Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW's next expansions races?

If...and I mean.. IF Queen Azshara does not make an appearence in this expansion, she will most likely be in the last, and I have a feeling our next two races have already been introduced.

Well one in this upcoming expansion the Jinyu for the alliance and Renegade/Rebelious Naga for the Horde.

This is all illrelevent if Queen Azshara makes her raid boss debut in this expansion though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bleah! The Jinyu are night elves with fish heads - they might be interesting to interact with, but I wouldn't want to play as them, even if they do get a load more models.

Rebel naga is another matter - especially if they reject the Old Gods and start to revert to a more elf-like form. Bipedal serpent-elves with shape-shifting abilities would be more interesting.

I expect that from now on we'll see more neutral races, where you choose which faction you go to. There's a lot of possibilities there - Drakonids and ethereals leap to mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Azshara won't, or at least shouldn't be a patch boss. The Naga story is too expansive for it to be explained and ended with a patch. Hell, Azshara has been 'missing' for 10 000 years. Naga, and more importantly, Azshara, need their own expansion.

I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard kept the idea of neutral races from now on, though. Naga would be a good one for this,

However, I would love to see Ogres as a playable race and they really only fit with the Horde. Not sure what race Blizzard would introduce alongside Ogres for the Alliance. Ethereals would be good I guess.
    Last edited by Vidur; 2012-03-21 at 05:40 PM.

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul

10+ Year Old Account
    The x-pack after MoP will be certered around both Azshara and the Old God who's been pulling hers, Deathwing's and (my guess Garrosh's) strings, N'zoth.

I think we get a splinter faction of naga trying to redeem themselves in the NE's eyes and join the alliance. The horde get ogres, who should have been with them from the start.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I expect that from now on we'll see more neutral races, where you choose which faction you go to. There's a lot of possibilities there - Drakonids and ethereals leap to mind.
    This and apart from Tauren Rogues Id love to play an EThereals

Quote Originally Posted by Vidur View Post
    Azshara won't, or at least shouldn't be a patch boss. The Naga story is too expansive for it to be explained and ended with a patch. Hell, Azshara has been 'missing' for 10 000 years. Naga, and more importantly, Azshara, need their own expansion.

I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard kept the idea of neutral races from now on, though. Naga would be a good one for this,

However, I would love to see Ogres as a playable race and they really only fit with the Horde. Not sure what race Blizzard would introduce alongside Ogres for the Alliance. Ethereals would be good I guess.
    Azshara did make a brief appearence with a placeholder model in cataclysm, and was at one point the final boss alongside Deathwing, but was then removed from the story, she was even mentioned on the main cataclysm site with her placeholder model and everything..gg blizz, thats probably why Abysal Maw 2.0 was removed honestly.

They originally only planned for 5 expansions, but now with the 5 levels each expansion and during Vanilla wow they mentioned they never wanted the level cap to go past 100, so with that said, I think we are looking at two more, unless the next one is 90-100 which I doubt, Sargaras is probably 100% the last and final boss of WoW.

You can't end at 7 races for each faction, so I think 2 more will be added to make it an even 8 for both factions.

They know the players want to play Naga so I have no doubt they will be a playable race, seeing as they usually blame the alliance for abandoning them after they sided with the legion, I only picked the Jinyu as the alliance race because "they are the protectors of the ocean" and would fit in well with an ocean themed expansion, and I have a strong suspicion that the Demon Hunter class will be the final "Hero" class against the legion in the last expansion.

Deleted
    I've been dying for playable Ogres since vanilla. (I'd even say they should've been on the horde instead of the forsaken but thats another matter)
    They're the only race left that'd make total sense for the horde.
    They have established classes, Warrior, Mage, Warlock, Shaman, Hunter, Priest. (Death Knight, Monk?) They've been in the horde before, and the Stonemaul Clan are allied with the Horde once again. No, they aren't too big. Theres plenty of Ogres in the world not much bigger than Tauren. (Some are even smaller)

For the Alliance I honestly have no idea. That factions beginning to look like a zoo with the mass of animal people running around. I suppose High Elves wouldn't be so bad, they'd just have to give them different models and animations to blood elves to help differentiate them a bit. Still people would likely attack blizz for being lazy if they went that route.

For the expansions I'm not sure, Sargeras would make a fitting final boss to the game, but I really want to see that solved in a possible Warcraft 4. Not sure if the Old Gods have him beat for power either.
    Last edited by mmoc2a926c3783; 2012-03-21 at 06:18 PM.

I wish they would focus instead on servicing some of the neglected races of the existing ones. Draenei and Gnome get very little air-time. I don't know how things are with the Horde, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were similarly neglected Horde races.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see Arakkoa and Ethereals if ever we revisit Outland. Arakkoa for Horde and Ethereal for Alliance.

