10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    hehe cant get that i have to ask this but, galakras flex, 1 keg and i got every damn mob on me> barerly time to get shuffle etc up> dead.

how should i handle these add waves? avoid KS until other tank got some aggro or? cuz as it stands now i got totally wrecked
    If you're dilligent enough about BoKing, then you can actually maintain a full uptime of shuffle on this fight even with the downtime. The very first wave is a fairly small wave so it honestly shouldn't be a problem, but if you are having a problem on the first wave then open it up with a disarm on a bonecrusher or even a ring of peace. If you're still having trouble with shuffle then the disarm/RoP tactic will work well for most waves. I've never personally had an issue with being bursted down though, even when solo tanking P1 on normal (our pally tank gave up on outthreatting RJW+KS very quickly).

Feels good man. Killed Immerseus just once on heroic and he gave me a supercharged weapon on a bonus roll. I don't even have the valor to upgrade it right now lol.

/brag

hehe cant get that i have to ask this but, galakras flex, 1 keg and i got every damn mob on me> barerly time to get shuffle etc up> dead.

how should i handle these add waves? avoid KS until other tank got some aggro or? cuz as it stands now i got totally wrecked
    If you die on the weaves then you probably are not geared enough for the fight or go for the wrong stats entirely. As a brewmaster you really have to get used to be holding ALL the aggro on thrash. There's just no other option, well maybe if you'd let the other tank go in first and wait like 10 minutes before engaging yourself :-P

If getting shuffle up on time is the problems, then as soon as you are in range of the group, provoke one of the melee mobs. He'll reach you before the rest because of the speed buff. KS him and get shuffle up then pop RJW. Should be just in time for the rest of the group. KS again when it's off CD and you will have everything on you that RJW didn't already aggro. If you get smashed even with shuffle up, then use FB, disarm, RoP/Leg sweep.
    Last edited by szandos; 2013-10-09 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by szandos View Post
    If getting shuffle up on time is the problems, then as soon as you are in range of the group, provoke one of the melee mobs. He'll reach you before the rest because of the speed buff. KS him and get shuffle up then pop RJW. Should be just in time for the rest of the group. KS again when it's off CD and you will have everything on you that RJW didn't already aggro. If you get smashed even with shuffle up, then use FB, disarm, RoP/Leg sweep.
    This was a great advice. never thought of the taunt mechanic due to main being dk and all

cheers for this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banadona View Post
    If you die on the weaves then you probably are not geared enough for the fight or go for the wrong stats entirely.
    I did the Galakras wing of Flex on my 486 DK so I would have to say gear isn't a requirement and issues would be related to play + CD use choices. Ironically did LFR after Flex cause I had to buy a BP to meet the min iLevel. I would post up some logs as even the 1st wave of adds should be manageable so maybe something else is going on. As mentioned you can go ahead and use Fort Brew here not any other time it's really needed so no point saving it.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Hey guys, got a huge problem, had a few weeks of off time, went back and guild was progressing after dark shamans 10N, today at reset i got in and well I got destroyed royally on iron jugg and shamans. I had my cloak proccing atleast 10-15 times with 3 healers(1 being quite not good as the other 2, but we know), basically I did do as I always do, I had back on lei shen some issues with my uptimes but today was fine, I'm not sure what's happening, I was basically getting almost one-hit by juggernaut and the frost-strike-thingie one of the 2 shamans(the wall one, can't remember the name).

I'm currently probably a bit undergeared or atleast I feel so, I'm running the tank cloak and dps meta, contemplating of changing to tank meta, didn't do it yet because I have notchanged my head and thought it was fine, I'm running with a crit build, so I'm wondering: should I change to mastery or gear more for survivability? I'm also thinking of breaking the 4pc since I have around 7k haste++ and got 553 shoulders, what would you say? I don't have logs for the night sadly since I wasn't ready for this of a beating... http://eu.battle.net/wow/it/characte...uyuki/advanced updated armory as of tonight, no clues on how to improve on the survivability besides changing to mastery and tank meta. I also have LFR RoR, and a couple pieces that can be changed, but not really much dropped for me <.< guild isn't too hardcore either so kinda hard to get much gear besides flex and normal.

@Neviskio

To pinpoint what's exactly going wrong, it'd be nice if you had some logs. I took the time to check to see if you had any, but your guild hasn't recorded any raids since the first week of SoO I think it was.

You should prepare to guard when Earthbreaker Harrom (the melee guy) is about to apply the 5th stack of the Froststorm Strike debuff (ie the 5th attack), so ideally the 2nd and the 5th. The rest you can save some energy and prepare to expel harm immediately after.

