Deleted
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte...lhips/advanced

Feel free to critique my optimization
    I always respect the color gem even with crappy stat , for me bonus stats are goods ( dodge on shoulders :s )

ps : like you can see i forgot to switch my loot spec to tank when doing xuen ...

Thok - hits pretty hard. We had me tank first each phase so that I could be chi torpedoing through the raid 4 times for the second half of each phase while our other tank tanked. Chi burst heal. Avert harm + zen med shoudn't kill you (though it will nature lock you, but that's not really a problem when you're not actively tanking)

You must CD the stacking magic ability Siegecrafter does. Huh, i seem to have not put that on http://www.wendigobrewing.com/tip/ my bad I'll add that tonight. The adds didn't hit for anything threatening as long as you stay out of stuff and you should be able to kill them pretty easily.

Paragons - the total damage on the raid is almost nothing. Like, I think i used guard 3 times in 9 minutes or something, and only purified 6 times. I saw a log of someone the first week that literally didn't purify once and didn't have any issues dying. I don't know what combination starts this week. We literally just took almost no damage other than the thing where the hunter add picks a target and other people are supposed to intercept some of the damage. Honestly all I paid attention to was not screwing up the specific mechanics of the ones I was tanking and doing damage.

Garosh -
    Hits pretty hard when you have him and a bunch of adds, so i'd suggest you pull him, then taunt swap right before the adds come out, just so you have a decent chunk of vengeance to pick up and demolish the adds. I put my statue between our ranged pile and 1 side of add spawns, then would taunt the statue for the aoe taunt it does to grab those, and then just attack the ones coming from the other side. Gets the adds to you faster that way than if you keg tossed them. Then Chi burst nuke them. tank the adds just barely towards the iron star you're not killing, then stun them as it is coming. I don't actually understand it, but there's some mechanic where they death grip you if you run too far, so watch out for that.
    In p2/p3 probably prioritize using chi burst to heal during whirling corruption rather than damage.
    RJW + roll + tiger's lust is pretty nice for grabbing all the little adds during the sha phases with all the little adds. Do Not keg smash them because you don't want to slow them, you want to get everything to the end asap to get aoed.
    I doubt it's worth it in 10 man, but in 25 you can just kite all the p2/p3 adds around in circles tortos style rather than killing them, but 3 tanking in 10 man :-/

Quote Originally Posted by lairpie View Post
    The adds didn't hit for anything threatening as long as you stay out of stuff and you should be able to kill them pretty easily.

I don't know what combination starts this week./
    Saws and fire help on the damage for the Shredders. Paragons is the same as last week apparently.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Garosh -
    Hits pretty hard when you have him and a bunch of adds, so i'd suggest you pull him, then taunt swap right before the adds come out, just so you have a decent chunk of vengeance to pick up and demolish the adds. I put my statue between our ranged pile and 1 side of add spawns, then would taunt the statue for the aoe taunt it does to grab those, and then just attack the ones coming from the other side. Gets the adds to you faster that way than if you keg tossed them. Then Chi burst nuke them. tank the adds just barely towards the iron star you're not killing, then stun them as it is coming. I don't actually understand it, but there's some mechanic where they death grip you if you run too far, so watch out for that.
    In p2/p3 probably prioritize using chi burst to heal during whirling corruption rather than damage.
    RJW + roll + tiger's lust is pretty nice for grabbing all the little adds during the sha phases with all the little adds. Do Not keg smash them because you don't want to slow them, you want to get everything to the end asap to get aoed.
    I doubt it's worth it in 10 man, but in 25 you can just kite all the p2/p3 adds around in circles tortos style rather than killing them, but 3 tanking in 10 man :-/
    Are you talking 25M? The adds heal the others to full and buff them when they die, so how would picking them all up and taking them across the room help any? Or is it possible to actually nuke them down fast enough, seems kinda hard on the aoe requirement in 25 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Are you talking 25M? The adds heal the others to full and buff them when they die, so how would picking them all up and taking them across the room help any? Or is it possible to actually nuke them down fast enough, seems kinda hard on the aoe requirement in 25 though.
    Yeah 25. We didn't kill them at all. I missed 1-2 each wave that spawned right by the tank and stuck to them, so those just got cleaved down, but all the others just chased me around the room the whole 2-3rd phase. It helped to run them really far, like all the way to the wall, stun them, rocket boot (or TL or whatever your movement buff of choice is) back to soley focus on picking up all the new ones, then resume kiting. Keep in mind, the desecrated weapons are not Defile, just run right through them if you need, hits for an insignificant amount on a single tank. Also one of the only fights that I was actually glad transcendence exists for something other than just resetting bosses during wipes by porting out of the room. It was nice to run them all the way to a corner, then trans back past them when they weren't yet grouped up quite enough to just turn the normal way.

