Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    I personally recommend Celerity and Chi Torpedo for Megaera. 3 Vengeance buffed Chi Torpedos can provide a lot of extra healing during Rampage when everyone is grouped up.

Here's a log of mine where Chi Torpedo was particularly effective during Rampages: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/z...?s=3730&e=4128
    The thing is, I tested that a couple nights ago as well. Granted, it was doing a ton of healing, but after discussing it with my healers they said they didn't want me to do that. The reason is that healers will generally use their CDs during the rampages so healing is actually pretty easy during that time, so my extra healing wasn't necessary. They'd much rather I go full out DPS and leave healing to them, so the heads don't stay up too long and we get too many stacks of the special breath debuffs.

While Chi Torpedo'ing around you're not DPSing the heads, which means they stay up for that much longer. While your idea is good if you're lacking heals, it's worth discussing with your healers to decide whether it's actually needed. Extra DPS on the heads lessens the burden on the healers, because they die quicker and you also put out more raid Guards anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdrood View Post
    Edit. Also I read that Zen Sphere: Detonate was the better talent to use while stacked up, but I checked our kill from last week and your chi wave healed for much more than my detonate
    Also depends on 10m vs 25m. I don't know of a situation Zen Sphere would be superior or worth it on 10m.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Zen sphere detonates for 23.4% of AP, Chi burst heals for 100% of AP, and chi wave heals for 45% of AP*4.

You'd need zen sphere to hit 9 effective players to beat out Chi Wave.
    You'd need chi burst to hit 4 effective players to beat out Chi Wave.
    Chi Burst basically is superior to Zen Sphere in basically every situation.

I noticed that recently. Xuen is indeed kinda bugged for Megaera, he just melees a little bit and never bothers to do the lightning spell thing. Or well, let's go to WoL for a more accurate idea:
    Xuen does hasn't worked properly on Megaera, Durumu, or Primordius (possibly Tortos too but I haven't ever used Xuen for that fight so I dunno) ever since 5.2 launched.
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2013-05-16 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdrood View Post
    (I know that is normal and I'm about to talk about heroic- but the same principals apply.) Wow, that looks too good too be true. So essentially all you are doing is rolling through the raid 3x while rampage is going? You don't do any damage to the head though?
    Basically roll, dps the head a bit, roll, roll back dps the head more. I do less damage to the head than if I wasn't rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    The thing is, I tested that a couple nights ago as well. Granted, it was doing a ton of healing, but after discussing it with my healers they said they didn't want me to do that. The reason is that healers will generally use their CDs during the rampages so healing is actually pretty easy during that time, so my extra healing wasn't necessary. They'd much rather I go full out DPS and leave healing to them, so the heads don't stay up too long and we get too many stacks of the special breath debuffs.

While Chi Torpedo'ing around you're not DPSing the heads, which means they stay up for that much longer. While your idea is good if you're lacking heals, it's worth discussing with your healers to decide whether it's actually needed. Extra DPS on the heads lessens the burden on the healers, because they die quicker and you also put out more raid Guards anyway.
    Fair point, it certainly lowers dps to the head. I haven't found Xuen to be worthwhile on Megaera so I still found that was the most useful level 90 talent for that fight. Even if you don't Torpedo constantly during a rampage it's sort of like having another healing CD for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    Basically roll, dps the head a bit, roll, roll back dps the head more. I do less damage to the head than if I wasn't rolling.

Fair point, it certainly lowers dps to the head. I haven't found Xuen to be worthwhile on Megaera so I still found that was the most useful level 90 talent for that fight. Even if you don't Torpedo constantly during a rampage it's sort of like having another healing CD for it.
    If you really want to theorycraft it, you can also take into account that roll is off the GCD, but pacifies you for the duration. You can attack a split second before you roll. Chi torpedo will end a tad after the GCD from your attack this way, slowing you down a bit, but minimizing damage loss. If you do it right, Chi Torpedo will also damage the boss due to hitbox size. Takes a bit of practice to pull it off, but chi torpedo can actually be a bit of a dps gain on that part.

Most of this is moot, though. Rampages are not the most dangerous part of the fight. The periods between rampages are where most of our deaths occur. AoE healing a clump of people through high damage where tanks need zero attention tends not to be a problem.

Perhaps a dumb question but I have to ask. Tonight I got a 528 fist weapon, my off-hand is 483. Would it be best to use these two weapons over a 502 2hd staff for Brm? I cannot post a link but my armory is Malfurion, Brewtul. Please take a look at my set up and let me know what you think.

Looks like you either figured it out or have money to burn.

The dual wield combo is better. There's math for it. It's in the thread somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pruka View Post
    Perhaps a dumb question but I have to ask. Tonight I got a 528 fist weapon, my off-hand is 483. Would it be best to use these two weapons over a 502 2hd staff for Brm? I cannot post a link but my armory is Malfurion, Brewtul. Please take a look at my set up and let me know what you think.
    While not the best by ANY stretch i uyse staffs for extra stam when needed and DW for extra DPS when health isn't an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    Zen sphere detonates for 23.4% of AP, Chi burst heals for 100% of AP, and chi wave heals for 45% of AP*4.

You'd need zen sphere to hit 9 effective players to beat out Chi Wave.
    You'd need chi burst to hit 4 effective players to beat out Chi Wave.
    Chi Burst basically is superior to Zen Sphere in basically every situation.
    It's worth mentioning that this is assuming you consider the HoT/DoT portion of Zen Sphere to be of zero value. That's a reasonable position to take when comparing it to Chi Burst because Chi Burst is for bursting, and there's also the possibility for Zen Sphere to detonate early and not do its full HoT's worth of healing. However, there are certainly times where all healing matters, and one can also argue that being able to control who specifically receives the healing is an advantage (unfortunately it comes at the cost of increased micro-management).

Including the HoT portion, Zen Sphere beats Chi Wave's healing at 2.05 targets, and Chi Burst passes Zen Sphere at 7.24 targets.

--
    Chi Wave vs Zen Sphere
    2*(.45*4) = 3*(.72+.234x)
    x = 2.05 targets. Zen Sphere passes Chi Wave at 2.05 targets

Chi Burst vs Zen Sphere
    x = 3*(.72+.234x)
    x = 7.24 targets they're even. Less than 7.24 targets Zen Sphere wins, more than 7.24 Chi Burst wins.
    --

Target numbers can and do vary throughout fights as well as based on which ability is being used. Also, simply computing (or guessing) at what is the average number of targets an ability will hit should be a tool for deciding which ability is best not the deciding factor. Some parts of fights are more important than others.

okay, I've looked and i can't find it anywhere..
    i never played MoP beta so im not sure what the numbers for stagger are currently (asking just so i know)
    its it 70:30 like ive heard or has that changed ?

i'm just asking for a sort of a "peace of mind" thing.
    thanks

Brewmasters have 20% baseline stagger, 4% from baseline mastery and 20% from shuffle (which should be up close to 100% of the time), for a total of 44% stagger with zero mastery rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Crevan View Post
    Brewmasters have 20% baseline stagger, 4% from baseline mastery and 20% from shuffle (which should be up close to 100% of the time), for a total of 44% stagger with zero mastery rating.
    Thanks for that.

I'm totes going to try RoR on BrM once I get my gear set up for WW properly.

Also I've been toying with the idea that BrM that run REALLY low mastery levels might get more benefit out of WW 2pc than BrM 4pc if they don't find themselves purging very often ... It'd also hypothetically allow you to pool a ton of chi to your sides and step into it for on-demand energy. Which would hypothetically allow you to do obscene things with expel harm... just a thought at this point.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, does anyone know how much threat Dizzying Haze does?
    Does it just have a damage formula based on AP and then sets the damage to zero, but still does equivalent threat?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiqjaq View Post
    Just to satisfy my curiosity, does anyone know how much threat Dizzying Haze does?
    Does it just have a damage formula based on AP and then sets the damage to zero, but still does equivalent threat?
    based on my very limited testing just now, it seemed to do at base around 1,200 threat, then when my agility trinket procced it did a bit more, then when I got hit and got vengeance it did a bit more. So it does scale with AP.

I have no idea of the formulas or exact values though, but at the very least I believe it does scale with AP.

EDIT: Just unequipped all gear and it does between 18-19 threat.
    Last edited by Kisho; 2013-05-17 at 03:39 PM.

Hey guys, my guild is currently progressing on HC Prim and I'll be glad if anyone can provide some advice about the fight.

i'm running RoR for a couple of weeks now and during hc progression. it's so good to get 10 eb stacks on less then 5 seconds it's a good trinket and i won't miss it.
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Seibei View Post
    My guild finally managed to get Iron Qon down after extending the lockout last night, then we downed the Twins on our first pull after our GM said "Don't worry about big feasts or flasks for this one, let's just test the fight and see what we need to do." Felt pretty cool about that.

So now we're on Lei Shen, on our 2nd of 2 pulls for the night we got into the 2nd phase and probably would have gotten through a good bit of the phase had we not messed up some simple parts. I'm guessing we'll down him on Sunday when we have 4 hours of non-stop Lei Shen. Really fun boss so far, and I love being a vengeance whore and topping the DPS charts :P
    they seemed to place the laughable bosses around well(primordious after durumu, twins between Iron qon and lei shen).

the hardest thing about Lei Shen on 10 man is the transition phases, figure out who all can solo soak a static and have them do it as often as they can, many classes have the ability even if they dont remember it(monks can solo soak just about any that they will ever get unless the RNG gods hate them, resto druids can Symbiosis a mage for iceblock, etc.).

for tanks the tricky part is finding the timing for moving him, especially in the first phase, if you are off by even a second sometimes he will stand there and cast thunderstorm and charge the conduit beyond what you were wanting(often times resulting in a poor choice for one to get knocked out causeing a wipe much later into the fight).

as far as DPS whoring on Lei Shen, wait until you can SCK/KS/BoF the lightning orbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    Looks like you either figured it out or have money to burn.

The dual wield combo is better. There's math for it. It's in the thread somewhere.
    Well the "like water" in eiltest jerks sais 2h is better when you have equal ilvl
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    Well the "like water" in eiltest jerks sais 2h is better when you have equal ilvl
    And test proves it's not. I have a 522 / 500 dual and a 528 staff (ffa trash one). I do about the same with both in fact which clearly means that with a 528 / 528 dual wield I would explose everything. Unfortunately, we just have dropped shit for weeks.

Also Math don't show moments where you have double dancing steel proc while other condition on the fight, you'll be able to deal more in a few amount of times. So, when there is quick phases for example or quick portion of the fight, dual can be more destroying.