Monk Heirloom Staff found

Looking through the datamined stuff so far, I found this:

79131-temporary-heirloom-monk-staff-name

No official name, graphics or even stats - but still awesome to see it's in there! (I'd post the link but I'm a first poster so can't yet - just search for "monk staff" and it'll turn up.)

As a future Brewmaster reroll, it certainly makes me happy!

http://www.wowdb.com/items/79131-tem...onk-staff-name

That, you mean, I take it?

Hopefully it will be buyable before mists comes out so all of us Monks can get our hands on one beforehand.

I was under the impression monks could use maces... couldn't they just use the 2h mace? O_o

EDIT: Nevermind, they can use 1h maces, but not 2h maces. How strange.
    Last edited by Myzou; 2012-03-22 at 12:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    awesometastic, I hope they give it a badass model something super monk looking

also put tank stats on it (medium Agi, HIGH stam and a bunch of dodge) then Druids can get it as well.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Hopefully it will be buyable before mists comes out so all of us Monks can get our hands on one beforehand.
    I already have 2x Venerable Mass of McGowan but the staff would look so much cooler.

It'd be nice if it could be itemised for all agility staff users: Hunters, Ferals, Bears, Brewmasters, and Windwalkers if you want to 2h.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Tanks are bowls. Healers are milk. DPS is the cereal. If you don't have a bowl, nothing's going anywhere but where you don't want it. If your milk's bad, the whole meal is instantly ruined. If there is not enough cereal, the whole meal is a failure and you aren't satisfied.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivirus View Post
    I already have 2x Venerable Mass of McGowan but the staff would look so much cooler.

It'd be nice if it could be itemised for all agility staff users: Hunters, Ferals, Bears, Brewmasters, and Windwalkers if you want to 2h.
    Since I'm rolling brewmaster, dual wielding will probably be not so good of an idea. But, like the extremely pseudo-OCD person that I am, I am already preparing everything I need to get my monk up to speed, including hand-farming enough ore and herbs to powerlevel inscription and blacksmithing from 1 to 525, so if the staff isnt avaliable by the time the 5.0 pre-expansion patch comes out, I'll have the mats to create some polearms so that my weapons are always top notch whilst leveling.

Hopefully we can get it by launch! If not, I have the two 1h sword heirlooms with Crusader on both waiting for him.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Although it would never happen, the single greatest model this could use would be Atiesh. The model has Monk written all over it. I assume this will go live when 5.0 hits, which will be a few weeks before MoP launches. Even if it doesn't come out before MoP hits stores, you could just have your points saved, buy it immediately when the expansion goes live, and send it.

I just hope they replace the two-handed mace.
    They should be smart enough to realize that they can cut down the amount of BoAs in the game and increase the amount of classes using one of them.
    A staff/polearm would be useable by monks AND druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobley View Post
    I just hope they replace the two-handed mace.
    They should be smart enough to realize that they can cut down the amount of BoAs in the game and increase the amount of classes using one of them.
    A staff/polearm would be useable by monks AND druids.
    Or just let Monks use 2H-Maces, since they can use 1H ones.

Going with your idea, however, they should just forgo making any +agi 2H Maces at all (and remove Druid's ability to use them), seeing as even at end-game, only one class would be able to benefit from them. So then we'd have 2h-Maces/Swords for Plate DPS and Staves/Polearms for Monks/Druids.

If they give them the 2H mace ability since they can use 1H ones, they should give them the ability to use 2H swords too? Doesn't really make sense. But yeah, they should just remove the ability for druids to use 2H maces and not make any more 2H agi maces, since they're never itemized that way any more.

There's always a chance this will be itemized quite differently from the Repurposed Lava Dredger, too.

Perhaps to give a clear tanking option for both monks and druids, maybe this one will give some Dodge as a secondary stat or something. There is the current heirloom tanking sword with Parry, for example.

So a Stam/Agi/Dodge staff would certainly fill a gap that hasn't been covered yet, and might be what we can expect here.

Just change the lava dredger into said staff or polearm and call it a day. No point in having a BoA weapon like that when changing it would give infinitely more usability across the board.