Note, I dislike running in circles for large portions of fights, but hard to argue that it wasn't way easier that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've been reading, people have switched from gemming crit and started using mastery gems. Anyone mind letting me know the reason behind this change? I'm currently raiding 10m normals with a casual guild and not taking incredible damage. Just a tad curious about this.
    Butts

Quote Originally Posted by Grozzle View Post
    From what I've been reading, people have switched from gemming crit and started using mastery gems. Anyone mind letting me know the reason behind this change? I'm currently raiding 10m normals with a casual guild and not taking incredible damage. Just a tad curious about this.
    Things hit harder. If you're doing content where you don't get hit hard, crit is fine. Personally (25HM, well, slowly progressing through HMs) I'm keeping my crit and mastery balanced and picking for each fight which I want slightly higher to get that RoRo proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Grozzle View Post
    [20:46:12.097] Malkorok hits Daught 498504 (A: 1047702)

Just your average every day hit on this fellow.

But yeah, if you're surviving just fine without mastery, why fix what isn't broken, right?
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2013-09-19 at 07:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm keeping my crit and mastery balanced and picking for each fight which I want slightly higher to get that RoRo proc.
    I coined a neck last night after having totally redone my gear for the 4 pieces I recently got and was thinking "Oh no I'll have to totally redo it all again" but worked out perfectly. Keeping it balanced around the cloak will probably be a pain for a while but meh what else I got to do after raid is over.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wished I could use the cloak =/. Our healers want the tanks to have it so they can abuse it...

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    [20:46:12.097] Malkorok hits Daught 498504 (A: 1047702)

Just your average every day hit on this fellow.

But yeah, if you're surviving just fine without mastery, why fix what isn't broken, right?
    Heroic 25? Because he hits like a wet noodle in normal 10. Note: most of that absorb is not stagger, I have low mastery.

[00:26:14.168] Malkorok hits Amp 31623 (A: 247557)

Heroic 25 maybe 20-25 seconds into my 30 sec tank phase, yeah.

Daught how big a deal has the Niuzao cloak been for you as a BrM monk. My GM and I have been discussing how its better overall for tanks, but I haven't noticed on Garrosh (who we're currently on to start heroics next week) large enough hits or times it would have saved me. Only time I've died was while tanking a bunch of adds together and the healer wasn't paying attention or it was a wipe. I've switched from gemming for crit to mastery to smooth my damage out on sunday, but still not 100% behind the tanking cloak vs dps cloak.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Daught how big a deal has the Niuzao cloak been for you as a BrM monk. My GM and I have been discussing how its better overall for tanks, but I haven't noticed on Garrosh (who we're currently on to start heroics next week) large enough hits or times it would have saved me. Only time I've died was while tanking a bunch of adds together and the healer wasn't paying attention or it was a wipe. I've switched from gemming for crit to mastery to smooth my damage out on sunday, but still not 100% behind the tanking cloak vs dps cloak.
    This thread contains a number of people's thoughts on the manner, Daught included:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ight-Dependent
    Last edited by lairpie; 2013-09-20 at 08:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    I figured my Niuzao cloak would cover it. However, it seemed to proc on the killing blow and not save me. I'm assuming there's an absorb limit, possibly max HP.
    Yes, that assumption is what the folk at maintankadin.com have concluded about the cloak too.

Thanks all for the answers. For now I'm still with crit build, might change it if healers will start whining about my survival.

This thread contains a number of people's thoughts on the manner, Daught included:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ight-Dependent
    Missed that while perusing, thank you good sir. Now I'm still torn but I spose it hurts nothing to use it on garrosh on sunday to see how it works. I just never saw a time it would proc other than when we were wiping. I went a heavier mastery build in an attempt to smooth some of my damage intake as well.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Missed that while perusing, thank you good sir. Now I'm still torn but I spose it hurts nothing to use it on garrosh on sunday to see how it works. I just never saw a time it would proc other than when we were wiping. I went a heavier mastery build in an attempt to smooth some of my damage intake as well.
    From doing all the normals and 3 heroics (25), Garrosh is really the only fight I'm a bit torn on. It's the only fight I've done so far where there's a fair amount to cleave, lots of small hits, but Garrosh himself hits pretty hard. On the other hand, a dot and various AOEs are a signifigant portion of the damage he's doing, undermining the Ox proc. I'd probably still go with the Ox cloak (I shall hereafter refer to the cloaks as ox and tiger, because I feel referring to them as tank and dps undermine's the tiger cloak's value to a tank) just because the hardest parts of the fight are mostly single target. Well, actually I just run around being chased by little sha minions for 2/3 of the fight so I use the tiger cloak to whore damage in the first phase, but I'd go Ox if I was actually tanking in the end.