Deleted
    GotO and Healing Spheres are back to being smart heals, so they're no longer activating for full health people on the new PTR build. It was probably just a bug.

Did mogushan vaults today until spirit kings...I think i cant put links yet, so, search for Eijy in the logs, guild Erinion

I thinked was pretty good, some mistakes there and there, but overall, a nice run

need you guys for hints and critics on my very new monk:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%A0wan/simple

Tonight i did my very first raid as a tank (did something with guardian druid but oh my gosh they're terribly boring to play outside berserk and incarnation); dropped 3 things (helm + shoulder + neck if i'm not mistaken).

I still have some doubts, beside the usual hst vs crt thing, wich i think i manged because i like the high haste style better when i'm on low health.
    Now i don't get the 15% expertise thing (i'm on 7.5% hit/exp -> hst > crt); is that something worth to get?

And about trinket, i've relic of niuzao and a 463 on dodge proc + stam; as backup i've agy relic and another agy on proc trinket.
    What should i use?

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    And about trinket, i've relic of niuzao and a 463 on dodge proc + stam; as backup i've agy relic and another agy on proc trinket.
    What should i use?
    On any fight other than Lei Shi, Relic of Xuen is better than Niuzao. If you really feel the rest of your gear is lacking, then a stam trinket isn't the worst idea in the world. I wouldn't ever think to use two of them, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eijy View Post
    Did mogushan vaults today until spirit kings...I think i cant put links yet, so, search for Eijy in the logs, guild Erinion

I thinked was pretty good, some mistakes there and there, but overall, a nice run
    On feng you dropped shuffle a few times(only one because of channeling barrier), most likly because you had to little chi since on average you used keg smash once every 12,6 seconds.

To avoid being energy starved only use jab/expel harm when at 70 or higher energy so you always can keg smash on cd.

On spirit kings you capped elisive brew twice once for 16 seconds and once for 7. If you did it on purpose it on purpose it is fine else not. You also had 10,3 seconds between each keg smash

On dogs you had 9,8 seconds between keg smash. You also dropped shuffle alot on this boss.

Overall you did fine just make sure to focus on getting more keg smash in.

Also just made a post about how you can read wol on my blog(link below) if you want to learn how to do it yourself
    My 10 man 2 nights 6 hours a week raiding guild at 7/7M + 3/3M + 5/10M
    www.avalerion.euo

I will read, raid findr takes forever to call XD

Btw, Im intrigued, some people say Xuen works with your stats at moment, like, 5 sec before Heroism finish, you use him, you got a 45 sec Xuen with the stats of heroism...other that he only is affected that way with permanent things, like buffs...D=

I will read, raid findr takes forever to call XD

Btw, Im intrigued, some people say Xuen works with your stats at moment, like, 5 sec before Heroism finish, you use him, you got a 45 sec Xuen with the stats of heroism...other that he only is affected that way with permanent things, like buffs...D=
    not 100% sure, but i thought most summoned pets nowadays did not take a snapshot of stats, either way, why would you want to do that? pop it at beginning of BL/hero together with agi pot, and it still gets full hero duration, AND the pot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    1) staggered or staggering means that a physical attack has been affected by stagger (which is explained in the guide.)
    2) Damage over Time.
    3) reforging is a process you can use with the etherals in your faction capital (talk to a guard in Stormwind / Orgrimmar / your Pandaria city) which allows you to change the secondary stats on an item to another secondary stat, as long as it is not already present on that item (so if you have a weapon with hit and expertise on it, you have the ability to reforge either the hit or expertise to crit, mastery, haste, or spirit)
    4) Pros and cons refer to the benefits and the problems associated with something.
    5) DR is short for diminishing returns. It refers to two things. For stats, it means that the more points you have in a stat (let's say, dodge), the more points you require to gain an additional percent of that stat (so it takes more dodge to get from 11% dodge to 12% dodge than it does to get from 10% dodge to 11% dodge). It also refers to abilties... the more you use an ability on an enemy, the less it affects them. This part isn't really relevant to PvE players. It's really there for PvP. For all intents and purposes, as far as brewmasters are concerned, when people talk about DR, they're talking about stat DR.

