H Spine - Add Management Questions

Hey peeps,
    Demo lock here with a couple questions I havent been able to confirm regarding the H Spine encounter. My group is consistently pushing to start of 3rd tendon but keep getting overwhelmed by bloods very shortly after. I'm looking for ways to assist our Feral blood tank stay alive which led me here.

First question: Has anyone tried spec'ing into 2/2 Aura of Foreboding? I've been focusing on tendon & amalg dps and haven't had a good opp to test this. Ive heard roots dont work on bloods but stuns like shadowfuy do, and tooltip for aura specifically says it "stuns." Note*- We do have ret pally using his Holy Wrath.

2: Do slows like Glyphed* Shadowflame work? I understand that near the end you dont want too much dps on bloods but this would no doubt help a lot w/ kiting.

3. Would I be better off pairing MWC with H CoC instead of MWC+Normal WoU? Stemming off the last question I understand there are good & bad times to dps bloods. I was curious if H CoC is rly worth using over WoU. Note*- Our tendon dps is already good, we usually push each 1st lift to about 35-40% hence using MWC and not VP trinket, big burn up front then small burn to finish it off

Any input would be very much appreciated & thanks for reading
    Last edited by LockEmBoppers; 2012-03-21 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Thread title

Deleted
    Shadowflame is a bad idea, especially if you are on 10 man where the bloods die 10 times as easily. They will get raped badly, and CoC would therefor also be a pretty bad idea on 10 man, unless you are assigned to kill them at all times. On 10 man you can do tactics where you aoe the bloods before you barrel roll and let the amalgamations soak up the bloods before they fly off, this should allow you to full time tank them on the last tendon if done properly. Will need some raid cd's while you roll to survive though! That's my best suggestion if its all about the bloods killing you right now.

Thanks for the reply spark. It is in fact 10man & we do clean up between 1st & 2nd plate but have ran into a lot of issues trying to clean before 3rd plate with debuffs and pot damage. I've been trying to use shadowflame only when necessary like getting amalg down faster but thanks for clearing that up. Any thoughts on spec'ing for Aura of foreboding?