Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    He doesn't research anything, he was given a paper by an instructor which says what exercises he must do, that's it.

But I knew flame reactions like this would come. So give it your best shot.

How do you know he does not research? I did 6 months study of bodybuilding and various exercises before i even joined the gym.But thats just me, i want to be sure i atleast know some basics before joining.

Pater! In manus tuas committo spiritum meum!

Ummmmm.

Most of the people at my school gym are quite nice , and it is pretty social btw.

One thing annoys me is the gym is very full in afternoon, and some people don't return the weights after they used them.

Oh and there is one kid said to his friend I am retarded, all I does is lifting and my creatine is bad, because he saw me bench like 70 kg and he benches 25kg, I never saw him in the gym again after he said that, srsly I wanna fight him in the locker room.
    Last edited by Vvhooya; 2012-11-20 at 10:12 PM.

Will be missed ~

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvhooya View Post
    . . . and some people don't return the weights after they used them.
    This annoys me as well, even when its not weights etc I use, I got in the other day and someone had put every single 20kg weight onto the "freeweight" leg press machine, and just left them on it, even though I wasn't using that one that day, I could see it from where I was training and it bugged me so much I went and put them away =p

Sums up what most people said in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ I really enjoyed that video. I crap you not, I'm one of those guys who's shown up in jeans...in fact I've done it more than once. I won't do cardio in street clothes, but I will absolutely lift in them. Don't judge me.

Deleted
    People that exercise and then sit in the cantina to eat all they just worked off

Quote Originally Posted by Vvhooya View Post
    Ummmmm.

Most of the people at my school gym are quite nice , and it is pretty social btw.

One thing annoys me is the gym is very full in afternoon, and some people don't return the weights after they used them.

Oh and there is one kid said to his friend I am retarded, all I does is lifting and my creatine is bad, because he saw me bench like 70 kg and he benches 25kg, I never saw him in the gym again after he said that, srsly I wanna fight him in the locker room.
    Less time at gym and more time in English class. What? BTW, guys at a school gym are HORRIBLE. All school gyms. Bunch of bros. Rather workout at a planet fitness.

Deleted
    I don't get annoyed at people, I'm too damn amazing for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one else besides me annoys me at the gym , also its so incredibly boring there that i gaved up... lift this , push that, unless you enjoy counting to 10 or 15 multiple times a day i cannot grasp the idea of going to the gym...

Quote Originally Posted by jbhasban View Post
    Less time at gym and more time in English class. What?
    Irrelevant.

BTW, guys at a school gym are HORRIBLE. All school gyms. Bunch of bros. Rather workout at a planet fitness.
    I can say the same for most people at most gyms I've ever been to. Being a "bro" doesn't necessarily mean they're not good guys to lift with. As long as they don't make fun of your progress. I've lifted with some straight-up Jersey Shore style, stereotypical guidos before, and they were actually pretty good lifting buddies. But I'd never go out to a bar with them or anything, lol.

The only things that annoy me, really, are the people who curl in the squat racks and the guys that sound like their passing kidney stones when they lift. Oh, and the people who don't wipe up their own sweat off the equipment when they're done with a set. Oh, and the people that try to "reserve" a machine or station even when they're resting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

I was always under the impression a spotter was only ever there to back you up if you needed it, no need for excess communication - so long as both halves of the arrangement stick to that it should be good right?

As for the "don't understand the point" post from Bluesftw - it's simple, I go and for an hour (or however long I'm in there) I don't got to deal with the phone, I don't got to deal with any drama just me, an endless road & the ability to zone out for a while, now I know it's exercise and it probably shouldn't be like this, but that's relaxing & clears my head. Granted by the time I'm finished I'm tired & I know I've worked out, but during the process it's like when you see in cartoons where they're in the middle of a shitstorm but they have this mental flashback to a happy place - I'm actually gutted that it took me until now to realise that and start going to the gym.

And the video posted above was hillarious, but is it bad when you can actually think of guys (and girls) from the gym who it applies to? It's not bad that I can think of the girls it applies to because well, that's a nice thought, but it's probably not right!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    I was always under the impression a spotter was only ever there to back you up if you needed it, no need for excess communication - so long as both halves of the arrangement stick to that it should be good right?

As for the "don't understand the point" post from Bluesftw - it's simple, I go and for an hour (or however long I'm in there) I don't got to deal with the phone, I don't got to deal with any drama just me, an endless road & the ability to zone out for a while, now I know it's exercise and it probably shouldn't be like this, but that's relaxing & clears my head. Granted by the time I'm finished I'm tired & I know I've worked out, but during the process it's like when you see in cartoons where they're in the middle of a shitstorm but they have this mental flashback to a happy place - I'm actually gutted that it took me until now to realise that and start going to the gym.

