Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalya View Post
    I find it to be fine, threat is of no problem for me, 1 Keg Smash pretty much picks up all the mobs you'd ever want. You have an 8 sec CD AOE taunt, Drunken Haze that generates quite a bit of threat, and SCK which easily grabs up all the mobs you'd ever want. I'm hovering between 30-45k DPS on single target (bosses for the most part) and depending on the pull, I've been up to 300k AOE DPS in Scholo and Jade Serpent Temple HC.

Mitigation... well, for the most part there is no problem, I haven't really got a comparison from my healers, but what it looks like is that I spike and drop about the same as our DK tank (458 ilvl, just as me) some packs I take almost no damage at all, even while focusing only on DPS (BoF, SCK and KS on CD), while on other packs I can drop like a sack of flour with all my Chi focused on tanking (healer needing to spamheal me), this usually only happens when pulling 2-3 packs though, last pack with the cats in Mogu'shan is pretty hardcore though.

I run with 4800-something expertise, 2400 hit (hit and expertise hard cap for heroics), about 12% haste, really low mastery (4.4% or so) and 21% crit, no dodge and no parry rating.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...edryn/advanced is my monk.

Edit: 334k hp right now as windwalker, but I have around 385k as brewmaster.
    I just seem to have big issues keeping up enough stacks of elusive brew most of the time, i find myself often with it off cooldown, and only 3 stacks on it, or sometimes none at all, i just did Shadowpan Monastary and i got absolutely fucking wrecked by the monk packs with the hatred balls, and the regenerating sha's. Im not really sure yet what i did wrong there, but dear god i think my healer had several heart attacks there.

Quote Originally Posted by seigert View Post
    Don't you forget about BoF? Not only (DH-)KS-BoF-Jab-(Jab-)BK gives you pretty large chunk of threat AND dot on all enemies, but also glyphed BoF disorients thrash mobs for 3 seconds, which gives you just enough time to start Shuffling/Guarding.
    yeah i missed that out on purpose.. the general idea was to give the person that asked the question an idea of how to stay alive during the initial pull while giving him enough threat to keep mobs attached to him.

Although looking at it now, with Power Strikes, id probablly go:

DH> KS > Guard> Jab> BoF> Jabx2 > BoK.

That would give you the initial threat, put your shield up, then generate more threat before finally putting on a bit more mitigation, atleast whilst levelling, if you decide to do dungeons.

At level 90 i could be wrong, but im sur a level 90 would give more of an insight.

Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    yeah i missed that out on purpose.. the general idea was to give the person that asked the question an idea of how to stay alive during the initial pull while giving him enough threat to keep mobs attached to him.

Although looking at it now, with Power Strikes, id probablly go:

DH> KS > Guard> Jab> BoF> Jabx2 > BoK.

That would give you the initial threat, put your shield up, then generate more threat before finally putting on a bit more mitigation, atleast whilst levelling, if you decide to do dungeons.

At level 90 i could be wrong, but im sur a level 90 would give more of an insight.
    As a level 90, that's basically how I pull. Sometimes I'll do two DH's, but only one's usually necessary. My threat is INSANE. Ha, jokes.

Speaking of, hopefully sometime today I'll be able to do something that I've wanted to do for a while... record my heroic dungeon runs.

That'd be nice... i've seen your first 3 videos for the brewmaster, they were great on helping me get prepared for it before mists.

And the guides definately great, however you still need to add a Macro section, as that'd save alot of time for people having to trawl through the pages to find macros.

That'd be nice... i've seen your first 3 videos for the brewmaster, they were great on helping me get prepared for it before mists.

And the guides definately great, however you still need to add a Macro section, as that'd save alot of time for people having to trawl through the pages to find macros.
    Yeah, that's certainly something that could be added. I've only seen a couple okayish macros though, and only one I'd find important (the one for provoke + statue).

Yeah i was looking for one, but then a few pages ago i posted what i was using, which works fine.

Theres another around here somewhere for Tiger Palm and Guard which is actually great too.. since Guard isnt on the GCD and can be used at any time... although, i do wish they'd allow you to use it during SCK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i was looking for one, but then a few pages ago i posted what i was using, which works fine.

