[Bear] Feral druid question about trinkets and some more stuff...

Ok, I was moonkin all my life as druid and just recently asked to tank. Since I never played as a tank, only did some random dungeons but never raid i had to figure it out fast, and in few weeks i'v been tanking i got the pretty good at it, not the best but well... I tanked 8/8 as main tank and some 2 HCs. Also my gear is not that good, only 390ilvl...Now the question part.

Atm im using stamina trinket combo Indomitable Pride + Soulshifter Vortex, all normal versions. But in my bags i have lfr versions of Wrath of Unchaining and Vial of Shadows. so what is best combo to use or it depends of a boss?

Also here http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...agoness/simple to armory, could you please tell me what to reforge and should i respec,

thanks

You need the basic spec 32/9.Change Stampede , Brutal impact and Feral agression. Max king of the jungle , add Perseverance 3 points and add Nurturing Instinct.

Change Glyph of Thorns for Glyph of Barskin or glyph of frenzied regeneration

Change reforge head for doge , you dont need expertise cap, and gear have a lot of expertise atm.

trinkets depends of damage fight.If you have a lot of magical damage, use stamian trinkets, if physical , use agility trinket + stamina trinket (Vial of the shadows if only for dps ).

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    glyph of barkskin is a pvp glyph and should not be used for tanking.

You should be taking both Stampede (at least 1 point) and Blood in the Water (2 points) if you plan on taking advantage of cat form (Hint: You should) and want to utilize the cat portion of your Tier 13 bonuses.

Ideal candidates for moving points out of (ranked approximately in order of usefulness, least to most):
    Brutal Impact, Feral Aggression, Infected Wounds, Fury Swipes

Note that you must have someone else applying the attack speed debuff to whatever you're tanking if you want to take points out of Infected Wounds. Most of the time this would be your other tank or any sort of DK. Also worth noting that you should never take 1/2 Infected Wounds.

This is the talent spec I would tend to use for any encounter where I'm Bearcatting (all of them unless I'm tanking the 1 tank fights, and even then there's still room to go cat a lot of times, but there's some personal preference on if you want to bother), and this is the spec I would use for pure tanking. Notice the glyphs are different.

Wrath of Unchaining is incredibly strong; you probably want to use it on every encounter. The "stam on magic fights, agi on physical fights" bit has some truth to it, but it doesn't really work out that way on every Dragon Soul encounter. Indomitable Pride's strength is mostly in situations where you're expecting spike physical damage, such as Amalg Tank on Spine (you should be using the Mirror from Baradin Hold rep for spike magical damage). Vial isn't particularly amazing for progression as a bear. You'd want to use it if survivability isn't much of a concern for a particular encounter and/or DPS is a concern (Ultraxion or farm content). I'm not really a fan of Soulshifter Vortex myself, although it is one of the easiest to access trinkets in regards to heroic drops so it's got that going for itself. As mentioned, the Mirror is very potent on heavy magic encounters and I'd highly recommend picking one up.

For reforges, stat priority is Dodge > Mastery > Crit = Exp (to 26) > Hit = Exp (past 26) > Haste.
    If you plan on doing a lot of tanking and not much shredding faces, then reforging your worst stat to dodge is the way to go. For a DPS heavy tanking style, you can follow the reforge priority listed above, but ignoring dodge. This will yield fairly comparable survivability but increased damage in cat form.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2012-03-20 at 09:49 AM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by davidrm15 View Post
    You need the basic spec 32/9.Change Stampede , Brutal impact and Feral agression. Max king of the jungle , add Perseverance 3 points and add Nurturing Instinct.

Change Glyph of Thorns for Glyph of Barskin or glyph of frenzied regeneration

Change reforge head for doge , you dont need expertise cap, and gear have a lot of expertise atm.

trinkets depends of damage fight.If you have a lot of magical damage, use stamian trinkets, if physical , use agility trinket + stamina trinket (Vial of the shadows if only for dps ).
    You should change your specc to this, however glyph of barkskin is useless and personally i find the 4pc bonus more useful without the glyph of frenzied regeneration, so i wouldn't change your glyphs around at all.

For most fights, Wrath of Unchaining and Soulshifter Vortex would be your BiS. Dual stamina trinkets on Yor'sahj HC might be a good idea though. On fights where you don't take alot of damage and tank DPS is a factor, you can use Wrath of Unchaining and Vial of Shadows, I personally use VoS for ultraxion HC.

Imo Wrath of the Unchaining + some stam trinket. Best one would be the one with mastery proc.

