Our lock claims that he can only soak a spark once every 3 mins. I'm a total noob regarding warlocks, could you tell me (him) how he should do it please?

1 with dark bargain
    1 with "sac'ed WW + "own shieldwall" (and maybe even hand of sacrifice)

dont play warlock myself so not entirely sure of how many they can take

we sell msv hc runs, and with 1 person less, it can be tight sometimes depending on the setup we go with from the guild,
    incase you notice that your "soak cd's" isnt enough, you can either say:
    "next courage spark we kill", or you kite until a cd comes up, or someone that is about to soak is able to soak one extra.
    Last edited by imoom; 2013-02-18 at 10:41 PM.

I asked Towelliee about his Brewmaster Crit + Ascension build on stream today and he basically said he prefers to stack crit for the amazing EB uptime and Ascension gives the energy regen that stacking haste would, meaning shuffle uptime is still near 100%. Makes sense to me, wondering if anyone else prefers this build as opposed to the normal Haste + Power Strikes build.

Here's Towelliee's armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eesan/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I asked Towelliee about his Brewmaster Crit + Ascension build on stream today and he basically said he prefers to stack crit for the amazing EB uptime and Ascension gives the energy regen that stacking haste would, meaning shuffle uptime is still near 100%. Makes sense to me, wondering if anyone else prefers this build as opposed to the normal Haste + Power Strikes build.

Here's Towelliee's armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eesan/advanced
    See my armory. I have more haste, I prefer 5kish with Ascension, but the high Crit is there. My Shuffle uptimes are near 100% on pretty much every fight with this build excluding like Garalon. It really is nice to have better EB stacks and will think that will be crucial in the next tier from testing on PTR.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by imoom View Post
    1 with dark bargain
    1 with "sac'ed WW + "own shieldwall" (and maybe even hand of sacrifice)

dont play warlock myself so not entirely sure of how many they can take

we sell msv hc runs, and with 1 person less, it can be tight sometimes depending on the setup we go with from the guild,
    incase you notice that your "soak cd's" isnt enough, you can either say:
    "next courage spark we kill", or you kite until a cd comes up, or someone that is about to soak is able to soak one extra.
    It was quite messy last night. I'm not sure if we'll manage to get him before the patch so maybe we'd focus on something different. Do you have any suggestions? We have 5/6 mv hc, 2/6 hof (ta'yak and mel'jarak). I personally would love Tsu'long but I guess there are easier bosses then him.

Deleted
    I've got a question regarding stagger... Discerning between light/moderate/heavy stagger is a bloody nightmare being colourblind, the green/yellow/red difference is so feint, so I basically have to mouse over to see what kind of damage I'm staggering. Anyone got some pointers on what to do here? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    It was quite messy last night. I'm not sure if we'll manage to get him before the patch so maybe we'd focus on something different. Do you have any suggestions? We have 5/6 mv hc, 2/6 hof (ta'yak and mel'jarak). I personally would love Tsu'long but I guess there are easier bosses then him.
    Will isnt super hard, but requires quite alot of coordination.
    In ToES i would probably say lei shi is easier then tsulong, especially with a OP brewmaster tanking boss during protector phase (glyph guard, diffusion, zen med, spam healing sphere etc).
    Not sure if it isnt easier with some of the bosses in HoF though. zorlok isnt as buggy anymore, amber shaper is annoying, but not "hard". I would probably still aim for Will though, then you get atleast one of the "cutting edge" achievments, which will be nice to see in a few years looking back (maybe).

maybe you want your rogue on strength adds anyway, if lock had a hard time. If you run out of soak my suggestion is kill courage spark, and soak rage's on rotation.
    knockback, slow stun and try to get them to die close to each other is important.

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 12:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by deu5 View Post
    I've got a question regarding stagger... Discerning between light/moderate/heavy stagger is a bloody nightmare being colourblind, the green/yellow/red difference is so feint, so I basically have to mouse over to see what kind of damage I'm staggering. Anyone got some pointers on what to do here? xD
    make a weakaura for it, alot of guides and variations out there for it. I would suggest that even if you where not colorblind.

i have 2 weak aura spells for stagger since low stagger is nothing to care about. i got the yellow in a 40 x 40 size and the red in a 70 x 70 size popping into my face. you can add some glow effect to that if u like. maybe a "HOLY SHIT" sound?
    13/13

Monk

I just assume I'm always in Moderate and Purifying Bew lights up when I reach heavy by default. At least in the content I'm doing (LFR and Normal Alt runs) I only need to clear in heavy.

If you don't want to get involved (if you're not familiar with) WeakAuras, which is a pretty good stuff, you can DL classTimers and just write "Medium Stagger" in the extra tab. This will show you when it becomes yellow.

