Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spectrial PoS is back... WHY?!? Terrible spell is terrible and pointless... Other stuff looks interesting at least at for shadow, healing still is as boring as before...

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    Stuff can change. As we are now seeing.

---------- Post added 2012-03-22 at 04:50 AM ----------

What worries me is Shadowy Apparitions. Making it the way to consume orbs is neat, but if they move and act like they do on live that'll just be pitifully bad.
    Exactly. On any fight where the apparition can't path to the target, then we lost both that GCD + any SWD we would be able to use execute buffed above 20%. Which leaves us with VT, SWP, MF and MB above 20%.

I'm really, really worried. The only way it'll work is if they make it so that they fly, but that won't happen.

From what I'm reading here, this all sound like crap to me.
    I don't like Spectral Guise, it doesn't seem fun or useful. I mean it can be useful for PvP... kinda, but I can't see a possible use for this in PvE, wtb utility spells that actually are useful

Proc on SWD is cool... but 4x dmg on a spell that already can often not be used at all (without 4pc t13) without insta-gibbing ourselves.

Shadowy Apparitions being cast sounds super stupid.
    Less dots sounds way less fun.

Phantasm sounds cool.

Did you guys miss that they said Death no longer has any backlash?

I greatly dislike the removal of one of our DoTs, and am extremely apprehensive about apparitions being our orb power unless they get turned into a projectile. Like weaving Spike and Death into the rotation, though.

Spectral Guise sounds entirely underwhelming as an 87 spell. Then again, a brief glance at what wowhead, it's the same for half the classes. A few get awesome abilities (shammies, warriors) but others are severely slanted towards PvE-uselessness (paladin).

Some priest glyphs from WoW Insider:

Glyph of Circle of Healing
    Your Circle of Healing spell heals 1 additional target, but its mana cost is increased by 35%.

Glyph of Prayer of Mending
    The first charge of your Prayer of Mending heals for an additional 60% but your Prayer of Mending has 1 fewer charges.

Glyph of Holy Fire
    Your Holy Fire spell is now instant
    Dragonslayer Hoddie - pretending to know what I'm doing!

Spectral Guise is just Fade v 2.0, useful for PVP but not for PVE.
    If that is the final ability, then we're stuck with two Fade spells.
    The sound of underwhelming enthusiasm is beautiful to behold.

--

Matticus over at plusheal also reports some glyph changes. Not many though, compared to the other healers (and paladins in particular), Priests just don't seem much done.

Glyph of Power Word: Shield
    Glyph of Power Word: Shield 20% of the absorb from your Power Word: Shield spell is converted into healing.
    Changed from: "Your Power Word: Shield also heals the target for 20% of the absorption amount. "
    Now a major glyph instead of prime. Prime glyphs removed from the game and all.
    I assume this glyph isn't increasing output by 20% anymore, just converting 20% of the shield to a heal.
    This is probably a good thing, makes the glyph less mandatory, and shields will likely just be rebalanced in strength around this anyway.

Glyph of Holy Fire
    Your Holy Fire spell is now instant.
    Looks neat, and potentially very good for those atonement burst healing scenarios.

Glyph of Prayer of Mending
    The first charge of your Prayer of Mending heals for an additional 60% but your Prayer of Mending has 1 fewer charges.
    Changed from: The first charge of your Prayer of Mending heals for an additional 60%.
    Now a major glyph instead of prime. Nerfed to match the power levels of other major glyphs I guess.

Edit: Ninja'ed.
    Edit: Fact checked. Thanks zsun!
    Last edited by Danner; 2012-03-22 at 08:34 AM.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Except that Prayer of Mending has always been a major glyph...

I just had a great idea for how to handle Shadowy Apparitions in its new, activated form.

Make it a fast-moving projectile you fire instantly with as many "bolts" as you have orbs at the time of casting. Think one tick of Arcane Missiles, except reskinned or remodeled. Or something similar, I dunno. I think it'll feel odd to fire one instant (Apparitions) that activates another instant (SWD), but if that's what they want to do with the Apparitions then this is what it needs to be in order to not be terrible (aka the slow-moving garbage we have on live).

