F GAMING | 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600MHz | 2 x Acer 27" Predator XB271HU | Fractal Design Meshify C | Master MasterLiquid ML360R WaterCooling | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | Samsung 980 PRO M.2 1Tb | Asus RTX 2070 | EVGA 650W GQ | Steelseries Rival | Logitech G815 | Playstation 5 | Xbox Series X | Nintendo Switch

10+ Year Old Account
    No mention of the ARG, really?

Here's the page http://alphalupi.bungie.net/

I'll let you investigate what has been going on for the past two days yourself.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Weird. Thanks for that link Void.

I got in... kind of creepy. Seems like it might be an alien invasion thing? Seems like they are referring a SETI-like... hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Sony View Post
    On another guess, could this be Titan? Blizzard passed the development to Bungie or Co develops it?
    Blizzard and Bungie merged to become Blungie.

On a semi-serious note, isn't this the plot of Halo 2/3?...
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Meh... 99% sure it's gonna be some next xbox exclusive, which renders it useless to me... PC or gtfo.

It won't be they specifically left Microsoft because they didn't want to keep making exclusives and being stuck making Halo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    No mention of the ARG, really?

Here's the page http://alphalupi.bungie.net/

I'll let you investigate what has been going on for the past two days yourself.

Oh wow, what an useless site.

Today it's the top 2 + bottom and it shows nothing. just these:
    http://alphalupi.bungie.net/data/27373937/geomask.png
    http://alphalupi.bungie.net/data/27373937/output.png

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalliah View Post
    It's an MMO so I doubt it's going to be an Xbox exclusive.
    Dust 514 is an PS3 exclusive mmo

another mmo?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    Dust 514 is an PS3 exclusive mmo
    Not an MMO really though, unless the scale of battles is about as big as Planetside 2 (in which cases I will totally agree it is an MMO, I just don't know much about dust), it is just another multiplayer FPS, but then with specific named areas, which just happen to be connected to a different game, and influence that game. It is linked to an MMO, but calling it an MMO, hmm.

Also it is important to keep in mind the difference between any kind of MMO, and MMORPG specifically, which is what most people tend to refer to when they say "MMO" nowadays, but still, the fact that something is multiplayer and online, doesn't mean it's an MMO. Officially Dust 514 is not called an MMO anyways, so yeah. Although I would agree that "MMO" games don't necesarily need to be limited to PC, but the current console hardware is definitely holding back the scale of multiplayer that console games can support.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

It may be more along the lines of a firefall or it could be a planetside 2. Planetside 2 is really popular so making a game like it will definitely attract a crowd. I think this could have somthing to do with titan tho since blizz and bungie were supposed to be working on somthing together in the past.

Heres more about Destiny.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ection-to-work

Also note, there will be no offline mode. Always online connection required as its online world (mmo-based style) . Seems the future will be online 24/7 .

Also, these below Gif is the all ''in-game''? put together

http://i.minus.com/i453Akh2M1xRa.gif
    | Lenovo Legion5 17ACH6H | i7 8700K @ 4.7 GhZ| ASUS Rog Strix Z370-F GAMING | 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600MHz | 2 x Acer 27" Predator XB271HU | Fractal Design Meshify C | Master MasterLiquid ML360R WaterCooling | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | Samsung 980 PRO M.2 1Tb | Asus RTX 2070 | EVGA 650W GQ | Steelseries Rival | Logitech G815 | Playstation 5 | Xbox Series X | Nintendo Switch

Game is confirmed for 360 and PS3. So... As it stands right now I won't be getting this.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they release this on PC too. It would be a shame if they didn't.

In any case, it will be interesting to see how this plays out. They keep talking about how "new" and "different" it's gonna be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Game is confirmed for 360 and PS3. So... As it stands right now I won't be getting this.
    Also for the next gen, and since we havent seen or confirmed anything from Sony or MS, my guess is Bungie can only wait to reveal any footage of the next gen version. Also, i think they want to save more of the big news at E3.

But the main question here is when it comes to Xbox owners like me. Since this game requires online connection, that means Xbox Live gold membership is a must, or i think it will require gold . Now i dont care about current X360, but if MS will move along same to include gold members ship into the next Gen, i will probably get me Ps4 instead.
    Last edited by Sorraxe; 2013-02-17 at 07:14 PM.

Deleted
    It looks interesting they even mentioned raids and group content at the conference. This could be brilliant for console owners, I cant wait to see more information.

Knowing Bungie, this game will simply rock.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to be another person to join this bandwagon, but no PC version is a huge turn off and might potentially be a solid no from me. I love console games, but I can't imagine playing an online shooter on one. I prefer to be at my PC for comfort, easy keyboard communication, etc.

Soooo.... it looks like Bungie got tired of waiting for Titan... so they made it themselves.

It's not Titan actually. But it occupies the same niche in Activision's product line.

There's probably some pretty unhappy people Blizzard Entertainment today.