I'd rather some of the current races were developed though, instead of adding more races destined to fall into obscurity.

Deleted
    Qiraji Battleguards for Alliance: http://http://www.wowpedia.org/Qiraji_battleguard

Dreadlords for Horde:
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Dreadlord_(mob)

As Harbinger Skyriss put it:
    "It is a small matter to control the mind of the weak... for I bear allegiance to powers untouched by time, unmoved by fate. No force on this world or beyond harbors the strength to bend our knee... not even the mighty Legion!"

After MoP, enough with the pretty pandas - give us all out war!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zapthrottle View Post
    Qiraji Battleguards for Alliance: http://http://www.wowpedia.org/Qiraji_battleguard

Dreadlords for Horde:
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Dreadlord_(mob)

As Harbinger Skyriss put it:
    "It is a small matter to control the mind of the weak... for I bear allegiance to powers untouched by time, unmoved by fate. No force on this world or beyond harbors the strength to bend our knee... not even the mighty Legion!"

After MoP, enough with the pretty pandas - give us all out war!!
    Why on earth would the Qiraji Battleguards join the Alliance? O.o

Also, MoP is an "all out war" expansion. Have you been reading anything about it at all? :P

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Naga and Ogres? /shrug

Honestly, not really sure yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    Why on earth would the Qiraji Battleguards join the Alliance? O.o

Also, MoP is an "all out war" expansion. Have you been reading anything about it at all? :P
    They wouldn't join them so much as control/manipulate them.

And yeah, as soon I write the all out war bit, I knew I was gonna be in the shit lol

Right My Ideas -

Alliance -

Naga.
    More importantly the Kaldorei Resistance, that have been helping fighting Azshara under the sea. Hella load of them were pulled under the sea with the elves that became naga so makes sense they could be there still. Could even make them Bipedal and less mutatated due to their rejection of the old gods.

Horde - (ignoring the obvious Ogres)

Black Drakonid

With Wrathion now in charge of whats left of the Black Dragon flight he teams up with the Horde for amusement / protection and brings the Drakonids with him. It would be cool too because of their inclusion in the Horde way back in the WC games.

There are no races left that would actually make any sense to be honest (besides Ogres and High Elves and possibly Vrykul).

Things like Jinyu and other new races aren't going to be established enough to warrent becomming playable.

Nagas for Alliance and Ogres for Horde, make it happen Blizzard!
    Miranda Rights: Miranda has the right to a decent man to help her raise her baby.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want a playable insect race, I'd go for the Azj'Aqir - the precursor race that gave rise to the Qiraji and the Nerubians (and possibly the Mantid as well).

We don't really know anything about them, other than that they don't like the trolls and they disappeared 16,000 years ago - some colonies became the above races, but others might have remained unchanged.

Be pretty weird and unexpected for them to turn up and join a faction.

Fluffy bunnies that join ally or horde after the 1st 10 lvl's. It's not like there isn't a precedent.
    How did he die ?

His death was caused by pneumonia induced by daggers to the chest.Repeatedly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see Blizz add sub-races so that we could get more combinations.

Horde
    Orc-Mag'har/Dragonmaw
    Troll-Forest Troll/Ice Troll/Sand Troll
    Tauren-Taunka
    Goblin-Gilgoblin
    Forsaken-Undead Elf/Skeleton
    Blood Elf-Wretched

Alliance
    Human-Vrykrul?
    Night Elf-High Elf(New Model)
    Dwarf-Wildhammer/Dark Iron/Frost/Earthen
    Gnome-Mechanical Gnome/Leper Gnome
    Dranei-Broken
    Worgen-Feral Worgen

It would present 10 new races for each side.

Murlocs! I have always loved these crazy fish people and the funny sounds they make. They could make decent neutral race.

Many people talk about Ethereals, but they make no sense as a PC race. They are merchants who trade with everyone and sell to both sides in a war. Having to choose horde/ally at some point does not work from a lore perspective.

Another common suggestion is ogres for the horde. First if they were to have them they need to make 2 headed ogres the casters (so model will be based on class). Otherwise they do not fit with WoW lore. Second and most importantly they would have to redesign most of the dungeons/cities in the game to fit their size. Personally I would rather Blizzard works on new content as opposed to redesigning everything again.

One thing no one ever talks about is Bolvar. He was once a member of the Alliance. We know current scourge is barely a shadow of itself and we also don't know how much free will Bolvar might currently have. If he has enough free will to sway part of the scourge, say the darkfallen (San'layn), to the Alliance that would be a viable and fun race to play I think. If they did another undead expansion in the future, it could even be that Bolvar has lost control of much of the scourge, but is directing a part that he controls to the Alliance to assist them. There is not enough lore to support this either way (or at least that I have read).
    Last edited by Sealbinder; 2012-03-21 at 08:06 PM.