Page 3 of 122 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Vow of Unity is kinda disappointing now , with only 15 sec duration and non-usable on tanks feel like a pvp utility, if non tank player taking dmg its usually healable with normal heals , no need for 2 min cd (not to mention we already have pain suppression/guardian spirit for it)
    Last edited by mmocd231660b79; 2012-03-22 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Dominate Mind sounds like an upgraded Mind Control. The big thing is that it also can target non-humanoids (any non-machine). This way it's actually a real CC, in ways MC never was.
    Going after spell IDs, Dominate Mind has the same ID as Mind Control, which would mean that Mind Control is gone for good (while psychic scream is baseline again).

Other then that, a question for the beta guys: Which of the following Serendipity tooltips is the correct one?
    1) Shadow of Death: When your Mind Blast deals damage, there is 40% chance your next Shadow Word: Death will treat the target as if it were below 20% health.
    2) Shadow of Death: When your Shadowy Apparitions deal damage, your next Shadow Word: Death will treat the target as if it is below 20% health.

Deleted
    I still don't think what to think about priest changes into MOP. I know they said they working on priest class now, but i just our glyph and it's pretty awful.

Glyph of Dispel Magic - Your Dispel Magic spell also damages your target for 0 Holy damage when you successfully dispel a magical effect.
    vs. paladin
    Glyph of Cleansing - Your Cleanse will remove one movement impairing effect if cast on yourself.
    ^^
    i know this is mostly from PVP perspective, but i just don't see, any better survival abilitiest for priest.

than nerf other glyphs such as lightwell, CoH, Penance.

Dominate Mind souds great, but if it's working same way like mind control, and you can;t do nothing else while casting it, it's still crap.

Not speccing Angelic Bullwark wrong? i see more and more CC/silence/interrupt abilitiest each class gets and with shield stil dispellable i think final prayer is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicKiller View Post
    Not speccing Angelic Bullwark wrong? i see more and more CC/silence/interrupt abilitiest each class gets and with shield stil dispellable i think final prayer is much better.
    There are two possibilties here (going after datamined information)

1) Angelic Bulwark has taken Final Prayers effect
    2) Final Prayer is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Going after spell IDs, Dominate Mind has the same ID as Mind Control, which would mean that Mind Control is gone for good (while psychic scream is baseline again).

Other then that, a question for the beta guys: Which of the following Serendipity tooltips is the correct one?
    1) Shadow of Death: When your Mind Blast deals damage, there is 40% chance your next Shadow Word: Death will treat the target as if it were below 20% health.
    2) Shadow of Death: When your Shadowy Apparitions deal damage, your next Shadow Word: Death will treat the target as if it is below 20% health.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Edit:
    Devouring Plague seems to be gone.
    i hope NOT!!
    Last edited by mmoca5ba36b6e2; 2012-03-22 at 12:18 PM.

Thx Theed and next questions:
    - Can you Void Shift your Shadowfiend?
    - I posted two angelic bulwark versions above, which one is the correct?
    - How are the animations of Tendrils and Psyfiend?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Thx Theed and next questions:
    - Can you Void Shift your Shadowfiend?
    - I posted two angelic bulwark versions above, which one is the correct?
    - How are the animations of Tendrils and Psyfiend?
    1. Yes you can.
    2. Angelic Bulwark has taken Final Prayers effect.
    3. Im going to upload clips of the animations to youtube soon. (Most of them are unfinished/placeholders.)

I really liked the Mind Control name to be honest. No need to rename an old staple spell if you ask me, and at this point it's just going to be a bunch of confusion akin to Leap of Faith. Everyone and their granny calls it lifegrip anyway.

Out of the new glyphs, it's not exactly exciting reading I'm afraid.

Glyph of Lightwell going to +2 charges seemed like a particularly pointless nerf, and brings back bad memories of a certain glyph that increased the duration of improved death by a few seconds...
    Sure.. maybe pandaria is going to be the expansion where Lightwell is going to change the world of healing, and a +2 charge glyph is actually going to mean something. But I remain skeptic of that scenario.

The new and improved glyph of improved death actually managed to take that lesson of not being pointless to heart, and it is vastly better at this point - I think this is going to be a good glyph in battlegrounds. Maybe not as useful in PVE though. Still, I won't complain about +10 seconds, and at this point it's replacing my lightwell glyph even for PVE.

The new glyph of CoH is so bad that I don't even know where to begin. The current implementation hurt a lot already, but was largely offset by the fact that dragon soul dropped some really awesome regen trinkets. That won't be the case in pandaria. If cata was an indication of mana situations, +35% manacost means the glyph is going to be unused for more than half the expansion pack. I guess we need more info on how regen will play out first though, but I cannot imagine anyone wanting to take this glyph.

