Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Incase you've missed it - Terrorists train with Call of Duty

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...n-attacks.html

I suppose that explains why they're such noobs.
    Reckon we'll get taliban that start talking leetspeak?

Call of Duty addicts can even join "clans" — groups who regularly play together.

Dumbest Thread 2012

Is that author...serious?

To be honest it is only smart to use software to train team operations and situations. IF they are using games (I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT), it would be solely because they haven't developed a more suitable software.

And no, I haven't read the article, nor do I intend to, I simply respond to the topic name.

Deleted
    Okaaaaay, why resort to playing shooters per se? Wouldn't it be better if they just group chat on the dashboard? Or perhaps play something else than shooters while chatting?

I mean, the training part, but the discussing their plans during the playing?

Also to them we are the ''terrorists'' so terrorists have been playing these shooters for waaaaay longer ;P

Also how did they find out about this? Microsoft/Sony is screening your conversations people.

Wait a moment, the Sun......can we really take this seriously?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...n-attacks.html

I suppose that explains why they're such noobs.
    Reckon we'll get taliban that start talking leetspeak?
    in all reality i am supprised that the sun took so long to figure this out.
    With gaming being universally avalible to anyone with a net connection and a Credit card, semi-secure conversations can be had by anyone.
    you could even look into one of the voice com systems like mumble, where there is nothing stopping you from getting a server set up in a few mins with a stolen Credit card, Messaging people the IP address securly somehow, holding a conversation, then leaving the server never to be used again.

all this could be done from a hacked wirless connection so would be totally untraceable by authorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnasnimadan View Post
    Okaaaaay, why resort to playing shooters per se? Wouldn't it be better if they just group chat on the dashboard? Or perhaps play something else than shooters while chatting?

Also how did they find out about this? Microsoft/Sony is screening your conversations people.

Wait a moment, the Sun......can we really take this seriously?
    My guess is not. The media has a wild imagination.

US goverment does this as well. They have some sort of modified version of counterstrike that is liek army only edition used for training

Gotta love the pic of the guy playing a racing game with the tag "playing a realistic war game"

Deleted
    The Sun
    why am i not suprised..

Quote Originally Posted by fainflinn View Post
    US goverment does this as well. They have some sort of modified version of counterstrike that is liek army only edition used for training
    America's Army is the game. It's half recruitment tool half strat training.

OT: It's the sun, it's more a tabloid than newspaper. I wouldn't take it at face value nor do I think the idea would work well. I spent a small portion of my life in the ADF while being a hard core gamer my entire life and there wasn't one aspect of serving that made me a better soldier because of games.

Chinese cops train with CS, nothing new with this

I think the main point is that chat thingy, not the training with FPS. They can do that in real life.

Games like Call of Duty could be used as a simulator, but a really bad one! They are also very limited to what they could actually simulate and train. The author of this article really ran out of ideas. I think Google Maps is the way to go if you are a terrorist.

Deleted
    I hope the terrorists dont play mass effect 3. On that note, how would a muslim-terrorist Reaper look like?

10+ Year Old Account
    To be more detailed, rainbow six series and america's army.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...ica's_Army
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Whoever wrote that tripe needs to be punched in the throat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalarius View Post
    I hope the terrorists dont play mass effect 3. On that note, how would a muslim-terrorist Reaper look like?
    I would photo shop Harbinger. However i risk getting infracted and it's extremely bad taste towards the Muslim community who do not support such acts as terrorism.

Deleted
    "Last night, a source said:"
    "Sources say..."
    "government sources said..."
    "A security expert revealed:"
    "security chiefs now fear..."

...It's like they're not even trying xD. That's The Sun for you.

There is thread dedicated to this already http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ountry-anymore
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucio84 View Post
    Gotta love the pic of the guy playing a racing game with the tag "playing a realistic war game"
    That's amazing. I didn't realize that until i read your post.