As for your profession choices, do note you can only have two, so pick wisely. I'd recommend that you not pick a secondary one permanently if you do choose to level one as a way to supplement a primary profession. They really don't provide much benefit at endgame, especially with your farm being able to provide you plenty of mats.
    Don't you think that the passive boosts from Mining and Skinning would be worth having at level 90? If not, what final professions would you suggest at level 90? I really do not know what else to pick if not Mining and Skinning for the passive combat boosts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weylo View Post
    Don't you think that the passive boosts from Mining and Skinning would be worth having at level 90? If not, what final professions would you suggest at level 90? I really do not know what else to pick if not Mining and Skinning for the passive combat boosts.
    Well, any of the crafting professions are going to give you +some hundred of whatever stat you like, which will always be better than extra crit and stamina passives. Thinking of dropping herbs on my Monk to go for Enchanting, along with Inscription which he already has.

blacksmithing and alchemy provide the best benefits. Hands down.

The gathering professions don't provide as big (think: varied) of a passive stat benefit.

Think of it like this:

Mining and skinning are ONLY stamina and crit. Nothing else. You can't choose any other stat. Those stats may be good, but they're fixed.

Blacksmithing, alchemy, jewelcrafting, inscription, leatherworking, and probably more crafting professions allow you to actually choose which stats you get (some more so than others). The boosts from these professions are also effectively passive anyway, once they're applied to your gear/consumed/whatever'd.

Gathering professions are just blown away by crafting ones in every single way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    blacksmithing and alchemy provide the best benefits. Hands down.
    I've been very happy with a Blacksmith + Leatherworking combo. Flexible extra gem slots, able to craft your own gear if/as needed, and I swap around the LW wrist & leg enchants depending on the fight at only a few eternium threads.

Sucks not having a character I can farm at as I am slow to level alt's but slowly working up a couple that can do that for me.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Sucks not having a character I can farm at as I am slow to level alt's but slowly working up a couple that can do that for me.
    Also have both LW + BS and works fine for me. Personally I also think LW is the best farming profession for a tank. Just go to dread wastes and mass AoE packs for spirits and turn into leg enchants. Better gold/hour than my druid who used to be herb/miner.
    Edit: not to mention, WAY more fun for gold making.

Need advice here. We started working on H Empress last night. Tanks are Prot War and me a BrM. Heals are Rdruid, Rsham, Disc P and semi healer Rdruid as 4th.
    My question is should I be tanking the 2 Reavers or the 6 Windblades? I know BrM can do a lot of AOE dmg as shown on H Windlord, which I solo tank in my current set of gear - i505 Hit/Exp cap, ~5200 haste, rest full crit, Agi flask/food.

Should I let the Prot War tank the 6 adds bc he is a shield tank or should I tank the adds and switch to more of a stam/mastery build for the fight? Only spent 45 minutes on the fight last night, but the Prot War was getting smashed by the Windblades and the Reavers weren't hitting me too hard at all.
    We realize that healers will need to rotate CDs in on that tank, but that would be the case for either of us.

Edit: Was reading BrMs can use DH to range the adds, then Clash in for a stun, KS/BoF and then roll back out. repeat. Is this also possible on Heroic?
    Last edited by Archdrood; 2013-02-27 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdrood View Post
    Need advice here. We started working on H Empress last night. Tanks are Prot War and me a BrM. Heals are Rdruid, Rsham, Disc P and semi healer Rdruid as 4th.
    My question is should I be tanking the 2 Reavers or the 6 Windblades? I know BrM can do a lot of AOE dmg as shown on H Windlord, which I solo tank in my current set of gear - i505 Hit/Exp cap, ~5200 haste, rest full crit, Agi flask/food.

