Deleted
    I was Considering to try dual wield tanking and ive been thinking. For weapon enchants i was thinking 2x colossus but then there is an issue, do they stack? if they did i would suppose it could be useful if not colossus/Windwalk would have to sufice.

anyone knows?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...436?page=8#154
    River's Song: 2PPM on melee attacks that land, or are dodged, or parried.
    Dancing Steel: 1PPM on melee attacks that land.
    Colossus: 3PPM on melee attacks that land, or are dodged, or parried, with a 3-second cooldown.
    Elemental Force: 5PPM on melee damage, or non-periodic spell damage/healing, with a 0.1-second cooldown.
    Jade Spirit: 10% chance on spell damage or healing, 50-second cooldown.
    Windsong: 1PPM on melee damage, or non-periodic spell damage/healing, with a 1-second cooldown.
    If they stack you want 2x Dancing Steel if they don't stack (didn't have time to read whole post to see if they confirm stacking) then Dancing Steel + Colossus I would say.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    gonna raid thursday night, maybe someone has gear advice? im trying to get the scholo-pants and one of the 463 necks tho.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte.../Haokah/simple

Why do I feel so squishy as a tank?! Way too many close calls-

Stat priority for me> Agi>Hit>Exp>Haste>Crit>Dodge/Parry>Armor

This is frustrating... I know my gear is not the greatest- but I'm not sure if its healers or me...

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ochet/advanced

Yes, I know I'm still missing some stuff chants and gems- I just upgraded pieces last night and have not been on to update it.

Quote Originally Posted by papasan View Post

This is frustrating... I know my gear is not the greatest- but I'm not sure if its healers or me...

Yes, I know I'm still missing some stuff chants and gems- I just upgraded pieces last night and have not been on to update it.

Note that it's not necessarily about gear, it's about how you're using your abilities. Do you have a fairly high uptime of Shuffle? Are you using Purifying Brew farily often to get rid of the stagger DoT? Are you using Guard and Elusive Brew on cooldown / for big hits?

Deleted

Like Madgod said above, it's probably about the abilities you are using. I'm guessing you're asking about 5-mans mostly. Are you using Breath of Fire or lvl 30 talents? If you are, stop using them in any situation where you're taking significant amounts of damage. Are you using Diffuse Magic/Dampen Harm? Diffuse Magic is especially powerful in 5-mans. Are you using Leg Sweep to stun groups of enemies? What about Grapple Weapon for the disarm? Are you moving to collect Gift of the Ox procs and using expel harm when you need healing?

Most importantly, are you making sure you're staggering your cooldowns, so you don't waste one by doing simultaneous Leg Sweep and Elusive Brew for example? We have a lot of active ways of controlling enemies and reducing damage intake. Being a succesful tank means learning how to use all of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...436?page=8#154

If they stack you want 2x Dancing Steel if they don't stack (didn't have time to read whole post to see if they confirm stacking) then Dancing Steel + Colossus I would say.
    Too me at this point, talking about Dancing steel is out of the question, as you might imagine. Shado-pa rep isnt so common yet, sha crystals are expensive on my server, not even enough to grant me 1 enchant either if i could afford it.

Deleted
    So i have two question i hope you guys can help me with.

First is are we aiming for any +agility socket bonuses if so should we use Deft in red sockets and what for blue sockets? If the answer is no, then full haste gems in each socket? (i know this is mentioned in the guide just want a little extra confirmation before i buy some gems)

Second question is, What weapon enchant (Currently) is better Colossus or Windsong? Windsong has and will proc all 3 buffs on me in a fight in a 60 second duration, but Colossus seems kinda weak for a 30 second Absorb. Maybe i'm overlooking the absorb just because Windsong procs 2 really good stats for us.

Deleted

Armory:

I think you only feel squishy on aoe trash not on bosses so here are some advices:

1# Legsweep: 5 secs aoe stun an all targets is just like an awesome cooldown... use it if you drop. While mobs are stunned you have enough time to get shuffle up, purify etc...
    2# chi wave: every second 2chi go into chiwave for me. It heals you for ridiculous amounts (60-70k crits 3-4times) Just amazing to help your healer out.
    3# never forget guard !
    4# thats clear ... always keep shuffle up
    5# get Brewmaster Tao addon and make yourself a mark of stagger dmg where you purify

I am a little bit better geared than you and i am just running through heroics dont even bothering to shuffle .... doing insane dps on aoe packs.