Theres another around here somewhere for Tiger Palm and Guard which is actually great too.. since Guard isnt on the GCD and can be used at any time... although, i do wish they'd allow you to use it during SCK.
    I tried macro'ing Guard in with KS, Jab, TP, and EH and it worked fine. I have a WA set up to tell me when Guard is coming off CD so I know when I need to build 2 Chi or if my next press of those four abilities will eat 2 of my Chi or not. If you want to delay Guard for some reason and have 2+ Chi just burn a BoK or PB.
    Code:
    #showtooltip <spell name>
    /cast Guard
    /cast <spell name>
    If anyone can tell me how to turn off the annoying "That spell isn't ready yet" spam? My panda sounds cute and all but I'm getting tired of hearing it =P I don't need an audio clue to know if a spell is on CD or not.

Also, Elusive Brew and Provoke are both off the GCD so might be able to get creative there.

Also, I saw the Provoke+Ox macro but was wondering if someone has figured out a way to directly cast Provoke at the statue? I don't like the switching target macro's but that's just personal preference. I was thinking something like this:
    /cast [@Pet:<correct statue name>] Provoke
    Does anyone know if the Ox Statue is considered a pet? If so just need to figure out the name for it and that macro would work without swapping targets. Plus if that works you can do fancier stuff like check if the statue exist and then it would provoke your current target instead ect.

In regards to threat I have zero problems in both dungeons and questing, doesn't sound like it's an issue at 90 so far either. I actually had the problem of getting myself swarmed while questing cause KS would be enough alone to pull mobs of players fighting stuff nearby....
    Last edited by SurrealNight; 2012-09-28 at 03:24 PM.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Also, I saw the Provoke+Ox macro but was wondering if someone has figured out a way to directly cast Provoke at the statue? I don't like the switching target macro's but that's just personal preference. I was thinking something like this:
    /cast [@Pet:<correct statue name>] Provoke
    Does anyone know if the Ox Statue is considered a pet? If so just need to figure out the name for it and that macro would work without swapping targets. Plus if that works you can do fancier stuff like check if the statue exist and then it would provoke your current target instead ect.
    Statue is not considered as a pet, no, i've already tried that.. by modifying my old DK Macro aswell lol.

the best way to do it would likely be the one we worked out a few pages back;

#showtooltip Provoke
    /target Black Ox Statue
    /cast Provoke
    /targetlasttarget

Means you can target something, use that and still be attacking the same mob. If there was a macro that could be used to set as a focus, then you could also do that and use it as a focus macro instead or a proper target macro, although id rather lay it down myself and use the macro above to just taunt the statue when needed, it works fine without any problems.

Yeah, i did end up stealing your Guard Macro atleast for Tiger Palm anyway, if i have to tooltip set to guard then i can see the cooldown too, even with miniscule unit frames lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    If anyone can tell me how to turn off the annoying "That spell isn't ready yet" spam? My panda sounds cute and all but I'm getting tired of hearing it =P I don't need an audio clue to know if a spell is on CD or not.

It's under game Sound settings. The checkbox is "Error Speech" I believe....I find it totally useless on all my toons except my Warrior, but I like the big Tauren "Not enough Rage" or "Need more Rage"...if only I could get him to turn Green

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    It's under game Sound settings. The checkbox is "Error Speech" I believe....I find it totally useless on all my toons except my Warrior, but I like the big Tauren "Not enough Rage" or "Need more Rage"...if only I could get him to turn Green
    Thanks would drive me crazy eventually. Not as bad as my Worgen though at least Pandaren voices are better *logs in to change on hunter first*
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

just grinded my monk to 80ish level with dungeons
    would like to say its superfast if you have a nice healer.
    i found a very fast strategy were you can basically pull the whole instance without ever having to stop running because you can basically kite everything since you are faster. it works this way
    when you reach a group give them the brew debuff 1 time, use keg smash (or jab if ks is on CD) and breath of fire 1 time. BoF glyph disorients them what gives you like a second of running time. after that regardless of how much hp they have roll or charge to the next group and repeat. when you basically are at the end of the instance having like 1000000 mobs running to you just throw the brew debuff and aoe them down with Keg Smash Breath of Fire(to disorient them what prevents a lot of dmg) and spinning crane kick (if you have it at that level). its pretty simple because they all wont come at the same time but shortly after each other. if many come at the same time you can stun all of them with your level 45 or 60 talent (not sure which lvl i got it lol)

i used this strategy till i came to the BC instances with high success especially in uldaman and BRD. in BC instances i also used SCK from time to time but that strat works just perfect as long as your healer is a monk (because of roll and kiting you will run faster than any mob or other class) and can follow you.