I like that inner sanctum turned into a glyph though. It's a good choice, but I would like to see Atonement in there somewhere.

Glyph of Enfeeblement.. i'm not so sure this is a good idea. Its main use is in PVP, and we all know how popular it is when one random proc mean the decision between a win and a loss. It's smelling of blackout all over again...

I would like to say that I'm gonna miss the old Glyph of dispel magic. But that would be a lie. After it was nerfed to heck, I cannot say I even noticed it. We'll see how the new one plays out, but as a PVE healer I cannot say I am much interested.

----

Theed: Oooh, that's good news. I thought it was the other one that was current
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like our "new" glyphs took the most nerfs and are severely underpowered compared with everyone else's. Seem they are either useless (+10 sec Imp. Death, NTY), or have far too many trade-offs (+2 sec CD, +35% mana cost, -1 charge, etc.). While some risk/reward ones are needed, all of them are that way, while some Pally/Shaman/Druid glyphs are pure gains(Glyph of Lifebloom, Glyph of Flash of Light, etc.) I dunno, just feel sort of cheated. And seriously, our new Glyph of Dispel Magic? WTB the heal back...

According to http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4247145136, Dispel Magic has been split into an offensive and a defensive spell. The defensive one has a 8 sec cooldown and kills all debuffs. The offensive one can be glyphed, has a 8 sec cooldown, and kills one buff.

Not sure why that was necessary. I though they were trimming our spellbooks, not expanding them. Could easily have been one spell. It's not like everyone won't map it up as one macro deciding spell choice based on target classification (friendly, hostile) anyway....

Lots of good spriest info in that link though!
    Last edited by Danner; 2012-03-22 at 03:11 PM.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Could easily have been one spell.
    Purify will probably be Holy/Disc only...

Probably. And a good point.

But it could easily still have been a single spell. As shadow, it's not able to target friendlies. Simple solution.
    Considering how long we have had a duality target dispel magic, it's just a cheap copout to split them now.

Deleted
    Hmm i just got my shadow on the beta server and noticed that, while you can pick dark archangle as a talent there is no evangelism in the game anymore so you can´t use AA am I missing something ore are the guys at blizz just retards ?

Quote Originally Posted by Squawl View Post
    Hmm i just got my shadow on the beta server and noticed that, while you can pick dark archangle as a talent there is no evangelism in the game anymore so you can´t use AA am I missing something ore are the guys at blizz just retards ?
    There is at least a version on wowdb.com that doesn't require Dark Evagelism: http://www.wowdb.com/spells/87153-dark-archangel

Probably. And a good point.

But it could easily still have been a single spell. As shadow, it's not able to target friendlies. Simple solution.
    Considering how long we have had a duality target dispel magic, it's just a cheap copout to split them now.
    You're kind of missing the point, it can't really have a dual cooldown. Purging a buff off an enemy in PvP leaves us completely vulnerable to everything being thrown at us? Pass. This right here is a great thing to happen when we're looking at giving Dispels a cooldown.

---------- Post added 2012-03-22 at 10:46 AM ----------

Shadow of Death has me absolutely terrified. We saw how well that worked out for Sudden Death, and it ended up neutering Execute for Arms Warriors (can't balance an execute ability around burst damage pre-execute phase, otherwise "omg burst"). I don't want the same thing to happen here. Great idea, just really scared it won't be.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Just tested it again AA can´t be activated ... I think i write a ticket

with the apparitions i can see them being used in pvp as a cd type thing against melee who are in your face. *perhaps coupled with spectral guise to fade away, activate apparitions and swd. *of course, we'll need to test those situations. *if orbs have some sort of cd or are hard to get it'll be a tough decision using them instead of something like a fully powered mind blast. *

this expansion really is about choices. *I don't think they'll get rid of apparitions in any way. *look how long it took them to make light well useful. *if you're in beta please test the apparitions in pvp, duels and in any other way you can. *otherwise we'll be stuck ass with a crappy spell.

Deleted
    Apparitions are the only way to burn shadow orbs minblast generates orbs now and no they are realy not hard to get I think the the rate they are generated with the new mastery system is even to high you can barely keep up your 2 dots on multiple targets because of the lots of procs

Quote Originally Posted by Squawl View Post
    Apparitions are the only way to burn shadow orbs minblast generates orbs now and no they are realy not hard to get I think the the rate they are generated with the new mastery system is even to high you can barely keep up your 2 dots on multiple targets because of the lots of procs
    Mindblast generates one Orb every 6.5 seconds, and at the stream i watched it seemed as if SW:P only generates Orbs when it's cast (and not when it ticks).

So basically you can go on and run in circles, spam SW:P for it's new instant damage component, with 3 orbs unleash your apparitions. At least we now have something to do while moving.