And the video posted above was hillarious, but is it bad when you can actually think of guys (and girls) from the gym who it applies to? It's not bad that I can think of the girls it applies to because well, that's a nice thought, but it's probably not right!
    I wish girls would go in regular clothing. Dressing up to go to the gym is soooo unattractive to me. It says "I am superficial and not practical" and "I care more about appearances than I do about my health." Could never get up around such hussies. Spotters are there to help you finish your last rep if you happen to fail. A 110 lb girl can spot a 400 lb bench press. They arent there to lift the weight for you but to rather turn that 400 lb bench press into a 300-350 lb one. However, if you are doing forced reps, yeah, you should get someone who is huge to help you. Nobody who benches 400 lbs is going to fail absolutely completely. Worst case the bar gets rested on his chest while you help him safely dump the weights off the side.
    Last edited by jbhasban; 2012-11-21 at 02:56 PM.

the trainers that are put in the gym that specifically counter the type you bring along to counter the gym's type

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Irrelevant.

I can say the same for most people at most gyms I've ever been to. Being a "bro" doesn't necessarily mean they're not good guys to lift with. As long as they don't make fun of your progress. I've lifted with some straight-up Jersey Shore style, stereotypical guidos before, and they were actually pretty good lifting buddies. But I'd never go out to a bar with them or anything, lol.

The only things that annoy me, really, are the people who curl in the squat racks and the guys that sound like their passing kidney stones when they lift. Oh, and the people who don't wipe up their own sweat off the equipment when they're done with a set. Oh, and the people that try to "reserve" a machine or station even when they're resting.
    It isn't irrelevant because I seriously could not understand his post: "all I does is lifting and my creatine is bad, because he saw me bench like 70 kg and he benches 25kg." I don't mind poor English when the post is decipherable but his sentence made no sense what so ever.

Bros sound stupid even when they aren't. It's like being on a blind/internet date with a valley girl. You have to act nice to her so you don't feel like a dick but the entire time you are thinking "kill me now" and wondering if she recognizes how unattracted you are to her.
    Last edited by jbhasban; 2012-11-21 at 02:59 PM.

Mostly those with fake ideals.

I wish girls would go in regular clothing. Dressing up to go to the gym is soooo unattractive to me. It says "I am superficial and not practical" and "I care more about appearances than I do about my health." Could never get up around such hussies. Spotters are there to help you finish your last rep if you happen to fail. A 110 lb girl can spot a 400 lb bench press. They arent there to lift the weight for you but to rather turn that 400 lb bench press into a 300-350 lb one. However, if you are doing forced reps, yeah, you should get someone who is huge to help you. Nobody who benches 400 lbs is going to fail absolutely completely. Worst case the bar gets rested on his chest while you help him safely dump the weights off the side.
    I'm probably more inclined to look at the females dress like this, I know that Nike's stuff is supposed to be manufactured so it draws sweat away and all that shit - unfortunately having worked in a "sports shop" I had to take the training course, they probably went in and got the Nike approved spiel on it and everything. Problem is all the Nike stuff is usually skin tight - they're just wearing what they're told is "optimal" - doesn't bother me any and well, I can kinda see the point in it. Not everyone is like me who just grabs a pair of trackie bottoms & goes to the gym, my superficial element is that I don't want to wear shorts because I have rugby player legs, screwed up (atleast to me) calves and hairy legs - aint no one needs to see that shit. HOWEVER seeing an attractive young woman in exercise clothing, well lets just say it makes my world a whole hell of a lot better and my legs a little bit lighter

The spotter comment was more in reply to the guy talking about stereotypical Jersey Shore types, my view is that I don't care who the spotter is so long as they do the job, could be the biggest arsehole in history so long as if you struggle they help you out.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbbailey View Post
    Scrawny guys who use bad form on too much weight then slam the plates or equipment. When these douches break stuff i cant use it till its fixed. This has recently passed my old #1 peeve, the campers who sit on equipment to bullshit.
    Youve actually posted something I was going to say annoys me,

People who take the piss out of others for incorrect forms or technique or people who can't be arsed to help them, seriously, instead of complaining here their doing it wrong why dont you go over and say "excuse me mate, but your not quite doing it right, try this way" at least then your showing positivity and if they break it following that, then get pissed at them, I use my college gym often, and it has people from 16-20's in there mostly (myself 22) and they work together and point stuff out to others who do something wrong, I'm sure if a bunch of teenagers can work together like that, you can too

But yea people who sit on equipment and wont move because their talking

People who think its a social club

As I said people who mock others, even worse when they film it, recently had this a few weeks back, went ape shit at them so did the trainers in the room

Show offs, I dont mine people who can lift a insane weight testing their max, but there's always ego that have to go HELL YES when they lift every single weight

People who leave weights all over the place

People who sweat like a bitch on the floor, and don't have enough sense to wipe it up

People who leave their drinks on the floor

Guys who druel over every single woman that walks in, in a tight outfit, okay people do this anyways, but in a gym, no attempt to conceal it

I think that covers it
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    How you get a boner while working out is beyond me.
    I agree, not possible for me. All that blood is going to other areas of the body that need it. May be possible for some guys though

Less time at gym and more time in English class. What? BTW, guys at a school gym are HORRIBLE. All school gyms. Bunch of bros. Rather workout at a planet fitness.
    my gym is free, have millions of equipment, why would I go to fitness place cost like $40 a month ...

Will be missed ~

People who complain about others complaining about others.