Unless you can make sure you're not getting a second Blood Rage phase, you should see about trying to survive the first one without using Fort Brew. If you can do that, and then make sure that you're not going to get a second one, then using Fort Brew will reduce your damage taken by a huge amount. Also, are you using the 4p or no? Because the 4p is a large chunk heal after each purify and essentially makes it so that healers don't have to worry about you but throw up hots as you'll heal yourself a large chunk of your missing health.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    If you're 10m? I use the Cooldown trinket so that FB and Zen Med are up for both things, then I just Zen Med the first 8 seconds of his cleave, Dampen harm the next 3 swings, then Fort Brew through the rest of it. Hit guard when your vengeance gets high. If it's 25m I can't help you much... would assume you'd just want to throw some externals in there.

I tried using the Protectors trinket but I personally think the Malk one is better as it lets your CDs be up for both blood rages. The dmg reduc on Rook's is too over the top for 10m.
    He didn't mention he had the Malkrok one, so assuming he doesn't. He only mentioned he had the Protectors trinket.

Yeah i got 4p bonus, and no i dont have the cooldown trinket. So if we're getting two bloodrages, and i need to take the first one without fort brew, would zen med - dampen harm and rook trinket into a guard be enough to survive?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Yeah i got 4p bonus, and no i dont have the cooldown trinket. So if we're getting two bloodrages, and i need to take the first one without fort brew, would zen med - dampen harm and rook trinket into a guard be enough to survive?
    Without the CD Reduction trinket you also have the option of 2 tank soaking the 2nd bloodrage, the tank who was taking fatal strikes prior needs some bonus externals though.

But yeah, if you wait for your dampen harm charges to drop, then pop trinket + guard, then pop zen med with 8 sec left on blood rage it should be doable as long as your healers are paying attention to you. Having the 4p ontop of that is definitely a bonus for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Can anyone give me a semi-decent cooldown rotation for solotanking malkorok hc's bloodrage? I got the hc wf stamina trinket from protectors, so that can be included aswell.
    I don't have cd reduction trinket too, only a normal protector trinket. This is what I use in 10man kills.

1st bloodrage- Use Fortify brew and Protectors trinket at start, then Dampen harm after trinket effect gone. Use Guard/chi wave/expel harm when ur health gets low. Purify on every 1-2 hits.

2nd bloodrage- Zen meditation for 8sec, then Protectors trinket and Dampen harm. Then Fortify brew when it is up (It should be up again at last 8 sec of bloodrage). Use your Guard/chi wave/expel harm only when ur health gets low. Purify on every 1-2 hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never really tried this so not sure from personal use, but will Zen Med last the whole duration or get taken off on the first tick of Bloodrage? Have I have CDR and Rook so never really need to use Zen Med but was unsure in case I want to switch the CDR or Rook's with a mutli-strike trinket for next week.

Blood Rage is a physical ability he does, but it is NOT a melee attack. Think of it like a Spell he casts that does physical damage.

Deleted
    Hey guys, can i have your opinion on RJW; is a single target dps increase / decrease and is it worth taking over the tiger?

Thanks <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suplift View Post
    Hey guys, can i have your opinion on RJW; is a single target dps increase / decrease and is it worth taking over the tiger?

Thanks <3
    It is a single target dps increase, even if it only hits one target. It's never worth taking over Xuen for single target dps though. If you can hit 3 targets throughout the entire fight but only care about single target damage (think paragons) the difference is probably not so big, but Xuen should probably still come out on top (haven't done the math for that particular scenario though).

RJW also allows you to pick up adds easier.

Xuen provides good burst, including AoE burst, and can be aligned with cooldowns and high vengeance.

How much mastery are you guys running with, with a crit build? I can get to about 50% crit and about 8,75% mastery if i go full crit, but im kinda worried about the low:ish mastery, especially since im gonna tank thok and blackfuse relatively soon (hc)

11400 mastery, and 14800 crit. Raid buffed it's 20% mastery and about 55% crit.

Only boss stacking a bit of mastery is really super helpful is Garrosh (or thok if you're solo tanking it) but its not super neccessary. Whatever mastery you have from gear is generally fine, just don't reforge out of it and stick to lower haste. Really how much mastery will depend on your playstyle and your healers. If you're 25 man you're more likely to favor mastery because bosses hit harder, but you'll also have a dedicated healer so you could probably go either way if you really wanted.

If you feel like you're stressing your healers go a little bit heavier into mastery but there really is no right or wrong way to go. Its up to you the player to find your comfort zone.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    but you'll also have a dedicated healer
    I'm pretty sure I never have a dedicated healer except maybe on Thok. We generally run 4-5 healers, with 8 on Thok.