Also i lol'ed, glyph of barkskin for tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Clevemire View Post
    and personally i find the 4pc bonus more useful without the glyph of frenzied regeneration
    This depends a lot on the encounter. Unglyphed is very strong to circumvent purple debuff on Yorsahj, but in general, your healers will find more use out of it glyphed.

Looking pretty good so far, although you might wanna get some more mastery. Your stat priority is Agility > Stamina > Dodge > Mastery > Expertise (26) => Crit > Hit Rating > Haste. Pretty much, on any gear without Dodge, reforge the weakest stat into Dodge. Do this on as much gear as you can. Also, on any gear with Dodge, but without Mastery, reforge the weakest stat into Mastery.
    Try noxxic.com for more help, it certainly helped me
    Last edited by Meldayi; 2012-03-20 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Fixed an error

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    You should be taking both Stampede (at least 1 point) and Blood in the Water (2 points) if you plan on taking advantage of cat form (Hint: You should) and want to utilize the cat portion of your Tier 13 bonuses.

Ideal candidates for moving points out of (ranked approximately in order of usefulness, least to most):
    Brutal Impact, Feral Aggression, Infected Wounds, Fury Swipes

Note that you must have someone else applying the attack speed debuff to whatever you're tanking if you want to take points out of Infected Wounds. Most of the time this would be your other tank or any sort of DK. Also worth noting that you should never take 1/2 Infected Wounds.

This is the talent spec I would tend to use for any encounter where I'm Bearcatting (all of them unless I'm tanking the 1 tank fights, and even then there's still room to go cat a lot of times, but there's some personal preference on if you want to bother), and this is the spec I would use for pure tanking. Notice the glyphs are different.

Wrath of Unchaining is incredibly strong; you probably want to use it on every encounter. The "stam on magic fights, agi on physical fights" bit has some truth to it, but it doesn't really work out that way on every Dragon Soul encounter. Indomitable Pride's strength is mostly in situations where you're expecting spike physical damage, such as Amalg Tank on Spine (you should be using the Mirror from Baradin Hold rep for spike magical damage). Vial isn't particularly amazing for progression as a bear. You'd want to use it if survivability isn't much of a concern for a particular encounter and/or DPS is a concern (Ultraxion or farm content). I'm not really a fan of Soulshifter Vortex myself, although it is one of the easiest to access trinkets in regards to heroic drops so it's got that going for itself. As mentioned, the Mirror is very potent on heavy magic encounters and I'd highly recommend picking one up.

For reforges, stat priority is Dodge > Mastery > Crit = Exp (to 26) > Hit = Exp (past 26) > Haste.
    If you plan on doing a lot of tanking and not much shredding faces, then reforging your worst stat to dodge is the way to go. For a DPS heavy tanking style, you can follow the reforge priority listed above, but ignoring dodge. This will yield fairly comparable survivability but increased damage in cat form.
    Thanks for the time you took to answer, it is much appreciated.

I dont have the slightest idea what do to as kitty, i know it would be helpful especially on that ooze HC boss when u get 2xadds but i really dont know anything about that spec.

I see you took glyph of Frenzied Regeneration, if i take that glyph that will make my 4xset bonus usless, right? The healing part when I heal all the raid?

Ok so i should use WoU even if its lfr version? And should i also use that dodge stacking trinket? Or is there some point where stacking dodge is a bad idea?

Ok i get that part with dodge, and i know i lack mastery, but I dont understand Crit = Exp (to 26) > Hit = Exp (past 26) > Haste.. You are saying that i need to have at least 26 exp? What about hit, should i try to get some decent number or not?

---------- Post added 2012-03-20 at 01:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Clevemire View Post
    You should change your specc to this, however glyph of barkskin is useless and personally i find the 4pc bonus more useful without the glyph of frenzied regeneration, so i wouldn't change your glyphs around at all.

For most fights, Wrath of Unchaining and Soulshifter Vortex would be your BiS. Dual stamina trinkets on Yor'sahj HC might be a good idea though. On fights where you don't take alot of damage and tank DPS is a factor, you can use Wrath of Unchaining and Vial of Shadows, I personally use VoS for ultraxion HC.
    Thanks.

I wondered is VoS any good and also wondered if its good to us on Yor'sahj HC? Why i think it will help is coz of the proc. So keep one stamina trinket and use VoS, sometimes aoe dps is a bit low and when u get 2x red+yellow+black combo can hurt a lot and wipe you.

