Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Well...yeah, at those prices, I think I'll pass. I mean, sure, I can make 200k a day doing dailies if I want, but...even if I spend 25 days doing dailies and make the 5 mil credits, do I wanna turn around and spend them all on a neutral GTN? No, I really don't.
    Of course, there will also be more dailies in 1.2, which means you will be making more, which means it will take less days.

Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    Of course, there will also be more dailies in 1.2, which means you will be making more, which means it will take less days.
    Even if I can make 300k a day doing dailies and it only takes 15 days I'm STILL not paying 5 mil for a neutral AH on my ship, so that doesn't really matter. It also assumes I'm not going to get bored of doing the same 25 dailies or whatever every single day which is a really big assumption. As it is NOW the dailies we have are terribly uninteresting and I can't even be bothered to do all of THEM every day so adding more to the workload really isn't an incentive.

Even if I can make 300k a day doing dailies and it only takes 15 days I'm STILL not paying 5 mil for a neutral AH on my ship, so that doesn't really matter. It also assumes I'm not going to get bored of doing the same 25 dailies or whatever every single day which is a really big assumption. As it is NOW the dailies we have are terribly uninteresting and I can't even be bothered to do all of THEM every day so adding more to the workload really isn't an incentive.
    Except, that's the point. They said at the guild summit that they still wanted people to populate the fleet. However... IF you were high enough legacy, and IF you were willing to pay that much to become a hermit in your ship, then you could go ahead and do that. The high price on it is there exactly because they don't want everyone having it.

The high price on it is there exactly because they don't want everyone having it.
    ...which takes away from a lot of the "cool features" the legacy system is supposed to be used for. They hype the legacy as something cool to encourage people to play alts...not to encourage people to grind millions of credits...

Quote Originally Posted by Qwell View Post
    firstly, it reduces it to 12 hours--the amount per talent is cumulative (1hr + 2hr + 3hr = 6hr).

secondly, while the true bulk and "use" of the legacy is comin in 1.3, there are many fun and worthwhile additions that will be totally enjoyable. legacy skills chiefly among that.

lastly, unless you've played the beta, no one can really say whether it will be bad or good. just gonna have to dive in for that.
    Ok, so cooldown down to 12 hours...whoop-de-doo

Also, I think you missed the "for me" part of my post. You might enjoy the Legacy, and thats fine. I, however, will not

I know enough about 1.2 now to make up my mind that its not worth it FOR ME to resub

---------- Post added 2012-03-24 at 08:33 AM ----------

Because I did some research, looked things up some more, and corrected my previous statement.

---------- Post added 2012-03-22 at 11:29 AM ----------

Valor unlocks is reach the valor level OR legacy level and credits. I got the valor unlocks on pts and still haven't earned my legacy yet.

---------- Post added 2012-03-22 at 11:35 AM ----------

Aside from the game not needing to be "saved," the legacy isn't the only thing being added in 1.2, and we already knew it would be mostly fun stuff and cosmetic chanes, and QoL. Nothing was ever said to be other wise.

The thing in this patch that is "saving" it in some people's eyes would be all the meat of the patch, Ops, FPs, WZ, RWZs, etc etc etc...
    Let me help you out mate....you missed the "for me" part. The game needs to be saved if _I_ should resub. And while I know that there are a lot of other features coming out in 1.2, its not enough FOR ME to resub.

