Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    ive been using recount for 6 years, call it brand loyalty but i wont be using skada anytime in the forseeable future.

Keep using skada. I can find out who didn't switch to adds in 3 seconds with skada.

Skada has lightweight going for it, but I really prefer Recount. Idk if Skada is just as good but I never bothered figuring it out, but I'm really accustomed to Recount and love all of its features/usability. Then again, World of Logs > all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    I use recount just for the sole reason I always have used it. It does the work and it fits my ui very well thanks to elvui

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know which is better now (aside from size) but Skada used to be waaaaaay better. In Wrath, recount would glitch up with absorbed damage, and Skada used to track it fairly well (for our disc priest and such.) I use Recount, but I prefer Skada, I'm just to lazy to install it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Skada isn't measureing DPS(e). Skada doesn't match WorldOfLogs in any way, shape, or form. (Not damage, not dps, not dps(e).) Recount matches WoL data exactly and is consistent throughout multiple people.

Skada is bad. It has always been bad, it always will be bad. Lightweight =/= good.

I use Recount while some friends use Skada. They both calculate DAMAGE DONE the same. Number to number they are usually the exact same. However, the difference comes when you look at how they calculate damage per second. I believe Skada uses a longer period of time due to its lower number for DPS. Either way, Recount matches World of Logs with damage done and DPS, so I trust it way more than Skada.

Quote Originally Posted by brown View Post
    Last that I knew I think recount is more accurate. I always saw skada as kind of a knockoff of recount for people that use a program that doesn't have recount to install addons.
    I changed to Skada just because Recount wasn't accurate. It would say my hunter had a significantly lower DPS even if the total damage I did in the fight was higher than anyone else. Bad chronometer was hurting me. Skada on the other hand never gave paradoxical results.

If you want accuracy then use an external service like World of Logs.
    In-game meters should be used as a quick guide at best, and should never be relied upon for anything where the numbers matter.
    Therefore choose what meets your requirements and not what someone tells you is right.
    You should never be trying to compare results in-game anyway with someone else.

Recount cost you noticeable FPS where Skada does not is another difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If you want accuracy then use an external service like World of Logs.
    In-game meters should be used as a quick guide at best, and should never be relied upon for anything where the numbers matter.
    Therefore choose what meets your requirements and not what someone tells you is right.
    You should never be trying to compare results in-game anyway with someone else.
    You need to tell that to all the players that use it as a de facto determining factor for kicking other players.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a fan of skada as well. If you want truly accurate meters, use WoL.

Might as well save yourself a little memory and use skada to track your personal dps and WoL for the raid.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    thank you for the repsonses all of you, and i'll have a talk with my friend to see if she has pet damage merged with owner on her recount

Deleted
    I've always used skada.

It's more lightweight, and IMO more accurate as it gives you Dps / damage based on your "activity".

Recount on the other hand gives u just Dps over a time, and because of that it can be misleading as u could putt out 100k in the first 30secs then stand around doing nothing yet still be top Dps :P

Plus I've always felt that skada does things like absorbs better such as blood Shield , priest shields etc better.

For example in WOTLK disc priests always seemed rather low heals when using recount cos it didn't take into account the damag prevention they were doing.

Haven't tried recount since then though so that may have been fixed but yeah.

Also it used to have a wee "fail" tab which was pretty handy to see what noobs died to fire :P

Besides you should really be more bothered about damage done.

WOL >>>>>> skada >>>>>>>>> recount

Damage done >>>>>>> Dps
    Last edited by mmocc8dd4634ec; 2012-03-22 at 08:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Now I just make sure to bring one person with Skada so he can link top dmg against a specific target (like the adds on Yorsajh HC) as I can't do that with Recount, it seems.
    - In config screen tag showing mob data in the lists (left column).
    - Open the Damage Taken tab.
    - Click on the mob you want to view.

The popup will show who did how much damage to it.

We used that screen a lot when we were progressing on Spine heroic to see Tendon damage.

Deleted
    Well, I'm attacking the "holy grail" of all raiders here, but:

Who the hell told you WoL is calculating right ? Isn't it possible WoL is crunching that bunch of numbers somewhat wrong and thus [INSERT YOUR PREFERRED DMG METER HERE] is the only one which is doing it right ?

Please - do not reply with an "we all are using it". Just because all are using it doesn't make it calculating right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I ran both side by side for a fortnight, and Skada always gave the more accurate/closer to WoL Data. I prefer skada because its far less ugly and fits in with my custom UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalthor View Post
    Well, I'm attacking the "holy grail" of all raiders here, but:

Who the hell told you WoL is calculating right ? Isn't it possible WoL is crunching that bunch of numbers somewhat wrong and thus [INSERT YOUR PREFERRED DMG METER HERE] is the only one which is doing it right ?

Please - do not reply with an "we all are using it". Just because all are using it doesn't make it calculating right.
    Because WoL is also used by all the math wizards. If there is a bug somewhere in the methods it will be found in no time flat and fixed even faster. People who make SimCraft and similar programs and spreadsheets check their data with WoL parses. If the numbers don't add up in WoL it will be found out.

As for if the method used is best, it is the general consensus that the WoL numbers are the best representation for comparison. It is an arbitrary decision which method to use so "we are all using it" is a valid argument in favour.

Deleted
    live streaming WoL beats both skada and recount.

that said i would have to side with the adon that matches WoL the best and so far that has been Recount

remember that things like range and phasing screw up your meter's recording of others.

ultraxion is a good example of this.

i personally like skada, but not because i think its more accurate. i just like the fact that i can keep multiple lists open, tracking different things. plus i think skada is easier to navigate when you're sorting through different stats