Also does Nurturing Instinct effects Frenzied Regeneration? I know using it is not a healing spell but it does heal you, unless you have a glyph. But i might be wrong.
    Last edited by markos82; 2012-03-20 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meldayi View Post
    Looking pretty good so far, although you might wanna get some more mastery. Your stat priority is Agility > Stamina > Dodge > Mastery > Expertise (26) => Crit > Hit Rating > Haste. Pretty much, on any gear without Dodge, reforge the weakest stat into Dodge. Do this on as much gear as you can. Also, on any gear with Dodge, but without Mastery, reforge the weakest stat into Mastery.
    Try noxxic.com for more help, it certainly helped me
    This is wrong.
    Your stat priority is (with t13 2p bonus):
    Agility > Mastery > Dodge > Crit > Stamina > Exp > Hit > Haste
    Reforge everything without mastery to mastery and everythign with mastery to dodge (waskest stats ofc).

Im not using Regen glyph and 4p bonus heals the raid.
    Dont use dodge stackign trinket imo. Id rather use Vortex if u want more stamina or Matrix if u want more agi. In addition to WoU ofc.

And no u dont need 26 Exp, its last stat besides hit and haste.
    Last edited by Velthy; 2012-03-20 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    glyph of barkskin is a pvp glyph and should not be used for tanking.
    Sorry , i dont know why write that :P .Use glyph of faire fire ( glyph of feral charge is good if you have stampeade , but you dont need that)
    Last edited by davidrm15; 2012-03-20 at 02:27 PM.

Since there seems to be a lot of misinformation flying around in here.....

@OP: Use LFR Wrath + Indom. You need a Mirror of Broken Images for Yor'Sahj, so get that too. Spec is fine. You need to be switching Glyph of Frenzied Regeneration in and out on a fight-by-fight basis, depending on what your healers want (at least for Heroic modes). Although you will definitely glyph it for both Ultraxion and Madness. Otherwise your glyphs are fine.

Wearing Moonkin gear, so I can't comment on that.

Dodge > Mastery > Crit = Exp (to 26) > Hit = Exp (past 26) > Haste.
    This is the correct stat priority for heroic modes.

noxxic.com
    Noxxic used to be freaking terrible, but they've gotten better as time has gone on. I still wouldn't trust them even remotely for major functionality changes such as MoP.

Ok i get that part with dodge, and i know i lack mastery, but I dont understand Crit = Exp (to 26) > Hit = Exp (past 26) > Haste.. You are saying that i need to have at least 26 exp? What about hit, should i try to get some decent number or not?
    Not exactly. They are saying that the value of Expertise decreases after you get 26 of it. Once you have 26, any additional Expertise is worth less than Hit in terms of mitigation value. Since you must go over this 26 value with all Best-in-Slot gear (even when reforging out of Expertise) it's not something you actively have to pay attention to.

Also does Nurturing Instinct effects Frenzied Regeneration? I know using it is not a healing spell but it does heal you, unless you have a glyph. But i might be wrong.
    It does not.

Agility > Mastery > Dodge > Crit > Stamina > Exp > Hit > Haste
    I lol'ed.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    I see you took glyph of Frenzied Regeneration, if i take that glyph that will make my 4xset bonus usless, right? The healing part when I heal all the raid?
    The glyph changes both how it works on your self and how it works on the raid when you have 4pT13. Here's a breakdown:
    - Your party and raid members HP is increased by 15% of your max HP at the time of activating the ability. This is regardless of if you chose to glyph or not to glyph.
    - Unglyphed, your party and raid members are healed for 0.75% of the your max HP per second. Unlike the max HP bonus, this value will increase or decrease if you gain or lose max HP during it's duration.
    - Glyphed, your party and raid members receive 30% more healing for the duration of the ability.

Glyphing vs Not Glyphing is tradeoff that should be reconsidered on a fight per fight basis. You should ask your healers, but as Katarn said you want to make sure it's glyphed for Madness and Ultraxion, and not glyphed for Yor'sahj.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    It text form, it means that Dodge is better than Mastery which is better than Crit which is equal to Expertise (until you have 26 expertise) which is better than Hit which is equal to Expertise (when you have more than 26 expertise) which is better than Haste.

So basically, you should be looking for gear without hit and haste if you can. Reforge your worst stat on each piece to dodge.

i use vial of shadows a lot when i am tanking it's pretty amazing for added dps as a bear tank since it scales off of attack power and you have a fuck ton of it with full vengeance stacked; the proc may not do anything for survival but if your raids a little low on dps i think its worth the loss of a survival related proc. Bears can do some sick damage for a tank; i can easily hit 25-30k consistently on a single target fight.