Now, I don't know anything about Italian, but i'm guessing that "Celerità" is "Haste", and apparently you have 8k. Basically it's a bit much, but it should mean that you can easily Expel Harm after each Froststorm attack, so there shouldn't be any real reason for you dying, except for bad decision making, when using your abilities.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

i suggest using the tanking meta if you're having trouble on surviving. just checking my kill on dark shamans tonight, it had a 45% uptime of 20% reduced damage, which is pretty solid. what you should try out is glyphing guard, and using it after the 3rd stack of froststorm strike, so it fully covers 4 and partially covers 5- this is the burst damage which will kill you. also remember to use dampen harm often on stacks 3 4 and 5.
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

We managed to kill Immeseus hc yesterday (boo, no staff :P). Do you guys have any tips for the next 2-3 bosses?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    We managed to kill Immeseus hc yesterday (boo, no staff :P). Do you guys have any tips for the next 2-3 bosses?
    Fallen protectors:
    Tank Softfoot, and have him on focus and keep reapplying it after every anguish phase. Save EB for when he does his poisons, and watch out for gouge. Use RWJ for the fight, lots to AOE lots of deeps to do.

Norushen: If you go down early hold onto Xuen. Otherwise it is just tank and spank, you should be able to pull some pretty decent numbers if you go down early. Use dampen harm for the later stacks from the boss. Try to use it early, then you'll have it up for almost every tank swap.

Sha of Pride:
    /focus the other tank. Have RWJ if the adds are a problem and spec into diffuse magic. Be sharp on taunt when the "Wounded Pride" debuff is applied.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neviskio View Post
    Hey guys, got a huge problem, had a few weeks of off time, went back and guild was progressing after dark shamans 10N, today at reset i got in and well I got destroyed royally on iron jugg and shamans. I had my cloak proccing atleast 10-15 times with 3 healers(1 being quite not good as the other 2, but we know), basically I did do as I always do, I had back on lei shen some issues with my uptimes but today was fine, I'm not sure what's happening, I was basically getting almost one-hit by juggernaut and the frost-strike-thingie one of the 2 shamans(the wall one, can't remember the name).

I'm currently probably a bit undergeared or atleast I feel so, I'm running the tank cloak and dps meta, contemplating of changing to tank meta, didn't do it yet because I have notchanged my head and thought it was fine, I'm running with a crit build, so I'm wondering: should I change to mastery or gear more for survivability? I'm also thinking of breaking the 4pc since I have around 7k haste++ and got 553 shoulders, what would you say? I don't have logs for the night sadly since I wasn't ready for this of a beating... http://eu.battle.net/wow/it/characte...uyuki/advanced updated armory as of tonight, no clues on how to improve on the survivability besides changing to mastery and tank meta. I also have LFR RoR, and a couple pieces that can be changed, but not really much dropped for me <.< guild isn't too hardcore either so kinda hard to get much gear besides flex and normal.
    You should change to tank meta, it isn't strictly speaking necessary for any normals but it's a good start if you have survivability problems and I see high uptimes on fights that I'm constantly tanking something.

Now without logs it's hard to add anything (besides maybe drop the extra haste and keep the 4pc until you can change at least 2 pieces). The one thing I can say though, is that dark shamans was the only fight that gave me a hard time on normal. Then, on one of our farm kills we did the 3 tank split tactic and the fight became a joke.

PS. With 3 tanks you start by AoEing the dogs and the shamans. Then when they shamans are close to 85% you bring earthbreaker inside the room he's initially in (or somewhere far away from the group). You have 2 tanks and 1 healer with earthbreaker (I think we also had a ranged DPS with no AoE, doesn't matter too much). Then you perform the tank swap normally and you pay attention to not kill anyone or get killed by the ashen wall and the green line thingy. Basically each group has to deal only with the mechanics of one boss which trivializes the fight.

Deleted

I'm currently probably a bit undergeared or atleast I feel so, I'm running the tank cloak and dps meta, contemplating of changing to tank meta, didn't do it yet because I have notchanged my head and thought it was fine, I'm running with a crit build, so I'm wondering: should I change to mastery or gear more for survivability? I'm also thinking of breaking the 4pc since I have around 7k haste++ and got 553 shoulders, what would you say? I don't have logs for the night sadly since I wasn't ready for this of a beating... updated armory as of tonight, no clues on how to improve on the survivability besides changing to mastery and tank meta. I also have LFR RoR, and a couple pieces that can be changed, but not really much dropped for me <.< guild isn't too hardcore either so kinda hard to get much gear besides flex and normal.
    A few simple tips,
    1: if you are taking too much damage, you need more mastery to smooth out the melee attacks, EH is your most effective tool towards staying alive.
    2: always use the tank cloak and the tank gem due to the nerfs
    3: On fights like iron juggernaut and shamans glyph of the guard helps ALOT, because you will never die from the melee damage
    4: Don't use your CD:s when they are up. Plan ahead, for example: use guard on 2nd, 5th and 8th use Dampen harm on 6-9 and if you still haven't swapped tanks, use FB as a heavy CD
    5: the most important, swap early enough! you can swap at 5 stacks onward (on shamans).

