Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    Does anyone know if raid-drop agi trinkets are winnable for BrM on bonus rolls? Or does the game consider those to be dps-only trinkets?
    They were last tier, so assume they would be this tier. I don't know firsthand because I don't think the trinkets exist with the already abysmal drop rates.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Does anyone know if raid-drop agi trinkets are winnable for BrM on bonus rolls? Or does the game consider those to be dps-only trinkets?
    Yes, but you should swap to windwalker anyway before bonus rolls (on council, jikun, and dark animus at least) because the tank trinkets this tier suck, except perhaps the Lei Shen one.

My OS is usually MW but maybe I will start bringing a WW spec on some nights. Thanks for the tip.

I know in the new LFR, the agi trinkets are winnable for tanks. The loot table for BrM includes all gear for WW, plus the tank only trinkets.

AFAIK, the coin rolls only consider the loot that comes up in dungeon guide for your specialization. The only exception is loot that is shared among bosses, but even that would be limited to specialization. I don't believe things like Renataki's or RoR show up in the dungeon journal, but I am away from the game and unable to check. Better to switch to WW and roll if you want to avoid getting a bunch of mastery or dodge trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggety View Post
    AFAIK, the coin rolls only consider the loot that comes up in dungeon guide for your specialization. The only exception is loot that is shared among bosses, but even that would be limited to specialization. I don't believe things like Renataki's or RoR show up in the dungeon journal, but I am away from the game and unable to check. Better to switch to WW and roll if you want to avoid getting a bunch of mastery or dodge trinkets.
    The agility trinkets do show up for BrM. It is the same loot table as WW, just BrM get the additional bonus of the dodge/mastery trinkets.

Deleted
    The details on the bonus rolls aren't 100% confirmed, but I'm fairly certain the bonus roll is on a boss basis, and not on a per item basis. If you're rolling as Brewmaster, you have a smaller chance of winning the other items. So it is a disadvantage to roll as BrM if you don't want the tanking trinket.

For example say it was 16% chance for loot on a coin, and you were rolling on the Council:

As Brewmaster:
    4% chance to win tier
    4% chance to win weapon
    4% chance to win agility trinket
    4% chance to win tanking trinket

As Windwalker
    5.3% chance to win tier
    5.3% chance to win weapon
    5.3% chance to win agility trinket

To get the best loots with your bonus rolls i would change my spec to windwalker every time you want to roll a dice. there is nothing bitter to get the "Loot" text an get one of the Stam,Mastery trinkets with that low-hp-heal bonus or shield on use. i sometimes chance my spec from windwalker to mistweaver when it comes to tier items. like windwalker get 3 items + tier token but mistweaver only 1 item and 1 tier item.

simply look at the in-game dungeon guides and filter your spec.
    13/13

Monk

Deleted
    New BM tank here just wondering what reforging I should be aiming for, this guide looks outdated and I don't trust mr robot =[

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sanzk/advanced

Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post
    New BM tank here just wondering what reforging I should be aiming for, this guide looks outdated and I don't trust mr robot =[

Thanks
    I assume you don't trust mr.robot because it tells you to gem/enchant/forge everything into haste even if it exceeds 14k haste? You can fix that.
    Go into edit stat weights Change the soft cap for haste to 0.19 and the same for Soft-capped haste. This will make it only go to 8k haste<~ and plow everything else into crit for you. If you don't want 8k haste just make the "0.19" smaller till you get the number you want.

I took the liberty of what i said above for you at 6.4k haste and this is the outcome: (don't want to image fullscale or it'll rape eyes)
    http://i.imgur.com/SUmwkjv.png?1?3677

You don't have to change your meta, but it's just preference and i kinda prefer the extra HP currently but will probably go back to agility.

