Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Of course, the ideal situation is to make this change then add a glyph that says 'Xuen will now taunt off of anyone, whilst in any spec', so Windwalkers and Mistweavers can get a useful tanking pet if they want to as well.
    Why not just add a glyph that allows us to control xuen's taunts, it doesn't need to be another button, just push the button to summon xuen a second time to make him taunt a certain target, rather than automated taunting.

Looks like they changed a number of the taunting pets. Earth Elemental got the same treatment, for example.

In general I like it, but in some specific situations it's nice for Xuen to be able to pick something up off me. Dark Animus comes to mind immediately, but he's also really handy in challenge modes sometimes. Really I'd like it if I could push the Xuen button again while he's out to make him fixate on my current target and taunt it.

Looks like the change to Xuen is live.

Tanked a HC scenario and it would not taunt the bosses off of me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emanuelpf View Post
    Looks like the change to Xuen is live.

Tanked a HC scenario and it would not taunt the bosses off of me.
    He's always had issues with certain bosses in heroics. No real rhyme or reason to it. He was working for me earlier today.

Glad to see they changed Dodge to Expertise, changes my worries about having to go for the tank cloak for the enchant, and it got changed to Unique-Equipped so that means we can hold one of each

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    He's always had issues with certain bosses in heroics. No real rhyme or reason to it. He was working for me earlier today.
    Interesting tidbit. Heroic Dark Animus tonight was a huge clusterf&^$ for us because we had some alts in the raid, etc. However, I started out as Windwalker and Xuen would not taunt my add at all through several attempts. Never taunted it once. I switch to BrM, and he taunted all day long every attempt.

This normal?

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Interesting tidbit. Heroic Dark Animus tonight was a huge clusterf&^$ for us because we had some alts in the raid, etc. However, I started out as Windwalker and Xuen would not taunt my add at all through several attempts. Never taunted it once. I switch to BrM, and he taunted all day long every attempt.

This normal?
    Yeah, that's intentional. See tooltip: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=123904

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Artaius View Post
    Glad to see they changed Dodge to Expertise, changes my worries about having to go for the tank cloak for the enchant, and it got changed to Unique-Equipped so that means we can hold one of each
    Absolutely, great changes. I've got no qualms about going for the tanking cloak now. Glad to see Blizzard are listening to us!

Too bad I can't switch to tanking one now :P

Anyway - we might be going for twins hc today (10 man) - would anybody have some feedback/tips/suggestions for this fight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Too bad I can't switch to tanking one now :P

Anyway - we might be going for twins hc today (10 man) - would anybody have some feedback/tips/suggestions for this fight?
    Brewmasters are awesome on the fight so your guild is lucky to have you.

You'll want to do everyone of the nightmare beasts while aoeing the revealed adds. For this make sure you have a guard and 15 elusive brew stacks ready so you are out of harms way while the nightmare beast is on you. If you don't fuck up, and add revealer does his job you'll be on an easy 250k+ during the first phase.

As soon as the second phase starts you'll want to taunt Suen instantly so she doesn't go beserk on one of the DPS. As this happens all the left over adds will spawn, and there will be quite a few so be ready to spin and keg smash.

Be aware of the fan of flames, you can time your guards to 1 every set of 2 you take, so try to do it on the second if you don't have CDS.

As far as xuen goes I would pop it near pull so it is ready 3 mins after when Suen spawns.

You'll want dampen harm for this fight, even tho diffuse magic nearly nullifies one of the fan of flames it is only 1 where as Dampen Harm will sit on you for a good 45 seconds protecting you from getting getting wooped due to a slow taunt from the other tank or simply to the second stack.

Thanks for the tips. Hopefully it'll help us kill the twins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artaius View Post
    Figures I just picked up the "DPS" cloak yesterday but at least if the tank cloak + enchant turns out to be the best choice I wont have to put up with crappy dodge just cough up some gold for the new one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Thanks for the tips. Hopefully it'll help us kill the twins
    As said this is an amazing fight for BrM and by far one of my favorites this tier (and not just cause I'm top DPS by a mile). I like to pop Xuen on the first Beast spawn since he does cleave damage the add blows up super fast. I also have been using glyphed Guard + Diffuse Magic for the following reasons
    - P1 I noticed my spikiest moments were during the channeled fire AOE (forget name) which often happens with a beast on you. I guess more uptime on Power Guard for heals is a tiny bonus too.
    - P2 Fan of Flames is by far the biggest threat to your existence and often the 2nd stack comes right after a nuclear channel. Pop DM and ignore. There is also no cast time on FoF so found it easier to be able to pop Guard early and not worry about melee eating before the spell.
    - P3 Derp in to a few water waves? No biggie!
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Yo, I have some questions regarding BrM:

I'm a WW monk and we finally killed Lei Shen 25m HC last night - I was the lucky one to do Ra-Den in BRM spec.
    Does anyone have some tips for the fight? I decided on going mastery > Crit > haste for it.