i also have a question
    i dont really see the necessarity of elusive brew. why should we need a 9 sec cooldown? its stupidity in my opinion
    i just made a macro on jab BoK and SCK to basically use it whenever its ready and it has atleast 1 stack. i dont really see why i should press that button after stacks are full.
    with that macro i have maximal uptime of it and i think bosses which have short big dmg phases were it would be smart to wait for max stacks before using it are damn rare.
    have i missed or fucked up something here or do you guys agree with me?
    Last edited by Raegwyn; 2012-09-29 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Hmm.... is it WAI that when your current target dies you lose your stacks of Power Guard?

noticed it today in a random dungeon, makes TP on trash/adds in boss fights pretty much useless.
    I noticed the same and it's really annoying. I try to stack it to three before using guard but at times the target dies and I lose all the stacks. I have noticed myself keeping it randomly though after the mob is dead, so maybe it's bugged?

Raegwyn, let me answer your question with another question.

If you had a cooldown that would reduce damage taken by 20% for 10 seconds and had a 1 minute cooldown, would you macro it to an ability or would you use it often, but at times save it for when it was especially useful?

You should never macro an ability that can be used as a mitigation tool to something else so it's auto-used on cooldown. That diminishes the value of the ability. You will get maximum uptime, sure, but if you can't survive a big hit (and trust me, bosses have these kinds of things WAY more often than you think), then all that uptime doesn't mean jack. It's not even necessarily about how long that spike is, it's simply the fact that you will want to have EB up for that, and if you have it macroed and time your moves wrong, which is extremely likely, then you'll miss out on 30 (35 with 2 piece tier 14)% dodge for that spike. That's a lot of lost avoidance and not something that, as a tank, I would want to leave up to chance.

Deleted
    hey guys, what are you thinking about dampen harm vs healing elixirs? atm im going for healing elixirs, basically because selfheal is a good thing in heroics, but i guess dampen harm should be stronger when it comes to raiding?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirey View Post
    hey guys, what are you thinking about dampen harm vs healing elixirs? atm im going for healing elixirs, basically because selfheal is a good thing in heroics, but i guess dampen harm should be stronger when it comes to raiding?
    I think it depends on the fight. They say if you're looking at a big magic damage fight, you're going to need Diffuse Magic. If you're looking at a fight that has a high damage phase, you'll want Dampen Harm. If you think you're fine without a damage reduction CD or you just need some extra healing, go with Elixir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DuskDragon View Post
    I noticed the same and it's really annoying. I try to stack it to three before using guard but at times the target dies and I lose all the stacks. I have noticed myself keeping it randomly though after the mob is dead, so maybe it's bugged?
    Aye wierdest thing... it only seems to 'drop' in parties, I was questing the other day and easily able to carry it from mob to mod, so it's ONLY in Parties that we get this wierd behaviour... curiouser and curiouser...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    anyone worked out if its better to use the expertise elixir and be at the expertise hard cap oorrrr be at the expertise hard cap without the elixir and use the agi flask or somthing else?

Deleted
    I'll be goin with armour and haste flasks to start with. With the exp hard cap the orbs that spawn are fantastic. Are people use trancedance as a means to avoid damage in certain situations? I'm finding it an excellent tool for avoiding some iffy moments. Combine with roll you can put a fantastic distance between you and the target which can give you a nice breather.

Quote Originally Posted by Weethor View Post
    Are people use trancedance as a means to avoid damage in certain situations? I'm finding it an excellent tool for avoiding some iffy moments.
    nice! thx for that info

I am a little weary on Haste as the main stat at the moment. (Besides Agility of course) before we gem any haste we have about 11 regen per second in Ox Stance no? So far I have gemmed haste geared for it and it is currently at 12.40 energy regen. Is it really worth the extra 3 Keg Smashes per minute? I have seen quite a few high end guild Brewmasters going for Cirt > haste and Agility gemming.

I would like some thoughts.