Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    How will this affect World vs World PVP?

There has been speculation on many forums, that are saying the gem system will allow players to purchase seige weapons in WvW PVP and gain an advantage. This is completely wrong. Players purchase the 'blue prints' for seige weapons for a small gold fee. Players then have to collect something called 'supply' from around the world and use these funds to build the seige weapons. Everyone will earn gold, from playing Guild Wars 2 regardless and this will be more than enough - to pay for the small costs of 'blue prints'. So again, let me state, gems will in no way affect WvW PVP.
    From http://www.thetyrianorder.com/home/m...article/638922

Awesome post, thanks for putting all that information and images together. Hopefully this should help to convince the doom and gloomers there is no cause for concern!

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    As it's only for WvWvW can't seeing it a big deal. I doubt I'll be a member of that many guilds on my home server that will care about pvp to such an extant that it will make an issue. I only see hardcore pvp guilds making it a requirement, and can't see belonging to more than 1.

Alliances will certainly use it to their advantage though, spread member guilds or whatever across forts to get bonuses.
    I believe Influence isn't only useful for PvP

Also no alliance upon release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post

No alliance? what is this alliance pm me.

---------- Post added 2012-03-21 at 09:16 PM ----------

That video did not show any pvp items it was beer from the guild vendor. Am i missing something?

Anyone notice that it goes blue green etc etc so blue is the low level color?
    Last edited by Kouki; 2012-03-21 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Ah i see now.

Deleted
    Why would you spend money on WvW anyways?
    It's already very unbalanced, so paying for extra buffs will not guarantee that your server will win.
    It will only improve your odds by a marginal amount.

The only time I could see it work is at the beginning of a match, since the amount of buffs increase over time.
    Although, as I see it atm, a good defence strategy will do more for you then a +40 buff.

15+ Year Old Account
    If it hasn't been pointed out I will say that researching can be instant aswell. You can pay I think it was 1100% of something and get it directly. First 100% for the actual start of the research than 250% of the price to speed it up by 25% of the total, meaning 4 speedup for instant. Something costing 200 Influence can be gotten instantly by paying 2200 Influence.

And you are worried about getting the boost at only your fort when you even mention that the boost is for all allies near the fort. What about all other guilds that control forts in the area? You think they don't want the boost for their own fort? I believe that if any guild capture a fort they will want to upgrade it, otherwise they probably wouldn't have captured it to begin with and let someone else take it. If they don't they basicly help the enemy take it back that much quicker. In the end putting the server at a lower overall rank for the next match.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    If it hasn't been pointed out I will say that researching can be instant aswell. You can pay I think it was 1100% of something and get it directly. First 100% for the actual start of the research than 250% of the price to speed it up by 25% of the total, meaning 4 speedup for instant. Something costing 200 Influence can be gotten instantly by paying 2200 Influence.
    source please?

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    source please?
    Maybe in this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi6GAbVATOA, the very first window that shows gain/spent influence. Near the bottom it shows "John Ryan queued +10% PvP Influence for 3 days." which costs 100 influence same as the wiki. In the time since that was queued to completion is around 6-7 hours from being sped up multiple times.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tithonus View Post
    Maybe in this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi6GAbVATOA, the very first window that shows gain/spent influence. Near the bottom it shows "John Ryan queued +10% PvP Influence for 3 days." which costs 100 influence same as the wiki. In the time since that was queued to completion is around 6-7 hours from being sped up multiple times.
    Yepp this video. At 0:43 you see that the Guild Armorer Contract costs 500 Influence to start and at 1:11 you see he can speed up 25% for 1250 Influence which is 250% of 500.
    Last edited by Spl4sh3r; 2012-03-21 at 11:14 PM.

to speed it up by 25% of the total, meaning 4 speedup for instant.
    Interesting. I can't see this. What I see:

24 hours -25% = 18 hours
    18 h -25% = 13,5 h
    13,5 - 25% = 10,12 h
    10,12 -25% = 7,59 h
    7,59 - 25% = 5,7

btw. where can you see that you can speed up the queue-process more than once? hmm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Interesting. I can't see this. What I see:

24 hours -25% = 18 hours
    18 h -25% = 13,5 h
    13,5 - 25% = 10,12 h
    10,12 -25% = 7,59 h
    7,59 - 25% = 5,7

btw. where can you see that you can speed up the queue-process more than once? hmm.
    I actually saw that part in another video, where he clicked and finished it. Can't remember what video it was though. I know though that it didn't cost exactly 1000% for him since it had been researching for sometime. It was more like 250%, 250%, 250% and 140%.

Just checked through the video again. If you look at 0:21 you see Mike Kerstein queue'd up a +10% Influence in PvP 7 hours ago, then few hours later he sped it up 4 times and it finished. First three cost 250 Influence each (putting the research cost at 100 to queue) and the last at 141 Influence meaning 141% and then it was finished. Also like I said the speedup is 25% of the original time, not 25% of current time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post

I was talking specifically about the items for WvWvW that give a bonus to ppl in the forts I thought that's what mif was talking about...seemed to be.

And yh...I don't mean alliances in the GW1 sense......but there's bound to be unofficial guild alliances for those taking WvWvW seriously.

Here's a good visual guide to currencies in GW2...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Here's a good visual guide to currencies in GW2...

<snip>
    Not sure that helps anything, since this discussion is about Influence which isn't even on that picture.

Just checked through the video again. If you look at 0:21 you see Mike Kerstein queue'd up a +10% Influence in PvP 7 hours ago, then few hours later he sped it up 4 times and it finished. First three cost 250 Influence each (putting the research cost at 100 to queue) and the last at 141 Influence meaning 141% and then it was finished. Also like I said the speedup is 25% of the original time, not 25% of current time.
    nice find!
    so my point still stands: the guild will have to pay more than 2g (lets say 20g)... not much for this 100-member guild. Forts are supposed to be defended by big groups anyway, aren't they?

And you are worried about getting the boost at only your fort when you even mention that the boost is for all allies near the fort. What about all other guilds that control forts in the area? You think they don't want the boost for their own fort? I believe that if any guild capture a fort they will want to upgrade it, otherwise they probably wouldn't have captured it to begin with and let someone else take it. If they don't they basicly help the enemy take it back that much quicker. In the end putting the server at a lower overall rank for the next match.
    hm having a hard time understanding what you are trying to say

---------- Post added 2012-03-22 at 01:01 PM ----------

take a look again on how fast you will gain influence (with only playing the game)

you will even get a nice amount of influence by only logging in (see green marker on picture)

Quote Originally Posted by Mif
    I wonder how that is going to work with being in multiple guilds but only representing one at a time. Potential social drama?
    If you want to own a fort, you should better be in a guild which dedicates to WvW-fort-defence. But guys who dedicate to something like this will be rewarded in a nice way (they may show their guild-banners and controll the upgrades of a fort), it still doesn't lower the experience you get from being in an other, perhaps smaller guild.

You can be in a small guild and still defend a fort which is owned by this big WvW guild. You won't have much to say in how the resources are spent but you will get all the bonusses from the upgrades if you are close to the fort. You will be allowed to use the defence-structures and help them build the siegemachines, upgrades etc. with your supply since you are on the same side as the WvW guild. It's about playing together. Everyone matters, not only guildies.

I see nothing which lowers my fun.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2012-03-22 at 01:43 PM.