So I got this Fortitude of the Zandalari from LFR today; is it worth anything?

I'm currently using the Shado-Pan Assault and Terror LFR 2/2.

My goal is to continue using Shado-Pan with either Renataki's Soul Charm or Bad Juju. You guys think I'm heading in the right direction here?

My brain is thumping trying to figure out the best trinket setup for common use.

Signed,
    tired of staring at trinkets >.<
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    I see people type out druid(s) as "dudu." So, my class is now reduced to a pile of crap (doo doo)? What?

Quote Originally Posted by nerdbox View Post
    So I got this Fortitude of the Zandalari from LFR today; is it worth anything?

I'm currently using the Shado-Pan Assault and Terror LFR 2/2.

My goal is to continue using Shado-Pan with either Renataki's Soul Charm or Bad Juju. You guys think I'm heading in the right direction here?

My brain is thumping trying to figure out the best trinket setup for common use.

Signed,
    tired of staring at trinkets >.<
    Pure junk 99% of the time.

There will be times that it might be useful for something really specific.

Hold onto it but don't use it until a situation presents itself where it's actually needed.

Also reminds me that I should be swapping to windwalker before I use a coin on anything....

wrong thread.
    Last edited by Titan; 2013-03-20 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    Pure junk 99% of the time.

There will be times that it might be useful for something really specific.

Hold onto it but don't use it until a situation presents itself where it's actually needed.

Also reminds me that I should be swapping to windwalker before I use a coin on anything....
    Thanks a lot. I figured as much and I was almost going to vendor it, but as you said there *might* be rare fight that it would help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    I see people type out druid(s) as "dudu." So, my class is now reduced to a pile of crap (doo doo)? What?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdbox View Post
    Thanks a lot. I figured as much and I was almost going to vendor it, but as you said there *might* be rare fight that it would help.
    I wouldn't ever put that in an equipment slot. If I needed the EH that trinket provides would rather go for the Jade Warlord or Ox Statue that at least provides base stamina.

1218 mastery is only 1.27% shuffle so pffffft on that trinket.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

As of 5.2 what is best for Brewmaster a 2-hander or 2 1-handers?

Quote Originally Posted by Rexxr View Post
    There's been no change to either in terms of brewmasters, so it's the same deal as in 5.0.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking the 2pc would devalue mastery a bit more for crit because of the 12% stagger elusive brew gives. Anyone else thinking that or what?

As of right now in my current gear I've got 6400ish haste coupled with almost 9k mastery. I'm acutally liking this mastery setup now that my haste is at a comfortable level lol. Any thoughts on it?

Deleted
    Has anybody figured out a BiS List for Brewmaster in 5.2?
    Would be very glad if somebody can post one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by galook View Post
    I'm thinking the 2pc would devalue mastery a bit more for crit because of the 12% stagger elusive brew gives. Anyone else thinking that or what?
    I believe the 2P was changed to give you 12% of your total shuffle % not just a flat 12% boost. So whatever you have in mastery is going to benefit from the 2P.

I'm getting so much haste as my iLevel goes up that I will probably either end up forging some haste into mastery on a Crit+Haste piece or maybe just leaving off a reforge on Crit+Mastery pieces. AMR ends up with those results (though changes a bit depending on the haste cap I input).
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your wow-heroes profile has your haste ~400 higher than mine, but your crit is like 5% higher. And 7% mastery. I'm sitting at 18% mastery raid buffed with 29% crit and 6200 haste. I think it's a fair tradeoff from haste as I have enough energy coming in to keep shuffle up and purify when needed.

Was there a post somewhere saying that about the 2P?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm not done with my reforges after I got tier gloves last night, I need to bleed off a good 800 haste into a crit > mastery format. For 25m normal modes I haven't felt like I need more than the bit of extra stamina I stack (trinket, flask, LW enchants). So far the highest raw damage I've experienced was tanking bats on Tortos (terrible little bastards) but the bosses have been easy with proper CD useage since they all basically have a mechanic that you can center them around to prevent.

I believe Gynshon or Kaidam noted the 2P change but would be nice if someone could confirm and if it's just on PTR or already live (or went live with 5.2?)
    [/URL]

I did a series of tests a couple weeks ago when I got my 2p where I tanked a level 90 mob without using guard and only elusive brew, uploaded to world of logs and examined the results.

I pulled a level 90 mob outside shrine, let it hit me a few times while autoattacking, then put up elusive brew and allowed it to wear off, got hit twice during the 2p uptime, then touch of death'ed the mob.

Checking logs, the first few hits were 36% absorbed which is my passive stagger, then the last couple of hits I expected it to be ~48% absorbed. However, they ended up only being ~40% absorbed, and that was when I did some more testing to check that yes, indeed, 2pT15 magnifies whatever stagger% you have by 1.12 instead of adding a straight 12%.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    There's been no change to either in terms of brewmasters, so it's the same deal as in 5.0.
    So which is it? i just got my monk to 90 and would like to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go with which ever is the highest iLevel upgrade over all in most cases for BrM. I find DW to produce smoother Elusive Brew stacks than 2H and it's also way ahead for WW if you ever use your OS.

Also may want to consider your group comp since DPS get a lot more mileage than we do from weapon upgrades. Myself as example there are more agil users that need the 2H than people looking for a claw drop so I'll be going for Hand of Dark Animus + my 504 empress claw unless a bazillion agil 2H drop or something.

Thanks Kaiadam. Kind of a bummer I assume they changed it to try and encourage more mastery stacking or just felt 12% was to good (since it would take a ton of mastery to = a true 12% gain in shuffle).
    [/URL]

2H has more stamina and higher secondaries with higher gift of the ox orb generation, 1H has more agility, a tiny bit more dps, and smoother elusive brew generation. In other words, the highest ilvl weapon(s) that you can get.

Kai already said it but, not to be rude, but this topic's been discussed to death. If you use the search function there's probably about 50 threads about this exact topic that essentially say the exact same thing.

Hi folks,

i know there are many weak aura stagger debuff codes out there to display the current amount of dmg i am staggering. but with the new tier bonus i wonder if there is a code to display the percentage of dmg i'm staggering or i would stagger if i was taking a hit at the moment even if i'm just not getting dmg at all?
    13/13

Monk

Not sure if it's possible, maybe with an addon? Best I've thought of is just knowing how much it is.
    w/ Shuffle - 45% + Mastery
    w/ Shuffle/2pc - (45% + Mastery) x 1.12
    w/ Shuffle/FortBrew - 65% + Mastery
    w/ Shuffle/2pc/Fortbrew - (65% + Mastery) x 1.12
    And I just try to keep those numbers in my head.

You can just create a WA that has 25% up (if youre in Ox stance), and then it gets a 20% increase when shuffle is up, and then you can have it fetch your current mastery, and divide by 960 and add it to your value. Same with Fort Brew, just + 20%

For the t15 set (since its multiplicative), you can just have it put a 1.12x modifier on your final value once you proc the buff.