Im sure it will be for others though, and I hope they enjoy it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbruz View Post

Also, I think you missed the "for me" part of my post. You might enjoy the Legacy, and thats fine. I, however, will not

I know enough about 1.2 now to make up my mind that its not worth it FOR ME to resub

Let me help you out mate....you missed the "for me" part. The game needs to be saved if _I_ should resub. And while I know that there are a lot of other features coming out in 1.2, its not enough FOR ME to resub.

just because you think the game needs to be saved just for you to come back doesn't mean the game itself needs to be one persons opinion doesn't make a difference

...which takes away from a lot of the "cool features" the legacy system is supposed to be used for. They hype the legacy as something cool to encourage people to play alts...not to encourage people to grind millions of credits...
    A GTN on your ship is hardly an alt thing. They said that the legacy would also be giving benefits to your main, which this falls under. The point of legacy is not "play your alts," the point of legacy is "here is some cool stuff"

---------- Post added 2012-03-24 at 02:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lilbruz View Post

This makes you posting even more pointless than it was. If it's FOR YOU, and saved FOR YOU, I fail to understand how any single feature in a game would suddenly make you want to play a game you appear to not like already. If the game "needs to be saved for you to like it" than one feature, not matter what it is, will not do that. If it "needs to be saved for you to like it" then you should just move along.

didnt they say you can chose if your character levels faster with pvp and stuff like that? is that in the game?

A GTN on your ship is hardly an alt thing. They said that the legacy would also be giving benefits to your main, which this falls under. The point of legacy is not "play your alts," the point of legacy is "here is some cool stuff"[COLOR="red"]
    Except it's not much "benefit" for your main if you have to farm 5mil credits to get the stupid thing. The legacy was built up as something that gives benefits to your toons, not add huge gold sinks for them.

A GTN on your ship is hardly an alt thing. They said that the legacy would also be giving benefits to your main, which this falls under. The point of legacy is not "play your alts," the point of legacy is "here is some cool stuff"

---------- Post added 2012-03-24 at 02:22 AM ----------

This makes you posting even more pointless than it was. If it's FOR YOU, and saved FOR YOU, I fail to understand how any single feature in a game would suddenly make you want to play a game you appear to not like already. If the game "needs to be saved for you to like it" than one feature, not matter what it is, will not do that. If it "needs to be saved for you to like it" then you should just move along.
    lol how much more do they need to add to please you?

They also haven't highlighted the huge performance increases that most people are experiencing, but even without that there is heaps of content being added and 1.3 and 1.4 are already being worked on.

Legacy is fun additions (which I don't really care about) and some perks to assist with alts (which I do care about). Nothing is mandatory, just unlock the features you want and don't do the ones you don't. Pretty simple really.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    All those really show is that you don't have the legacy level for those but do have the creds. Not that you have to have the level and the creds.
    Other abilities when you meet the "Unlock" Requirements simply become active. If it's a purchase one, you click on it, and it asks you to accept the cost or not. In the case of the ones I showed, it says I have insufficient legacy level.

The point being, if I have the credits for it, if what you were saying was correct, I'd be able be able to buy the unlocks already, but I can't, since I have to meet both of the listed requirements for the Purchase Requirements, which are the credits AND the level, which yeah, means those ship unlocks and stuff, you can only get by paying money - at least as of right now.

Except it's not much "benefit" for your main if you have to farm 5mil credits to get the stupid thing. The legacy was built up as something that gives benefits to your toons, not add huge gold sinks for them.
    It's still a benefit. If you don't like it, don't get it. For 5mil credits you get the benefit of being a hermit.

---------- Post added 2012-03-24 at 11:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    Other abilities when you meet the "Unlock" Requirements simply become active. If it's a purchase one, you click on it, and it asks you to accept the cost or not. In the case of the ones I showed, it says I have insufficient legacy level.

The point being, if I have the credits for it, if what you were saying was correct, I'd be able be able to buy the unlocks already, but I can't, since I have to meet both of the listed requirements for the Purchase Requirements, which are the credits AND the level, which yeah, means those ship unlocks and stuff, you can only get by paying money - at least as of right now.
    I do like how this picture lays it all out.
    http://www.oldrepublic.net/legacy.html (I don't like just linking to other sites, but I haven't seen it elsewhere)

Basically, you'll see "Unlock requirements" and "Purchase requirements." If you hit all the unlock requirements, you automatically get it. If you use the purchase requirements, then you must meet all the requirements in the purchase list. If something has unlock AND purchase requirements, you can do EITHER of them to get it.