Think I have like 5-6k with 17-18k crit? 13/14h 10m. Only times I've ever felt it wasn't enough was near the very end of Paragons, tanking Ka'roz/Iyyokuk during Reave. Siegecrafter could give me a good drubbing during his haste buff but tank cloak was fine enough for that. Garrosh isn't really threatening, and honestly I pretty much never died using DPS cloak on Thok, I just don't feel like his tank damage is that significant outside of breaths.
    Last edited by Quotey; 2013-12-11 at 02:56 AM.
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

Thok's tank damage is significant at about panic 6+ but yeah I agree its not that bad. I like mastery because I don't trust healers other than myself, and I've got a pretty significant amount of crit even stacking mastery so I go for making myself more self sufficient. It really is up to you the user, and how your healers react to the damage you take. If you or they feel you're spikey just put on more mastery till you no longer feel such.

I was also under the impression of higher tank damage in 25m = more healers and/or a dedicated healer who just spams the tank. I'll admit its been a while since I raided heroic 25m.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

since guild finally said i could reroll monk for raiding i got a few questions. got my first hc raid with my monk tonight (550 ilvl). should i get more EH or mastery to handle the slightly lower gear?

also curios about immersus, protectors(tanking rook), norushen and pride. what would be best between Dampen Harm and Diffuse Magic, i can see both useful on all 4 fights but cant really decide which one is most useful on what fight.

checked some BrM pov videos but curious if there is any fights except immersus and pride where transcendence could be really usefull
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    since guild finally said i could reroll monk for raiding i got a few questions. got my first hc raid with my monk tonight (550 ilvl). should i get more EH or mastery to handle the slightly lower gear?

also curios about immersus, protectors(tanking rook), norushen and pride. what would be best between Dampen Harm and Diffuse Magic, i can see both useful on all 4 fights but cant really decide which one is most useful on what fight.

checked some BrM pov videos but curious if there is any fights except immersus and pride where transcendence could be really usefull
    Mastery is EH. Eh is a combo of stam and mastery. Mastery is your best bet. I use healing elixers for almost everything. None of them hit extremely hard. Im at 6/14 25 man. You should be fine 10 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathzero View Post
    Mastery is EH. Eh is a combo of stam and mastery. Mastery is your best bet. I use healing elixers for almost everything. None of them hit extremely hard. Im at 6/14 25 man. You should be fine 10 man.
    sorry. bit tired. was refering to EH or critt!

hmm ok. so basically between those 2 i can just take whatever i want and just use at proper time i guess then
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

sorry. bit tired. was refering to EH or critt!

hmm ok. so basically between those 2 i can just take whatever i want and just use at proper time i guess then
    This is the alt of my other tank for our 25H run. He tanked Immerseus, Protectors, and Dark Shaman with it. We ended up having an issue on Protectors, and the RL made both of us swap back to our mains, but he said "I was getting hit, but I wasn't getting wrecked. But I was taking some hard hits"

Generally, the only fights I'll swap out of Healing Elixirs is Thok and Siegecrafter so far. But I'm also not tanking Immerseus for very long, as I pick up the adds that spawn and I generally only take 3-4 total breaths over the course of the fight (I tank him from when he comes up until the adds spawn, which is 1 breath cast.)

Doing 10's, you're probably fine with your mastery level until you reach the heavy hitters in the last 4 bosses. The first 10 are pretty jokey as far as tank damage goes.

Healing Elixirs is imo the best for the first two bosses. nothing that really warrents DH or DM on those fights. Breaths can be soaked with guard every time that you'll soak them (we only ever get 2 breaths a phase in my guild and I just take the first). on protectors I haven't tanked rook personally... always did He since I run around with him during sun/rooks desperate measures and tank misery on top of one of the dispares. Depends on your strat, i find healing elixirs best there though. DH might be better for rook tanking.

I take DH on Norushen since I tank him the entire fight w/o dropping stacks for awhile and it's nice to have DH to knock down the dmg on his large hit (unleashed anger or something). If you're tank swapping more often, healing elixirs would be better.

Healing elixirs on pride. There's no reason to take anything else. Guard is up for each swelling so you should never really take spike damage unless you stand in the anima font things the rifts throw out.

Personally, I would just go full crit for the first few bosses and throw on a stam flask if you feel like you're taking a lot of damage. a lot of the damage you take on the first few is magic damage anyway, so mastery won't help. I think I was sub 560 for the first kills on the first 4 bosses, and I'm 99% sure I went full crit on all of them.

Deleted
    Interesting that people use HE so often. I think it's pretty much garbage and I think I've only actually used it for one kill and that was Paragons, and looking back I'd much rather have Dampen for Ka'roz or Diffuse for Fiery Edge.
    I know I toyed around with it when working on Spoils but having Dampen on the Mogu boss specials feels much more useful.

Maybe I'm just thinking about it in the wrong way.