Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    remember that personal preference means a lot. I'm sitting rather comfortably on about 6k haste. Some people could go lower. Whatever works for Gynshon here might not work best for you.
    6k haste- is that with ascension as standard?
    What's your exp with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Alucin View Post
    6k haste- is that with ascension as standard?
    What's your exp with that?
    With ascension, and 8.13% expertise. A bit higher than my goal of 7.5%, but I have a lot of native expertise on my set.

Madgod, are you still putting out podcasts and videos on your channel?

Quote Originally Posted by Mesima View Post
    Madgod, are you still putting out podcasts and videos on your channel?
    I'm editing a podcast right now, but I can't really do any videos at this time... My desktop had some fun and I need a replacement for my CPU heatsink, or possibly the CPU itself. My laptop's specs aren't good enough for good video recording.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    I'm editing a podcast right now, but I can't really do any videos at this time... My desktop had some fun and I need a replacement for my CPU heatsink, or possibly the CPU itself. My laptop's specs aren't good enough for good video recording.
    Ouch. Well I look forward to the new Podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by Mesima View Post
    Ouch. Well I look forward to the new Podcast!
    It should be up either tonight or tomorrow. I had a rough start on getting the info from my desktop's hard drive.

Guys, what are you doing while tanking sha hc?those trashes are dreadful, 6 times attack is hell if you can't dodge it. I'd definetely apreciate any tips, thanks beforehand

Quote Originally Posted by Correctsan View Post
    Guys, what are you doing while tanking sha hc?those trashes are dreadful, 6 times attack is hell if you can't dodge it. I'd definetely apreciate any tips, thanks beforehand
    Bearing in mind that I have no experience of Sha of Fear HC, I can only give you general ideas... That said, I'd imagine the same rules apply to heroic as they do to normal, in which case: Elusive Brew. Even if you only have 2-3 stacks, use it for every Thrash (and of course make sure Shuffle is up too).

If you don't have it available, use Dampen Harm or Guard. Essentially just keep cycling cooldowns, always make sure you use 'something'. Furthermore the chance of getting hit by all 6 attacks on Dread Thrash (assuming EB and Shuffle are up) is so incredibly tiny that it's not worth worrying about. Pretty much any tank would die to all 6 attacks, but it shouldn't happen, so y'know...

But yeah: have something available for every Dread Thrash, be it Dampen Harm, Guard, or Fortifying Brew. Elusive Brew should be available for every single Thrash/Dread Thrash, so should be used every time. If you don't have the stacks available, get more crit to generate those stacks.

But if I'm wrong, I'm sure someone with actual Sha of Fear experience will correct me. Cough Gynshon cough.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question regarding Tsulong (H). I read that BoF glyph is used to prevent the adds (that spawn in day phase when the big one dies) from casting fear.
    However, I was under the impression this glyph, not only is not that good for the job, but that it's actually pretty counter productive. My assumptions come from two reasons : the stun breaks almost instantly (as any damage breaks it) and triggers, afaik, DRs ; which lead to very little stun uptime overall. I would naturally use Leg Sweep and then external stuns silence.

Am I mistaken about the pro/cons of BoF glyph ? How do you generally handle these adds ?

Aren't stuns/disorients on two separate DRs? If they are, you may as well use it for an extra couple of seconds. If they aren't, then don't bother as Leg Sweep is far better as you say. I guess that's the main concern; unfortunately I don't know as I don't PvP, so never have to worry about DRs! :P

I have that glyphe by default. but when it comes to empress and the adds i put it out, because after i stun them they begin to attack at the same time and can hit me like a boss. so no stun there.

but the tsu long adds just get punched in the face. some beer beforehand to have them slow and then keg, kick, punch. ...hmm somebody remembers that playstation game with that karate dance teacher? "block, turn, kick-it..." and so on? kinda remembers me of the monk opener
    Last edited by siccora; 2013-02-07 at 11:41 AM.
    13/13

Monk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorgl View Post
    I have a question regarding Tsulong (H). I read that BoF glyph is used to prevent the adds (that spawn in day phase when the big one dies) from casting fear.
    However, I was under the impression this glyph, not only is not that good for the job, but that it's actually pretty counter productive. My assumptions come from two reasons : the stun breaks almost instantly (as any damage breaks it) and triggers, afaik, DRs ; which lead to very little stun uptime overall. I would naturally use Leg Sweep and then external stuns silence.