P.S: Haste is a good stat, especially with heavy mastery builds or if you are unsure of your play style as it allows more mistakes. You will gain more if you gem for expertise/crit or mastery for red sockets and instead reforge expertise out from gear, try not to gem agility

Thanks for the info guys, I'll try to get a log for our next run, apparently no one did it yesterday and I totally forgot -_- Yeah I actually changed to tank meta, considering to drop 4pc for offset shoulders in the meantime, also forgot to change from IT to EN armory...woops.

Sadly we can't 3 tank it as I suggested my guild, because we have huge trouble recruiting and we are missing tanks/healers/dps lately, barely raiding at all if someone isn't online like tonight, so kinda working with what we got, that's also why I had probably more issues since our 3rd healer isn't really viable to raid on progress usually since he panics easily and has trouble healing in general.

I'll probably drop a bit of haste for mastery though I kinda liked the huge haste, been playing with 4.5k in 5.3 and this felt quite better, but probably wasn't better for survival. I was considering using the new shoulders even while dropping the 4 pieces because I generally had issues with being almost oneshot, didn't feel healers had problems with stagger so I'm guessing I can live without the stagger proc of 4pc if I don't get killed right there, and 2pc is probably coming my way soon since I haven't done most of the flex wings... Kinda trying to think of any solution, never had such a bad experience from 5.0 to 5.4 as yesterday, was quite embarassing since I basically was going 100%-5% every hit <.<

read now vutk post since I was writing, one thing I think I should mention that was worrying me: I know about the cd's but on shamans after 2 stack if I don't chain cd big ones, I basically die at 3-4 stacks, and that's what I felt was horribly wrong. Our first 2 tries I died from 100% to 0% at his 4th stack(well didn't actually, but tank meta procced, and got almost killed by his melee attacks) so had to work with healers a full cd rotation, everytime we missed that I actually died xD

Wish I had logs now -_-
    Last edited by Neviskio; 2013-10-10 at 11:25 AM.

read now vutk post since I was writing, one thing I think I should mention that was worrying me: I know about the cd's but on shamans after 2 stack if I don't chain cd big ones, I basically die at 3-4 stacks, and that's what I felt was horribly wrong. Our first 2 tries I died from 100% to 0% at his 4th stack(well didn't actually, but tank meta procced, and got almost killed by his melee attacks) so had to work with healers a full cd rotation, everytime we missed that I actually died xD

Wish I had logs now -_-
    1 thing to mention on dark shamans is they can actually be disarmed, so rop and disarm weapon can definitely make it a bit easier to survive, not sure if this reduces the damage froststorm strike does but it shud definitely help a bit

As i tryed before and the result is that only the disarm works, RoP was not working at least when i tryed.

Deleted
    Hey,
    i ran in to a weird issue last night while doing dark shamans 10hc. i usually respec to ww, eat the random 300 feast food and respec back to brm to get the agi food buff. last night when doing this i got absurdly low vengeance(60k-80k) while the other tank got 150k-250k on the first few melee attacks. we tank the boss in 2 seperate groups(2tanks including me+1 healer on earthbraker, tank/healer/dps on wavebinder) while tanking earthbreaker far away.
    after resetting the boss(and thus not having to eat for the next pull), eating the food in brm spec or relogging seemed to fix it.. might have to stop eating agility food that way if this keeps on.
    has anyone experienced this before?

Quote Originally Posted by ongu01 View Post
    Hey,
    i ran in to a weird issue last night while doing dark shamans 10hc. i usually respec to ww, eat the random 300 feast food and respec back to brm to get the agi food buff. last night when doing this i got absurdly low vengeance(60k-80k) while the other tank got 150k-250k on the first few melee attacks. we tank the boss in 2 seperate groups(2tanks including me+1 healer on earthbraker, tank/healer/dps on wavebinder) while tanking earthbreaker far away.
    after resetting the boss(and thus not having to eat for the next pull), eating the food in brm spec or relogging seemed to fix it.. might have to stop eating agility food that way if this keeps on.
    has anyone experienced this before?
    GOD YES! Thok is a prime example and seeing as how I nearly ALWAYS respec to get agility food I notice I will get usually 50-60% of the vengeance my warrior cotank gets. It is a once in a blue moon deal when I can breakk 300k vengeance on any boss aside from H Siegecrafter atm and even then its like a prayer has been answered. I will test this more tonight and forgoe the extra agility and do straight stam food from the noodle carts and get back to you with my oh so wonderfullios findings.

Deleted
    guys, I've read the guide, and understand abilities and stats. But My fresh 90 BM monk is 482 ilvl, and I'm wandering if EH (stam+mastery) is more viable than crit ? Since I'll raid undergeared for the content I'm aiming at (flex and lfr ToT+soo)