A simple question about shadow

Hello everyone
    Now this question i have might sound overly simple or even noobish to some of you.
    pardon me i have played MDPS mostly in my 4 years of WOW (YES i LOVE rets! sue me.)having a go at the casters
    now in MOP and ive chosen spriests.

now i have gotten the rotation from noxxic.com... however 1 little clarification is needed.
    lets say i am doing Mind flay as filler as everything else is cd.
    Haflway through mind flay cast.. Instant MB or DP or MS procs.
    shoud i finish casting that mind flay then proceed with those or cut it halfway and straight go to the procs ?

Thanks in advance.

From my understanding wait till the next tick in flay then cast the spell.

Cast Mindblast ASAP. If you're using Divine insight talent, then cast DP ASAP also. If not, then you can finish MF, and then cast DP.
    For MS you can finish Mindflay first.
    Last edited by Forsay; 2012-09-22 at 09:49 AM.

If you can accurately cast abilities after a mind flay tick, interrupt it for any procs, any cd's coming up(shadow fiend/halo), and for dp if you spec into divine insight. The first tick is easy since its after the global finishes, the second one you probably will need an addon like quartz that marks the tick points of a channeled spell.

As best as I can understand it, the Interrupt ASAP for Mindblast. You should never have to worry about Devouring Plague, because you should always use it following a Mind Blast, regardless of Divine Insight procs.

A small nuance that can potentially greatly increase your DPS is to always clip Mindflay IMMEDIATELY after the second tick when you recast Mindflay. Mindflay works like any other DoT, and if you recast it between the second-to-last and last ticks, the last tick will carry over. So you shouldn't cast Mindflay through its entire duration if your next spell will be Mindflay. Just wait until after the second tick. A cast bar addon that shows ticks like Quarts will help greatly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    As best as I can understand it, the Interrupt ASAP for Mindblast. You should never have to worry about Devouring Plague, because you should always use it following a Mind Blast, regardless of Divine Insight procs.

A small nuance that can potentially greatly increase your DPS is to always clip Mindflay IMMEDIATELY after the second tick when you recast Mindflay. Mindflay works like any other DoT, and if you recast it between the second-to-last and last ticks, the last tick will carry over. So you shouldn't cast Mindflay through its entire duration if your next spell will be Mindflay. Just wait until after the second tick. A cast bar addon that shows ticks like Quarts will help greatly.
    It is a dps gain to wait for the next tick of mindflay before casting mindblast, that way you aren't wasting the already-spent time channeling it. Depending on your current stats, the window after which it would be a dps gain to interrupt mindflay for mindblast would be different, but I would roughly assume 300 ms.
    For new players, however, just interrupt it asap and don't go for peanut butter benefits until you've captured the feel of the spec.
    I don't see how it's a dps gain to always clip mindflay immediately after the second tick. You should clip it, yes, if you're going to charge in another one. However, you do spend a global on it, which can potentially be used for a possible upcoming proc or whatnot.
    Last edited by Celentes; 2012-09-23 at 08:00 AM.

mindflay is one of our top damage dealers so you'll definitely want an addon like quartz so you can see where the ticks happen and interrupt the cast after the nearest one has finished.

In most cases - yes, it's better to wait for next tick. But for new player it will be pretty hard, also you need good fps and perfect latency to do this right.