Am I mistaken about the pro/cons of BoF glyph ? How do you generally handle these adds ?
    I usually go with Leg Sweep, then clash the one out of position to stun them all and get them into position.
    If needed, I go KS and the BoF.

I haven't had a problem here regarding DRs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for your answers.
    Good point Kisho, I'll try to clear that (by testing myself if needed ^^) and I'll post the answer when I have it !

EB for dread thrash won't give you much leeway. It works fine for a normal Thrash, but if you want to stay alive for actual Dread Thrashes that come inbetween. You not only need EB up, but you also have to have the ability to cycle your short term mitigators.

Those are Guard, EH, GotO, Dampen Harm.

Since there are tank switches in the phase he starts to use Dread Thrash, you have plenty of time to recharge the cooldowns. Now you may be thinking EH/GotO wont work since the attacks are simultaneous but it does work, you just have to be strafing while h hits you, it looks like a successive hit, but its more of a consecutive one.

In that respect, just maximise survivability with Guards/ DH/ FB. You should be fine, dont rely solely on EB for dread thrashes though.

Your other tank will be tanking Sha in P2. Either Warrior or Paladin is pretty solid, warrior better. You are better off doing the Naked and Afraid dance and dps'ng adds.

If you must tank him for Dread, you will need EB, and another cooldown. Either from healers, or your own. Guard, Fort, Dampen, etc.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Deleted
    in sha Hc 25man we had 3 tanks, 1 tank (warrior) soaking only the debuff, and me (brewmaster) and a pally tanked dread thrash in turn. swaping with the dodge/parry debuff application.

for dread thrash you must have: Forty brew + Elusive brew, or Dampen Harm + Elusive Brew + Zen meditation (soaks only 1 of the 6 attacks). the way we tanked i had one of these combos anytime a dread thrash was comming.

hope this helps

Actually, I'm pretty sure brewmasters are the best class for soaking dread thrashes. From what I remember of our progression, our brewmaster was the only tank who could consistently survive a triple-hit normal thrash without any sort of active mitigation (well, shuffle, but that's more or less a passive.)

We use a very simple taunt rotation in p2, when current tank gets naked & afraid, next tank taunts boss and tanks until he's debuffed and the third tank taunts, repeat, and whoever is tanking when dreadthrash goes off pops a cd. This way you usually get a dreadthrash every 3 minutes - lines up perfectly with most major cooldowns.

Lets assume that you can survive three hits from max hp with no cds (and if you can't, please gear so that you can.) This way you can simply elusive brew and only elusive every normal thrash. When dread thrash comes, you use guard (basically cancels out one hit), then either fortifying brew (roughly halves incoming damage - guaranteed survival), dampen harm (actually halves all of sha's attacks), or survival instincts (get a symbiosis) and call out for an ironbark/pain suppression/hand of sac/cocoon. Rotating these cooldowns intelligently will ensure your survival even if you're targetted for dread thrash every 45 sec.

Remember, this is assuming you're getting hit by -every- hit, which is the extreme worst case scenario - if you pop elusive right before every thrash, your avoidance should hit 80% or higher, and the chances of getting smacked by every hit in a dread thrash is about 0.006%.
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2013-02-07 at 08:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    EB for dread thrash won't give you much leeway
    In 10 man, EB is enough to keep you alive, even if you don't have any stamina/mastery gear. Unless you're really unlucky, you'll survive. But i agree it's still better to have Dampen / Guard / FB, they'll make you unvulnerable to Dread Thrash.

Quote Originally Posted by Morion View Post
    In 10 man, EB is enough to keep you alive, even if you don't have any stamina/mastery gear. Unless you're really unlucky, you'll survive. But i agree it's still better to have Dampen / Guard / FB, they'll make you unvulnerable to Dread Thrash.
    Just because EB is up, doesn't guarantee avoidance. I had a bad string of 5/6 hit me once. I have also seen all 6 miss.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Deleted
    Downed Sha HC 10 man yesterday evening. We had a few good trys und tuesday but couldnt get it to zero. Yesterday we had about 4 trys and killed it, ouer main problem was that 1 got one shot a few times when i get tread trash... as gynshon said we played it that i catch all nakeds an our pally tank through the fight but every try one or two times i had to handle dread trash, with EB and Guard is a bitt luck to survive 6 hits, but with these two + dampen oder fortyfiing there should be no problem. but its not a sure fact, i got one shot by dread trash a few times through EB Guard, fortyfining... thats yeah... bad luck

Greetings, Genoqt EU-Gorgonnash