I do like how this picture lays it all out.
    http://www.oldrepublic.net/legacy.html
    Oh, that makes it so much nicer. One companion from each group to get all the bonuses, but multiple companions in a group don't stack. Going off SWTOR-Spy's list:
    Accuracy bonus (Melee Tank): Tanno Vik, Bowdaar, Lord Scourge, Qyzen Fess, Skadge, Broonmark, Khem Val, Scorpio
    Critical Hit bonus (Ranged DPS): Aric Jorgan, Risha, Sergeant Rusk, Zenith, Gault, Vette, Anronikos, Ensign Temple
    Surge rating (Melee DPS): Yuun, Akaavi Spar, Kira Carsen, Nadia Grell, Torian Cadera, Jaesa Wilsaam, Vector
    Healing Received (Healer): Elara Dorne, Guss Tuno, Doc, Tharan Cedrax, Mako, Malavai Quinn, Talos Drellik, Doctor Lokin
    Max Health (Ranged Tank): M1-4X, Corso Riggs, T7-01, Lieutenant Iresso, Blizz, Lieutenant Pierce, Xalek, Kaliyo

So this means if you happen to have one character who has affection maxed on all 5 companions, you're set for all your characters on that server (all 5 of those buffs, Heroic Moment lasts an additional minute (+12 seconds per buff), Heroic Moment's CD is reduced by 5 min (to a whopping 15) and +50 Presence). However, you can also mix and match; just one from each group completed will give you that group's buff, though if you have two or more in a group they don't stack (so no double-dipping on the Max Health buff by completing Blizz & Xalek's companion quests, or doubling Accuracy by completing Tanno Vik & Skadge's quests.

This is awesome.

great picture, thanks very much for sharing

a lot of nice stuff in there, the prices are absolutely ok in my opinion.

cann anyone tell meh about the rocket boost ability? how much faster? how long? cooldown? usable in combat/warzones/operations?

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    usable in combat/warzones/operations?
    I'm not sure on your other points, but legacy abilities will NOT be able to be used in WZs or OPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    I'm not sure on your other points, but legacy abilities will NOT be able to be used in WZs or OPs.
    you mean the heroic moment abilities right?
    thats clear, you need a companion for them.

am sure there is a lot of legacy stuff you can use in warzones and operations, like the new emotes, new race/class combinations, the stat boni from companions and many more.

I havent read anything about the rocket boost though.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    you mean the heroic moment abilities right?
    thats clear, you need a companion for them.

am sure there is a lot of legacy stuff you can use in warzones and operations, like the new emotes, new race/class combinations, the stat boni from companions and many more.

I havent read anything about the rocket boost though.
    The heroic moment abilities are different from the new legacy abilities. The Force Choke that you earn and are able to use on your Trooper alt isn't able to be used in WZs or OPs for balancing reason. I'm not sure about FPs though.

I like that there will be multiple ways of acquiring things, to suit peoples playstyles.

I like playing a bunch of alts, I'm already legacy level 25, so a lot of this will unlock straight away. I'm probably not going to put any actual money into the legacy system.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    The heroic moment abilities are different from the new legacy abilities. The Force Choke that you earn and are able to use on your Trooper alt isn't able to be used in WZs or OPs for balancing reason. I'm not sure about FPs though.
    yeah but what about the rocket boost? thats not a heroic moment ability, or is it?

And I was aware you cant use heroic moment abilities in WZ/OPS, as I said, they alread communicated that, because you need a companion for them.
    So you probably can use them in FP if you have an active companion with you.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    yeah but what about the rocket boost? thats not a heroic moment ability, or is it?
    The abilities that you earn through the legacy system can not be used for OPs or WZs. Basically, anything that isn't natural to the class you are leveling (ie Sticky Grenade being used by a JK) can not be used in OPs or WZs and likely world PvP areas like Ilum.