10+ Year Old Account
    Current Priest Beta Tree

http://i.imgur.com/F4acR.jpg

Sorry I suck at thumbnail and didn't want to post the big pic

Quote Originally Posted by Lellybaby View Post
    thanks! And still 2 unannounced talents, nice.

Void Craprils and Shitfiend still in game. Hopefully when they see every single priest speccing Dominate Mind for everything they'll rethink it.

Dominate Mind is basically Mind Control, right?
    I can't find the details on wowdb.com, so I don't know

Moving Void Swap to the same tier as Desperate Prayer and Angelic Bulwark may be a good idea, actually. But I fear it may be the best of the lot, by far. Also: Angelic Bulwark still sucks for anyone not discipline.

Divine Insight is basically Serendipity. Not sure I like the shadow flavor of this talent though.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    nooooo i hope through talents / glypths we can keep our shadow priests the way they are now

Dominate is just like MC except it also has a 30 second cd... So I don't know why you think people would want that. The other two work pretty well in beta atm.

I can't find holy nava in my spell book even though there is a glyph for it.

Don't see anything for the old talent that reduced the duration of weakened soul.

Path of the Devout is awesome with the 30 second buff after it's removed :0. You can spam it to keep the buff up even while taking dmg atm.

VT heals for 15 percent of the dmg done.

No sign of DP which causes the rotation to be rather empty.

You can use PI in shadow form.

Phyfiend looks just like shadow fiend.

Oh yeah and I have 750k hp and my smites hit for 100k but, thats probably a bug.

I got into a new 5 man and soloed a boss .
    Last edited by Catracie; 2012-03-22 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Dominate Mind is basically Mind Control, right?
    I can't find the details on wowdb.com, so I don't know

Moving Void Swap to the same tier as Desperate Prayer and Angelic Bulwark may be a good idea, actually. But I fear it may be the best of the lot, by far. Also: Angelic Bulwark still sucks for anyone not discipline.
    On angelic Bulwark: There are two versions of this spell in the db: http://www.wowdb.com/spells/114214-angelic-bulwark and http://www.wowdb.com/spells/108946-angelic-bulwark
    One is the old Final Prayer, the other good upgraded and now includes the new VE (for shadow) and binding heal (for shadow and holy).

Dominate Mind is a CC like Mindcontrol, just that it is instant and channeled and castable on Beast, Dragonkin, Demon, Elemental, Giant, Undead, Humanoid, Critter - http://www.wowdb.com/spells/605-dominate-mind

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    On angelic Bulwark: There are two versions of this spell in the db: http://www.wowdb.com/spells/114214-angelic-bulwark and http://www.wowdb.com/spells/108946-angelic-bulwark
    One is the old Final Prayer, the other good upgraded and now includes the new VE (for shadow) and binding heal (for shadow and holy).

Dominate Mind is a CC like Mindcontrol, just that it is instant and channeled and castable on Beast, Dragonkin, Demon, Elemental, Giant, Undead, Humanoid, Critter - http://www.wowdb.com/spells/605-dominate-mind
    Except in game Dominate Mind still has a 1.5 second cast atm.

Im actually happy about spriests now! We look more interesting huzzah

Deleted
    so we have a 40% chance of a 50% chance of something under 20% proccing something to give us back something that has a 78% chance of doing 2% damage. Possibly made up these percentages but it's starting to feel a bit like this

Thanks for that info!

Angelic Bulwark v2 is an improvement over the old travesty. It's still heavily designed for discpriests, but at least it has some use for the other specs at this point. That said, I won't exactly call it a powerhouse for Holy or Shadow, but it's an option to consider. I think it will still lose out to Void Swap though. For disc however, it's utterly mandatory. It is a question of a throughput talent increasing your best heals by 30%... vs two survival talents. Not speccing Angelic Bulwark as disc is simply wrong at this point. And that makes it bad design.

Dominate Mind sounds like an upgraded Mind Control. The big thing is that it also can target non-humanoids (any non-machine). This way it's actually a real CC, in ways MC never was.
    To you beta people: Does taking this talent remove Mind Control from your spellbook? Does it have a shared CD with Mind Control?

Path of the devout looks pretty nice with that "lasts after being interrupted" change, but ... it's totally invalidating inner will, isn't it?

Edit:

Rolfarris: I was thinking the exact same thing after looking at Divine Insight...