A word to the keg smash:

Wait for elegon in mogushan vaults ... made 400k crit keg smashes ... its amazing

btw. tanking in mogushan vaults is going nice .. no big problems with tank dmg.. all in all a lot of fun

just wanted to toss it out, it seems they fixed Chi Wave in groups, it was 100% successfully bouncing off my dailies partner this evening

After spending some time as a brewmaster at max level, I think that it cannot be understated how important uptime for your buffs/debuffs is. I think that it's probable that the biggest difference between a good brewmaster and a bad one is their stagger/guard/weakened blows/dizzying haze uptime. If you're having trouble surviving, make sure you have a good buff/debuff tracker (I prefer needtoknow due to how light-weight it is, but anything works) and track these 4 buffs/debuffs, aiming for 100% uptime. You'll never reach 100%, but on single target you should be 90%+ stagger uptime easily.

If you're using the hit/exp build, make absolute sure you are taking advantage of using the orbs that gift of the ox makes. They heal for a crap ton and they are always there as long as you are doing damage.

That is one of the highlight reasons for using high hit/exp.

What do you think is better, 2 handed tanking or dual weild tanking?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey111 View Post
    What do you think is better, 2 handed tanking or dual weild tanking?
    Simply put... neither.

Yeah...as a Monk tank you have to wiggle to pickup the orbs

10+ Year Old Account
    Ran quite a few of heroics for the first time last night, Monk healer friend that has been running them for a few days already now indicated I was on par with the other tanks he grouped with and this was only in questing i437 gear. I'm hoping this is an indication that it's really a play style issue and will translate into solid raiding performance (at least for me). I'll make some notes on my current play.

1) Get the priority Weak Aura's from the thread in this form. Consider it your "to do" list and prioritize those abilities ASAP during the fight.
    2) Guard: I have this macro'd into KS, Jab, TP, and EH. This is mostly 5 man advice as raiding would benefit from more control, but results in near 100% uptime.
    3) Leg Sweep: Talent this if you haven't, great tool to give you some breathing room on AoE packs to get your Shuffle/Guard up.
    4) Rushing Jade Wind: AoE damage, proc's shuffle, +30% damage boost to SCK. The CD is a little long but you can still treat it as AoE Blackout Kick in your rotation when available.
    5) Chi Wave: It's hard to find the 2 Chi to spare and still follow the suggestions above but it's working good for me in 5 mans. Can give your healer a little breathing room if things are going bad which means they can spend more attention on you.
    6) Don't prioritize Purifying Brew(PB) over Shuffle if spending the chi will cause the buff to drop. Other's might disagree with me but I don't think a couple of Moderate level Stagger ticks is going to kill you compared to having +30% parry vs 3+ Mob's (or heavy hitting boss) beating on you. Heavy Stagger may be a different story but that seems rare in 5 mans.
    7) As others have said don't forget about GotO orbs. Still training myself to do this but you can usually count on wiggling left/right will result in a heal.
    8) Kite! Outside of bosses we basically perma snare all other mobs due to DH/KS being rotational.

Some of the above is opinion but it's working out well for me so far.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

According to the WoW tooltip, Agility only increases Attack Power and Critical Strike chance. It does not increase dodge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noadha View Post
    According to the WoW tooltip, Agility only increases Attack Power and Critical Strike chance. It does not increase dodge.
    Agility Increases dodge for Agility main stat classes (Monks, Rogues and Druids. I think hunters were changed while back.).

OP, what do you think of the DMC this xpac? I have crafted both the Ox and the Tiger(Agi) decks for myself. I know there will be better trinkets from raiding, but should I be using the Ox deck at all? Or sell it?

Anyone have any good Macros for generating Chi? One that actually works without interrupt other abilities you may need to use.

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 04:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    /castsequence reset=8 Keg Smash, Jab, Jab, Jab

I tend to macro in something to every ability with a CD (Guard displays Tiger Palm while on CD).

I'm not sure if it was server lag, Elvui, or they changed how /castsequence works but I was noticing my macro's weren't reseting to the primary power last night. Keg Smash wasn't popping back up for more than a couple seconds after the 8 second reset....
    I seem to hit every Keg Smash if you take away one jab from the end of macro
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet