Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, people forget it's a game. And wiping on a boss due to other people stupidity you'll lose interest really fast.
    Just makes farming easier for others ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    i imagine he meants heroic, so no.
    Pretty sure you cant even ams normal, only lfr.

Deleted
    More nerf yay!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post
    Heroic Ultraxion is the most retarded boss design ever, considering you need classes who have short CDs on their mitigation, which is especially evident in 10 men raids. If you have a shit raid setup considering classes, you can wipe on him endlessly, not because you or anyone in the raid sucks, but because you cannot mitigate the Hour of Twilight.

On the other hand if you have a nice setup, he is nothing else but a trash mob.

Horrible boss design for 10 men raiding guilds.
    We've done Minutes to midnight twice now on heroic mode in 10 man with several different setups, there are only a few classes that cant survive the hour of twilight some way or another.

Warlock - Go destro for nether protection
    Rogue - Feint/CoS
    Druid - Barkskin + raid cooldown
    Mage - Iceblock or Cauterize
    DK - AMS + external CD
    Warrior - equip shield + SW
    Spriest - Dispersion
    Shaman - Shamanistic rage + raid cooldown
    Paladin - Divine protection
    Hunter - Detterence

Our elemental shaman can survive it also though I'm not sure what he uses.
    Last edited by mmocc7ae5c5557; 2012-04-19 at 12:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    Pretty interesting

I am an ele and the only things that come to my mind are glyphed stone bulwark totem (16k shield) + stoneform as dwarf... I dont know of anything else, could some1 enlighten me please?

Deleted
    Guessing 26th will give us 20%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    We've done Minutes to midnight twice now on heroic mode in 10 man with several different setups, there are only a few classes that cant survive the hour of twilight some way or another.

Warlock - Go destro for nether protection
    Rogue - Feint/CoS
    Druid - Barkskin + raid cooldown
    Mage - Iceblock or Cauterize
    DK - AMS
    Warrior - equip shield + SW
    Spriest - Dispersion
    Shaman - Shamanistic rage + raid cooldown
    Paladin - Divine protection
    Hunter - Detterence

Rogues can only cloak it, the only way to survive using Feint is too be Sub, which is terrible for that fight, or have a someone else use a cooldown on you, such as intervene. As that's been said, I believe anyone can survive an hour of twilight, no matter the raid comp, you always have a way to do it. Priests have guardian spirit, warriors can intervene, and some DPS roles can temporarily swap into a more defensive mode, such as bear form. An elemental shaman could quite possibly survive an hour of twilight without outside help by using the stoneclaw totem + glyph and elemental mastery + glyph, but it's very unlikely they will survive well enough, if at all, even with the nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Livets View Post
    Rogues can only cloak it, the only way to survive using Feint is too be Sub, which is terrible for that fight, or have a someone else use a cooldown on you, such as intervene. As that's been said, I believe anyone can survive an hour of twilight, no matter the raid comp, you always have a way to do it. Priests have guardian spirit, warriors can intervene, and some DPS roles can temporarily swap into a more defensive mode, such as bear form. An elemental shaman could quite possibly survive an hour of twilight without outside help by using the stoneclaw totem + glyph and elemental mastery + glyph, but it's very unlikely they will survive well enough, if at all, even with the nerf.
    Our Ele shammy was gobsmacked when he survived it, didn't drop below 40% health iirc, I'll ask him tonight what he used, I'm guessing it was with a raid wall at the same time, divine guardian I think.

One of our setups for minutes to midnight on heroic mode was:

Destro lock
    Ele shammy
    Shadow priest
    Shadow priest
    Arms warrior
    Assassination Rogue
    Holy Priest
    Restoration Druid
    Feral Druid
    Protection Pala

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd assume he received outside help, and probably didn't think to use, or have, elemental mastery glyph.

its 255k damage now with 15% nerf.

-20% with ele glyph. 204000
    -10% while casting with AR 183600
    -4% from EW 176256
    16572 from stoneclaw = 160k~ damage, shouldnt be hard to hit that hp with fort/motw and high gear now.

any kind of other external would make an ele shaman survive it comfortably like a raid wall/PW:S/intervene before HoT etc

but yeh its the nerf that makes it do-able by every class, before any nerfs 300k as ele shaman would require loads and loads of externals probably leaving none for anyone else.
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2012-04-19 at 12:54 PM.

Deleted
    By the way, is it magic damage? (Ultraxion's Hour of Twilight for those who dont know what this discussion has evolved into^^)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    By the way, is it magic damage? (Ultraxion's Hour of Twilight for those who dont know what this discussion has evolved into^^)
    All of his damage, excluding melee attacks, is shadow.

---------- Post added 2012-04-19 at 09:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    its 255k damage now with 15% nerf.

-20% with ele glyph. 204000
    -10% while casting with AR 183600
    -4% from EW 176256
    16572 from stoneclaw = 160k~ damage, shouldnt be hard to hit that hp with fort/motw and high gear now.
    EW + AR = 22%
    EM glyph = 20%
    SCT glyph = 16k?
    Last edited by Livets; 2012-04-19 at 01:25 PM.

Deleted
    Rogues can only cloak it, the only way to survive using Feint is too be Sub, which is terrible for that fight, or have a someone else use a cooldown on you, such as intervene.
    Wrong, currently you can just Feint and get it over with.

Stop necro'ing every old news post.