Should I let the Prot War tank the 6 adds bc he is a shield tank or should I tank the adds and switch to more of a stam/mastery build for the fight? Only spent 45 minutes on the fight last night, but the Prot War was getting smashed by the Windblades and the Reavers weren't hitting me too hard at all.
    We realize that healers will need to rotate CDs in on that tank, but that would be the case for either of us.

Edit: Was reading BrMs can use DH to range the adds, then Clash in for a stun, KS/BoF and then roll back out. repeat. Is this also possible on Heroic?
    Generally it's not advisable to put an avoidance tank in the highest stress tanking scenario currently. Sooner or later rng will say "screw you" and hit you 10 times in a row, ~40-50% harder than on a shield tank. If you guys need the dps then yeah, stam/mastery setup and you tank windblades, but dps isn't usually an issue on p2 Empress.

Your prot warrior may also be dying because of the 6/2 split, try 5/3 with you tanking a windblade as well. Band of valor - 6 windblades together = 6*250% = 1500% the damage of a single windblade. 5 windblades together = 5*220% = 1100% the damage of a single windblade. Almost a 30% damage redux just from grabbing a single mob from the warrior, not bad.

As for aoe stuns - it's generally inadvisable to use them at all. As you start tanking the windblades and they filter in and start casting, their attacks get naturally staggered and you have a steady stream of incoming damage. Stun them all once and they all unstun and swing at the same time, so instead of 5-6x 80k hits separately you're getting one gigantic hit every couple seconds that can hit you for almost your full hp. That being said, if you're going the aoe stun route, shockwave kicks the ass out of clash and leg sweep, as it basically comes up perfectly when DR falls from the mobs every time.

It's also possible to kite the adds for as long as you want, but at a pretty significant cost to dps. It's possible, just not particularly ideal, although it may work for you guys.

Anyone got tips for spirit kings hc? The fight seems pretty easy until the zian - meng transition. I try to use a cooldown for that since it seems to hit pretty hard, but i often found that i didnt have a cooldown when meng had 70+ rage and maddening shout happened.

Also noticed a cool thing that if i hit the new boss as it spawns maybe once or twice and then pop xuen, xuen will tank it for its duration. Helped on the first transition alot.

More logs!

Hof first boss, I lost mogushan elegon and will because the log was too big =/ people got late

I think I did well, noticed some errors of my part, but in overall I was surprised how I was top damage even taking, Is that how we monks, are suposse to feel? =O

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l8hn4odkg5ofhmpo/

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Anyone got tips for spirit kings hc? The fight seems pretty easy until the zian - meng transition. I try to use a cooldown for that since it seems to hit pretty hard, but i often found that i didnt have a cooldown when meng had 70+ rage and maddening shout happened.

Also noticed a cool thing that if i hit the new boss as it spawns maybe once or twice and then pop xuen, xuen will tank it for its duration. Helped on the first transition alot.
    for all transitions I generally just had EB and guard off cooldown. Saved dampen harm, fort brew for meng at 70%
    . If you use those, don't forget zen med. You can also kite him ok, transcendence/roll. Might be a problem if you port into a shadow puddle but that doesn't hit anywhere near as hard as he does.

More logs!

Hof first boss, I lost mogushan elegon and will because the log was too big =/ people got late

I think I did well, noticed some errors of my part, but in overall I was surprised how I was top damage even taking, Is that how we monks, are suposse to feel? =O

Well you more or less did the same misstakes as i pointed out ln the last post, what did you change to try to get more keg smash?
    My 10 man 2 nights 6 hours a week raiding guild at 7/7M + 3/3M + 5/10M
    www.avalerion.euo

Awright! Elusive Brew Episode 6 is up!

Talents n' 5.2 changes. And all on a caffeine high.

More logs!

Definite improvement throughout those three attempts. Good show, old bean!