Make a weakauras with different colors / symbols?
    If you have blizzard "weakuaras" turned on you should at least be able to tell when you are in red stagger.

But yeah making own weakauras would probably the best bet here.

Deleted
    I run about 5.5k Haste and Ascension and still sometimes seem a bit energy starved - any suggestions? That's the most I can squeeze from my gear for now - ilvl 486. I can keep Shuffle up for 100%, but sometimes at the cost of Guard for a GCD.

Elusive Brew isn't an issue with my current Crit rating as a sidenote. Usually have 9 stacks waiting when it comes off CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post

Power Strikes is (at all relevant haste levels) always going to be more Chi than Ascension. Ascension doesn't mitigate the lower haste, it actually makes it worse by providing less Chi than Power Strikes. There's a point where Ascension provides more, but that point is so high that it actually doesn't matter which you take, you'll still have plenty of Chi either way (which is what I mean by 'all relevant haste levels').

So basically, he's just using the regular old low haste, high crit build that has been advocated a few times on these forums. Which is fine, it's proven to work, but we have to make sure we know why it works, rather than work on mis-information.

Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    I run about 5.5k Haste and Ascension and still sometimes seem a bit energy starved - any suggestions? That's the most I can squeeze from my gear for now - ilvl 486. I can keep Shuffle up for 100%, but sometimes at the cost of Guard for a GCD.

Elusive Brew isn't an issue with my current Crit rating as a sidenote. Usually have 9 stacks waiting when it comes off CD.
    Similar to the above, you could try switching to Power Strikes. Your energy regen will feel slower but you'll have more Chi to use to keep Shuffle up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Similar to the above, you could try switching to Power Strikes. Your energy regen will feel slower but you'll have more Chi to use to keep Shuffle up.
    I still prefer Ascension, Power Strikes feels clunky to me when I try it now so personally suggest just adding more haste. One thing I do on pulls is stack up 5 Chi and then let energy pool and use BoK right before KS is coming off CD, that way you aren't starting your shuffle buff until the last minute and suddenly your dumping a good 10 Chi into it at once.

Since I always "let" the other tank pull on most fights this gives you a little bit of a larger lead on your shuffle buff.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by Asacado View Post
    Out of curiousity and the courtesy to not have to search 120 pages, do we have a theoretical BIS list for tier 15 and recommended trinkets etc?
    Archknight put a list of our gear together, but it's not a BiS list. You can find that here.

I'm not sure if anyone's put together an actual BiS list though, but that table is a start. Archknight also didn't get much recognition (if any) for that post, which seems like an awful oversight! So if he's reading, thank you for putting the effort in to put all our loot in one convenient location.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    I'm working on the assumption that even if you reforged entirely away from haste, didn't gem for it, etc, you'd still have a decent amount on your base gear to rely on. From what I've seen T15 seems to have a lot of haste on it. So it's not really as though I'm relying on procs, since the basic amount should still be enough to keep Shuffle up and use Guard on CD. Then, you can get procs from either the trinket or the set bonus to handle all your PBs.

That's the theory I'm working on anyways!
    yea i haven't actually looked at what haste would look like with just on gear haste, probably something to look at before i start saying anything. though i just really don't want to be relying on a proc for anything when i could just get 1 or 2k more haste and not have worry about it.
    from testing the 4p t15 on ptr you get a ton of pb procs from that though, if your looking to maximize crit and let your haste drop to the lowest point needed you probably wont even need to think about trinket procs anyways since the 4p procs every 5-10sec easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Asacado View Post
    Out of curiousity and the courtesy to not have to search 120 pages, do we have a theoretical BIS list for tier 15 and recommended trinkets etc?
    ive made a personal list of all the pieces that drop for us, once i throw some more math at it i might post it.

I use the brewmaster tao add on (wowinterface, don't think it's on curse), which gives you a total amount staggered rather than by tick, in percentage form. I generally aim to purify around 40% stagger on most fights, however some like gara'jal I have different numbers in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read up several sources and i'm still uncertain wether or not to gem for stamina or secondary stats?

Is there some sort of recommended amount of stamina i should've for normal modes or is sitting at 450K-500K going to be enough and simply not worry about it.

Currently regemming back from DPS to tank, own the 2 set tank bonus.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Read up several sources and i'm still uncertain wether or not to gem for stamina or secondary stats?
    For 10m normal I would go with the standard stat weights in the guides which will favor the secondary stat gems in everything but your red slots. I never gemmed stam all the way through 10m even going into heroic 25m.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Agility increases crit % for monks as well :P. It's just rating right?