Just another quick EDIT: I put this together as well as i noticed in your armory you gained a pair of legs last night so here; http://i.imgur.com/TzuCWYX.png
    Last edited by mmoc696434f4ef; 2013-04-05 at 12:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    Yes, but you should swap to windwalker anyway before bonus rolls (on council, jikun, and dark animus at least) because the tank trinkets this tier suck, except perhaps the Lei Shen one.
    I actually got the lei shen trinket a few weeks ago but I don't quite understand how it's any good. The use on it doesn't stack, gets consumed by stagger and is on a 2 minute cooldown. Are there any fights in particular that this trinket is good for? Or is it just purely because of the stamina?

Thanks
    The guide isn't outdated; you just need to understand why it tells you to get those sorts of stats. To go through the primary recommended stat prio:

Expertise and hit to 7.5%: this will smooth out your resource income, boost your DPS, and generally make your abilities more reliable.

Agility: can't reforge to it, but it's worth mentioning: it's a very solid stat for reducing damage taken through various means. There's no real caps to it, so just get more of it where you can.

Haste: haste gives more energy, thus more Chi, thus more Blackout Kicks, thus more Shuffle uptime. It's a stat that you get 'enough' of: are you able to keep Shuffle up comfortably? If yes, you don't need more haste. It's high up because getting 100% Shuffle uptime is super important, but once you do then its value drops fairly considerably.

Crit: Crit is awesome for Elusive Brew, which reduces damage taken by a hefty amount. We're unable to 'hard cap' crit in any way at the moment, so once you get your hit/exp/haste 'caps' then you stack crit and life is wonderful.

Stamina: again, can't be reforged for, but it's worth mentioning. Boosts your Effective Health, it's reliable, but it's a stat that you get 'enough' of. If you're getting spiked to death a lot, then you probably need more stamina. If spikes aren't killing you, then you have enough.

Mastery: this is the 'controversial' stat. Honestly, its worth is entirely dependent on you: what content you're doing, how quickly you're doing it, etc. Two easy questions:

10 or 25 man? If 25, mastery has more worth. 10 man, not so much.
    Cutting edge progression, heroic mode raider, or casual? The further along the scale towards 'cutting edge, world top 100 raider' you are, the more worth mastery has. The further along the scale towards 'casual, normal mode, 2 nights a week' raider you are, the less worth it has.

The theory goes that if you stack mastery, you take more damage than someone who goes haste/crit. However, that damage you take is far more smoothed out and more easily healed, so in 25 man environments where healer mana is much less of a concern (since you have 6 healers, 2 of which are probably dedicated to the tanks, rather than 2-3 healers for the entire raid) then mastery has more worth, since it reduces the amount of wipes you have to 'tank insta-gib RNG' quite significantly.

It also helps when undergeared and doing challenging content, e.g. cutting edge progression.

However, in 10 mans where healer mana is more of a concern, you want to minimise the damage you take as much as possible. Haste/crit is the way to do this. Furthermore, if you're not part of the cutting edge crowd, then you have plenty of opportunity to gear up before tackling that challenging content, so mastery has less use there.

So there you go. Figure out your reforging priority based on the above.

---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 02:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mudgy View Post
    I actually got the lei shen trinket a few weeks ago but I don't quite understand how it's any good. The use on it doesn't stack, gets consumed by stagger and is on a 2 minute cooldown. Are there any fights in particular that this trinket is good for? Or is it just purely because of the stamina?
    Mainly the stamina. It's the only stamina trinket available in T15, so it's useful for those fights where you just need a bit of extra HP.

Thanks
    Well it's outdated in terms of the talent and cooldown sections and any minor references to how much mastery rating you need to get 1%, but apart from that it's fine.

I've been very busy with a lot of stuff lately and unfortunately the guide has had to suffer because of it.

Deleted
    Okay thanks for clarification all

I have been without a computer for 2 weeks (thanks Apple...) and have just been drinking more so that I'm in tune with my inner Brewmaster when I finally get my computer back.

That being said I'm happy reading this discussion to see where we're standing on some of the later fights in ToT, especially Lei Shen. My guild was at Magera when my computer pooped out on me and they just killed Ji Kun on this past Sunday so I'm excited to hopefully be able to get back in there with them and finish out Normal Mode with them in the coming weeks.