Any tip would be helpful

10+ Year Old Account
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by ruga View Post
    Yo, I have some questions regarding BrM:

I'm a WW monk and we finally killed Lei Shen 25m HC last night - I was the lucky one to do Ra-Den in BRM spec.
    Does anyone have some tips for the fight? I decided on going mastery > Crit > haste for it.

Any tip would be helpful
    1. Keep shuffle up. 2. DPS.

I'm not kidding, that's pretty much all you need to care about.

Long time I didnt ask such a question... I need to ask about if it's worth to keep 4-piece tier. You can see my gear here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ilisa/advanced

I wouldn't ask the question if I didnt get recently: rockfall ribwraps (535) (http://www.wowhead.com/item=96423) and grips of vampiric cruelty (541) (http://www.wowhead.com/item=96796). I have enough valor to upgrade both of them.

Would higher ilvl be better in this case? I'm confused a bit here. Yet, I was never good at deciding tier vs better non-tier gear :P

Thanks a lot for help.

You can think of the 4pc as a 40 energy proc, with a bonus that it saves you the GCD to spend it on Jab, but the downside that you can only use the Chi on PB. It's a 10% proc on taking stagger damage, so you should average a proc every 10s while tanking. 40 energy every 10s is 4 E/s, which would normally take you 40% haste to get; this is 17k haste rating, or 14.8k with Ascension.

In practice, you probably won't be able to use all the procs before they get overwritten. Also it doesn't have the full value of haste, because it obviously it doesn't help with shuffle uptime, DPS, EB generation, raid guards, etc. So I'm going to arbitrarily say it's only worth a third of the value of true haste, and value it as 5.6k haste, or 5k with ascension.

So if you're going to get 5k+ stats from the higher ilvl, then sure, go for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconslicer View Post
    So if you're going to get 5k+ stats from the higher ilvl, then sure, go for it.
    I would go further and even say it's only worth it if you use PB more than 3-4 times per minute in the course of a fight. I don't even really use PB much any more except for certain fights. I have the other 2 pieces of the 4-set sitting in my bank and I just use the higher ilvl/better itemized stuff.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    I would go further and even say it's only worth it if you use PB more than 3-4 times per minute in the course of a fight. I don't even really use PB much any more except for certain fights. I have the other 2 pieces of the 4-set sitting in my bank and I just use the higher ilvl/better itemized stuff.
    That's what I do now. If it's farm content and weak hitting bosses I'll drop my 4 set for my HTF chest and Helm just for the higher stats. But on fights like Lei Shen I keep my 4set going as I tend to PB more on those kind of fights.

Deleted
    Hi fellow brewers!

After 8 years of tanking as protection warrior, i rerolled Monk a week ago, and loving it so far! But i got a question that i cant figure out by my own, since so many threads sais different. What is optimal as Brewmaster, DW or 2h wep? I got the axe(from council) and the mace(from animus)both heroic and the stave from Horridon also heroic to choose between(non Thunderforged unfortunately, all 3 are plain Heroic). I play in a 10m causal guild with 13/13 Hc trying to compete with other 9 hours a week guilds, and stay in the top 5 among full swedish guilds. So what would fit best in my situation?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Elvadriendra View Post
    Hi fellow brewers!

After 8 years of tanking as protection warrior, i rerolled Monk a week ago, and loving it so far! But i got a question that i cant figure out by my own, since so many threads sais different. What is optimal as Brewmaster, DW or 2h wep? I got the axe(from council) and the mace(from animus)both heroic and the stave from Horridon also heroic to choose between(non Thunderforged unfortunately, all 3 are plain Heroic). I play in a 10m causal guild with 13/13 Hc trying to compete with other 9 hours a week guilds, and stay in the top 5 among full swedish guilds. So what would fit best in my situation?

Thanks!
    Basically it doesn't matter if the ilvl is the same. Go with whatever has the best stat allocation. Try and not steal too much loot from the other agi specs in your raid, so if you have a combat rogue and an enh shaman in your raid, maybe think about letting them take the 1h drops and using 2h yourself.