Page 6 of 289 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find weird that now there are two specs that tank with Agi leather, they don't make actual leather tank gear. Especially as sets are not the same for Feral/Guardian and BM/WW anymore.
    I don't know, it doesn't feel natural that way. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the set bonus' are classic 'first tier' bonus' I'm wondering if they'll change the 2pc though, as it was made back when Elusive Brew had a medium CD, 5% dodge with high uptime is actually fairly strong imo.

Yeah Hijiri those are very wierd stats....Monk's do use parry, I'm guessing that Haste on there is supposed to be either Parry or Dodge, because having alot of Hit and Crit, and then a small amount of Haste and Dodge makes little sense , I'm guessing we'll see either the haste or dodge turned into the other stat (hopefully they'll swap the haste to dodge, but more likely is the dodge to haste).

Tbh with the amount of passive avoidance we get from our skills, I'm still thinking of just reforging to crit for EB uptime
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Since TP is free, I really feel like swarming in energy. :O

Quote Originally Posted by Yorgl View Post
    Since TP is free, I really feel like swarming in energy. :O
    Well, the TP change combined with the 50% energy regen buff, yeah, it is kinda hard to avoid capping out on energy & chi now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bareno View Post
    Well, the TP change combined with the 50% energy regen buff, yeah, it is kinda hard to avoid capping out on energy & chi now.
    which is part of the reason I've been avoiding haste like the plague lol :P although I had an odd bug earlier where both my TP and ToD (with glyph) were costing Chi :/
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, maybe they made that to reduce the utility of haste to let us have crit as the best "dps stat" in order to synergize with Elusive Brew.
    My guess would be that now : Expertise (to cap) = Hit (to cap) > Parry > Dodge > Mastery > Crit > Haste.

i would still say parry=dodge since we get a lot from BoK, EB, and/or enchants but yeah... Also, previously I disregarded hit/exp, but after leveling up it becomes more and more evident how useful it will be at lvl 90 (still not 90 due to work ugh)
    ^win

10+ Year Old Account
    Parry we get from BoK si not subjected to DR.
    What you want to consider in the balance parry / dodge are the ratings, not flat percents.

(Same goes for EB of course)

I haven't been on the beta for 2 weeks from RL.....TP no longer costs anything. How does single target work now? I either find myself spamming jab and blackout from all the energy I get, or spamming TP.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I haven't been on the beta for 2 weeks from RL.....TP no longer costs anything. How does single target work now? I either find myself spamming jab and blackout from all the energy I get, or spamming TP.
    It works very much the same as before... keep the BoK buff up, keep the TP stacks at max, and keep mitigational abilities up. This just makes it easier to keep BoK up.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorgl View Post
    Parry we get from BoK si not subjected to DR.
    What you want to consider in the balance parry / dodge are the ratings, not flat percents.

(Same goes for EB of course)
    I know they aren't affected by DR... what I meant is keeping them balanced BEFORE these come into play
    ^win

Deleted
    Love the "nerf" to energy regen. Feels very smooth right now

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schleimhaut View Post
    Love the "nerf" to energy regen. Feels very smooth right now
    Well it was not so much a nerf persai, as we all know that our energy regen before was way to high. But where it is at atm is just ridiculous. Rotation doesnt seem so much fluid any more, and so much down time its silly. Theres a difference between "filling your down time with TP & mostly having to spam TP" -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, before the fix there were no downtime at all, you had to "waste" energy or Chi (by overcapping) in order to TP x 3 for the buff. :-/
    I find the rotation quite smooth now, tbh.
    Last edited by Yorgl; 2012-07-14 at 10:39 PM.

I wish I could test and see for myself. I'm rather annoyed, since I haven't been able to test in-game for a while, since my wireless card has been acting up. Hopefully I'll be able to remedy it next week.

Still, everything that happened this patch was not unexpected.

Many low level "monkish" items added today, including some handwraps/fist weapons.

I smiled a bit seeing http://www.wowdb.com/items/89549-hea...-stampeding-ox since this is pretty much a low level brewmaster item, and is probably the first item that mmo-champions labeled as "tank leather".

Quote Originally Posted by Hijiri View Post
    Many low level "monkish" items added today, including some handwraps/fist weapons.

I smiled a bit seeing http://www.wowdb.com/items/89549-hea...-stampeding-ox since this is pretty much a low level brewmaster item, and is probably the first item that mmo-champions labeled as "tank leather".
    search wowhead for leather with dodge and/or parry on it :P
    ^win

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob View Post
    search wowhead for leather with dodge and/or parry on it :P
    As you wish. ^^;;

http://www.wowhead.com/items=4.2?fil...45;crs=1;crv=0
    There is no dodge armor between 71-89.
    The only Dodge leather for 90 is raid tier shoulders for Brewmaster and Guardian Duid.

http://www.wowhead.com/items=4.2?fil...46;crs=1;crv=0
    There is only 4 leather items total with parry on it.
    So the headband I posted is kinda special, being one of four leather items with parry on it.
    Last edited by Hijiri; 2012-07-15 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hijiri View Post
    As you wish. ^^;;

http://www.wowhead.com/items=4.2?fil...45;crs=1;crv=0
    There is no dodge armor between 71-89.
    The only Dodge leather for 90 is raid tier shoulders for Brewmaster and Guardian Duid.

http://www.wowhead.com/items=4.2?fil...46;crs=1;crv=0
    There is only 4 leather items total with parry on it.
    So the headband I posted is kinda special, being one of four leather items with parry on it.
    well... you DID mention low level leather lol... close enough?
    ^win

Xuen should be triggering Eminence (but only for a Mistweaver in Serpent stance; always triggering it is a bug in the current build). He also will soon learn a bit about how to tank; increased armor and health, and if you’re a Brewmaster, he gets a provoke and increased threat generation.

Am intrested in seeing how this turns out.
    I know on my shaman an earth elemental dies really quickly due to it taunting all the time.
    Hoping Xuen will at least have the stats for it.