Also, a question: I read about Method using Justmonk for their H Lei Shen kill and looked up his gear and such. On their first clear was he stacked with that much agility and crit or did he change to that since they basically have the place on farm now? I'm not used to seeing a 25man Monk not stacking Mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Seibei View Post
    Also, a question: I read about Method using Justmonk for their H Lei Shen kill and looked up his gear and such. On their first clear was he stacked with that much agility and crit or did he change to that since they basically have the place on farm now? I'm not used to seeing a 25man Monk not stacking Mastery.
    I've also been wondering this. Riggnaros' monk is also stacking crit if you look at his armory, so it's not just Method.

Quote Originally Posted by Seibei View Post
    I have been without a computer for 2 weeks (thanks Apple...) and have just been drinking more so that I'm in tune with my inner Brewmaster when I finally get my computer back.

That being said I'm happy reading this discussion to see where we're standing on some of the later fights in ToT, especially Lei Shen. My guild was at Magera when my computer pooped out on me and they just killed Ji Kun on this past Sunday so I'm excited to hopefully be able to get back in there with them and finish out Normal Mode with them in the coming weeks.

H Lei Shen is all about damage. The enrage timer is extremely tight, plus lots of adds that do damage. Monks are a perfect class for that fight with all the tools available.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    H Lei Shen is all about damage. The enrage timer is extremely tight, plus lots of adds that do damage. Monks are a perfect class for that fight with all the tools available.
    Only doing normal mode but I was taking a Decapitate at point blank range with Zen Med and the vengeance DPS from it was insane. Only problem has been other tank not being able to generate enough threat to keep me from pulling agro while I have debuff so either need to get a pally BoP or coordinate tricks/MD's to other tank after. I was experimenting with Chi Torpedo a bit last night to for the first real time since I found myself rolling through the raid a lot. Was funny getting hit by Decapitate and getting healed to full just by rolling back into the fight. Overall I love the fight as a BrM but it's rough on 25m...

I think our dmg is a huge plus for the class, our first council kill I was the top DPS. Our co-tank is pretty humble and we try to maximize my uptime/vengeance on any given fight. For Council I would take the first two Nightmares since the 1st one just gets cleaved down in no time if you save Xuen for when it spawns. Just lots of fun little tricks you can do that boost your damage without causing survival issues.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Only doing normal mode but I was taking a Decapitate at point blank range with Zen Med and the vengeance DPS from it was insane. Only problem has been other tank not being able to generate enough threat to keep me from pulling agro while I have debuff so either need to get a pally BoP or coordinate tricks/MD's to other tank after. I was experimenting with Chi Torpedo a bit last night to for the first real time since I found myself rolling through the raid a lot. Was funny getting hit by Decapitate and getting healed to full just by rolling back into the fight. Overall I love the fight as a BrM but it's rough on 25m...

I think our dmg is a huge plus for the class, our first council kill I was the top DPS. Our co-tank is pretty humble and we try to maximize my uptime/vengeance on any given fight. For Council I would take the first two Nightmares since the 1st one just gets cleaved down in no time if you save Xuen for when it spawns. Just lots of fun little tricks you can do that boost your damage without causing survival issues.
    I personally find that the easiest way to not pull threat when at very high vengeance is to swap to tiger stance for a bit. It's not perfect since you'll end up losing any shuffle you had built up, but it basically guarantees that you won't pull threat and can spam jab/blackout kick.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    I'm actually kinda scratching my head about that one.

Rig ended up with around 180k dps, Justmonk around 205k, both of which actually seem sort of low for the fight, especially for a crit build. /shrug (No, I'm not saying they're bad, I'm just not necessarily sure that they were both crit for the kill. I think they should be in the 250-300k dps range if they went full crit and didn't die.)
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2013-04-05 at 06:03 PM.