2000? isn't it 4002 now with me?

another idea is, with the leg cloak, that it will change depending on your spec. i mean you can only do the challenge when you have the right spec, you can change your bonus loot to a specific spec, so why not change the proc to a spec. would be the best way to fix this "problem"
    13/13

Monk

Latest PTR build has T15 2 piece being nerfed from 12% to 6% bonus stagger:
    Item - Monk T15 Brewmaster 2P Bonus After Elusive Brew expires, the amount of damage you Stagger is increased by 6%. This effect lasts 1 sec per stack of Elusive Brew consumed.
    It doesn't make it worthless, but it probably makes it weak enough to just upgrade to T16 when possible.

Brewmaster
    Keg Smash (Brewmaster) You smash a keg of brew on the target, dealing
    OLD: [ 292% of Mainhand Min DPS + 146% of Offhand Min DPS + 73.8% of AP - 8 ] to [ 292% of Mainhand Max DPS + 146% of Offhand Max DPS + 73.8% of AP + 8

New:
    [ 359.6% of Mainhand Min DPS + 179.8% of Offhand Min DPS + 90.9% of AP - 10 ] to [ 359.6% of Mainhand Max DPS + 179.8% of Offhand Max DPS + 90.9% of AP + 10 ;] damage to all nearby enemies within 8 yards.
    Nice buff there for Keg Smash...
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    Latest PTR build has T15 2 piece being nerfed from 12% to 6% bonus stagger:

It doesn't make it worthless, but it probably makes it weak enough to just upgrade to T16 when possible.
    My thoughts as well. But the nerf on the PTR to the 2 piece is rather meh. Might even hold off until I get 4 pieces to drop the 2 piece.

Because KS needed a buff...
    Incoming Vengeance nerf.

Yeah it's known that we have hard time to keep up with aggro and under heavy vengeance we really can't keep up; so yeah buffing a "bazillion damage every 6 seconds" attack is absolutely justified with the philosophy of Blizzard, the same that gives DK and Wars a slight buff to help them scaling while we get a huge boost to an embarrassingly hard hitting move.

Yes Blizzard, i'm damn sure you're doing it right!

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    It's datamined from the PTR, don't call it a buff until you see it in the patch notes.

Datamined tooltips act funky all the time.

Deleted
    So the legendary cloaks got datamined and we know one thing for sure now:
    We won't be able to "enchant" the DPS cloak withe the tank proc

At least they don't seem like they're unique.

Deleted
    The normal mode trinkets are available for testing from the Flaskataur on the PTR.

Agi trinket does not work for us unfortunately. As far as I can tell it doesn't reduce the cooldown of any abilities for Brewmaster. It's still the same dumb spells for Windwalkers.

Tank trinket got nerfed to 20% and still reduces the same spells. Fortifying Brew, Zen Meditation, Guard, Transcendence Transfer, Clash, Avert Harm. Note that it increases cooldown rate recovery instead of reducing the cooldown. So the cooldown gets reduced to x/1.2. Guard is 25 seconds, the 3 minute cooldowns 2½ minutes etc. At least it has stamina now instead of that dumb Battlemaster use effect. I feel it's not very good for us. Paladins get a huge amount of use out of it in comparison.

Mastery agi trinket gets a stack reduced for each hit from all abilities. If you're spinning crane kicking on multiple targets, you'll lose 4-5 stacks every second. If you Keg Smash on multiple targets, you lose a stack for each target hit. It's basically trash unless it gets an internal cooldown.

The trinkets in this tier are looking very lackluster to me. Aoe reduction trinket might be interesting depending on boss mechanics. Currently doesn't have a cooldown, but that's probably an error.
    Last edited by mmoc7960b93d6c; 2013-07-03 at 09:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The value of the tank trink varies a lot depending on the fight length. Saying an 8min fight gives you one extra 3min CD and 3 extra Guard's IF! you use them on CD's. Since I don't think boss abilities will line up with the 25 second Guard time very well it's mostly just an EH trinket with the potential to let you squeeze in a few extra CD uses per fight.

I don't think it's a bad EH trinket with almost 3k stamina the effect is just sorta there and better than nothing. I doubt blizz will make a stam trinket that people not looking for a boost in EH would use over our current preferred trinket choices.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    Of the agility trinkets only the Agility+mastery trinket looks appealing. The other 4 either proc for pure damage, don't work for us, or have a silly short duration. You could take the multistrike or cleave trinket for a pure damage option I suppose, but I'd rather have stats that give me both damage and survivability. If the 20-stack agility trinket gets an internal cooldown, it would be a good option.

I've been using 2 agility trinkets this tier, but might be forced into using a stamina trinket or keeping one of the old ones in T15. It'll depend on how high tank damage is in Siege I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    4000 posts, my has this come a long way since MoP.
    I'm pretty certain that the Brewmaster Tanking Guide is by far the largest thread of any of the classes/specs. Go the BM community. I think this (mostly ) quality discussion has probably had a very real impact on BM becoming such a powerful spec.

After a quick check, out of interest, Prot Pally 2nd at 140 pages, Aff Lock 3rd at 130 pages. Smashing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkidy View Post
    I'm pretty certain that the Brewmaster Tanking Guide is by far the largest thread of any of the classes/specs. Go the BM community. I think this (mostly ) quality discussion has probably had a very real impact on BM becoming such a powerful spec.

After a quick check, out of interest, Prot Pally 2nd at 140 pages, Aff Lock 3rd at 130 pages. Smashing it.
    And I get to take ALLLL ((most)) of the credit!

In seriousness I do agree. The BrM community here on MMOC has been absolutely wonderful... we've got them all; theorycrafters, heroic raiders, newbies, guys with those gearing choices that make you think "how in the name of bloody Satan's left pinky toe can he raid??" All that good stuff. It's such a pleasure to know that we've definitely done something of significance here.

Perhaps as a 200 page celebration I'll update the damn thing! :P

I actually do have time tonight, I think. There's some asshole who's disrupting my Shadowrun night.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    don't call it a buff
    it'll be nerfed for years!

...i'll see myself out.

And after hours of slaving over an overheated laptop I do believe I am done... everything SHOULD be up to date to the current 5.4 PTR patch.

Lemme know if I missed something or if there's something you guys think should be added in. I'll look at it tomorrow.

Sleep now.

Ok so tank cloak for me. i was hoping the proc was like a buff for the spec your are in but it's not.
    Kisho talked about the maybe vengeance nerf and that it will stick to 190k AP at a full buff. 190k ap is still good enough. i normally have 90–210 dependes on the boss. so the keg smash buff is really good but i cannot understand it.
    13/13

Monk

Alright Madgod, a few additions, if you can call them that, bout the newly refurbished guide.

On the enchants section, for the cloak, just add in the possibility to put in 180 crit, as you only have 180 hit in there, at some pont we're swimming in so much hit, we rly dont want to enchant it when we can ench crit.

Also, for the Avert Harm, in the Spells section. You should put a little note down there, that it can work as a personal CD against magic damage. If you pop it before taking a magic damage strike, 20% of that will become staggered, and you can PB it off (effectively reducing the hit by 20%).

Other than that, looks complete. Maybe put in the link the BrM Weakauras thread at the bottom, most people who want to play BrM without becoming psychotic, need some form of buff tracking.

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    Ok so tank cloak for me. i was hoping the proc was like a buff for the spec your are in but it's not.
    Kisho talked about the maybe vengeance nerf and that it will stick to 190k AP at a full buff. 190k ap is still good enough. i normally have 90–210 dependes on the boss. so the keg smash buff is really good but i cannot understand it.
    It is confirmed that you can not enchant the dps cloak with the tank enchant, isn't it? I just upgraded the dps' one 2/2. Oh, the feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Alethebeer View Post
    It is confirmed that you can not enchant the dps cloak with the tank enchant, isn't it? I just upgraded the dps' one 2/2. Oh, the feels.
    I just looked at the front page and there are only the items with the proc. would be great if you can choose. it's just ptr and maybe blizz will change it.
    13/13

Monk

Well, the tank cloak isn't thaaat bad, you're just trading haste for dodge - and currently, I don't need that much haste, thanks to the T15 4p. Still have to see how that'll work out in 5.4. I don't think I'll need tons of haste then.

I just looked at the front page and there are only the items with the proc. would be great if you can choose. it's just ptr and maybe blizz will change it.
    Just looked at it, and it seems to be created by "Cloak Transformation Spell 06". We'll see how that works out...
    Last edited by diggorey; 2013-07-04 at 12:26 PM.

By the looks of it they aren't unique, so you could always just get both and switch it out depending on if you need dps or survivability.