Page 3 of 218 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    wtb a shaman mop stream
    http://www.twitch.tv/shaboozey

Its Jesse Cox so it will be more about goofing around with Crendor than shaman stuff but you might be able to pick some stuff up in the backround.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    really liking most updates, wondering how this will work out. Can't wait for some Beta footage

Do we know whats our lvl 90 new spell?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoptam View Post
    Do we know whats our lvl 90 new spell?
    Most people aren't getting a specific spell for level 90. Instead, you've got your final tier of talents.

So, if you like, you get to pick one of three final spells, and you can change it whenever you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Most people aren't getting a specific spell for level 90. Instead, you've got your final tier of talents.

So, if you like, you get to pick one of three final spells, and you can change it whenever you like.
    oh so thats how it is. Thx for fast answer

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Druids got astral form instead of shaman. Its official I'm upset.
    I'm sorry, you seem to have forgotten Ascendance already. Our level 87 skill? The one where we become an elemental based on spec and fuck shit up? (or heal shit up)

Lava Beam? 30-yard Stormstrike? Hellooooooo?
    Now, THIS thing? THIS thing is horrible. It's just awful. It was awful at 60 and it was awful at 58. It's awful at 45. If this dropped off a mob in Wailing Caverns when you were level 17 and being run through by a higher level character, you would equip it ONLY because you don't have trinkets at that level, and it would STILL SUCK.
    -Wowhead user on the Lion Horn of Stormwind, an epic from the era of so-called "EPIC" epics.

Not sure if this is the place for it but any models for Pandaren totems as of yet?

omg dem glyphs. Chain and Riptide look awesome for resto.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    I'm overall happy, but several things leave me torn.

Happy:

Changes to Astral Shift
    Most of the Glyphs
    Resto Baseline Ancestral Vigor, I thought they scrapped it
    HST Totem Change

Mixed:

Glyph of Chaining...is it meant to be out spread heal now? On the one hand, I am happy we have something now, but the -15% healing irks me. Why is it there? Also, I thought this wasn't technically possible? That's pretty annoying since we could have used the range way before now, but I guess it's possible they found a way between then and now.

Glyph of TC: I'll be honest, I never wanted to see this talent again in any form, and I almost flew into a mildly embarrassing tirade when I saw it. But if my napkin math is correct, (plus the looks the few casts I've seen so far in Beta), it really will never be a mana regen mechanic again like it is now, and it might be what it was meant to be, an option for people who want to cast for whatever reason as Resto. That -30% damage is too big of a cut to be any realistic mana gain. If I am ever forced to deal with TC in a raiding environment again however, I'll probably shelf my Shaman until that's no longer the case.

Bad:
    This is just for Resto, but uh...90 talents don't seem like much of a choice for me at all. ELW imbue sounds ok (PotI for Resto will have its place on some fights) but why would I ever want the other two? I suppose they could have changed Earth Elemental Totem drastically to protect allies better and provide mitigation buffs/spells on demand as a pseudo CD, but I can't see myself ever taking the Elemental Blast thing. Maybe they could make it heal for Resto spec? LoD type thing? That might be interesting.

Edit: Actually, scrap the above paragraph. It's actually very bad, because I just read the Elemental Blast spell correctly. Are they seriously basically wanting me to take a 2 sec cast spell and basically use it on CD so I can have a 5% buff? I really hope this changes. Right now that's really the only talent out of the 3 for Resto to take (Imbue does not compare to a 5% stat increase) and a 2 sec cast every ~12 secs for an 8 sec buff is a worse mechanic than TC is now. I quit playing my Warlock in PvE because of the shitty hardcast Soulfire buff mechanic and this is basically the same thing. DO NOT WANT.
    Last edited by Kenai; 2012-03-22 at 07:33 AM.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenai View Post
    This is just for Resto, but uh...90 talents don't seem like much of a choice for me at all. ELW imbue sounds ok (PotI for Resto will have its place on some fights) but why would I ever want the other two? I suppose they could have changed Earth Elemental Totem drastically to protect allies better and provide mitigation buffs/spells on demand as a pseudo CD, but I can't see myself ever taking the Elemental Blast thing. Maybe they could make it heal for Resto spec? LoD type thing? That might be interesting.
    I suspect the Earth Elemental will gain Resto-centric abilities. Two different DPS abilities on a shared cooldown when Enhancement and Elemental would want Fire? Nah. We'll see when someone hits 90.
    Now, THIS thing? THIS thing is horrible. It's just awful. It was awful at 60 and it was awful at 58. It's awful at 45. If this dropped off a mob in Wailing Caverns when you were level 17 and being run through by a higher level character, you would equip it ONLY because you don't have trinkets at that level, and it would STILL SUCK.
    -Wowhead user on the Lion Horn of Stormwind, an epic from the era of so-called "EPIC" epics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenai View Post
    I'm overall happy, but several things leave me torn.

Happy:

Changes to Astral Shift
    What'd they do to Astral Shift that's so good?

Took off the healing/damage penalty.

They removed the part where it reduces your damage and healing, so now it is simply a damage reduction cd with no negative.

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    They removed the part where it reduces your damage and healing, so now it is simply a damage reduction cd with no negative.
    Oh neato. I'll still take the Bulwark Totem though =)
    Last edited by Northy; 2012-03-22 at 08:27 AM.

I am so TOTALLY liking this so far! :O
    Capacitor totem! O_o Yes, please! >8D
    Btw repulsion totem icon is still there ...
    Last edited by Eliot123; 2012-03-22 at 07:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty happy with the changes myself.

Few things bug me, similar to this guy:

Glyph of Chaining...is it meant to be out spread heal now? On the one hand, I am happy we have something now, but the -15% healing irks me. Why is it there? Also, I thought this wasn't technically possible? That's pretty annoying since we could have used the range way before now, but I guess it's possible they found a way between then and now.

Glyph of TC: I'll be honest, I never wanted to see this talent again in any form, and I almost flew into a mildly embarrassing tirade when I saw it. But if my napkin math is correct, (plus the looks the few casts I've seen so far in Beta), it really will never be a mana regen mechanic again like it is now, and it might be what it was meant to be, an option for people who want to cast for whatever reason as Resto. That -30% damage is too big of a cut to be any realistic mana gain. If I am ever forced to deal with TC in a raiding environment again however, I'll probably shelf my Shaman until that's no longer the case.
    Increased range for Chain Heal should be added baseline, to like 20yds. We already have healing rain for very concentrated groups, we need a wider range heal, and before they said it was cause of coding......now they fixed it but we have to glyph to make it work right, and at same time nerf it? Sounds wrong.

TC and Mana regen in general for Resto. I really don't see the point in this talent now with the damage penalty as well, if that is meant to balance it for Ele then just give it to resto as a spec passive. But I would hate to see Resto feel dependent on TC for their mana regen, because it looks like we got the short end of the stick again when it comes to mana regen. All we have is Water shield for passive regen, and Mana tide for active regen......but as always mana tide is nerfed cause of its AOE component.

Mana tide should do double mana regen for the Shaman themselves, or we should get some other mana regen cd. Having 2 cd's to manage would be much better then relying on one that we might have to coordinate with our other healers, while they still have their own personal cds. I am seeing some great mana regen tools for other classes, like Pally with layonhands and meditation plus glyphs like Divine plea that will give 12% of mana pool back instantly, with no healing penalty, but a 5 sec cast. We have a depressing lack of mana cd's compared to other classes, and it looks like we will end up relying on TC to keep up which is stupid. It should be optional. Resto needs a new personal mana regen cd seperate from mana tide.

Some of the latest balance changes have their good and bad....
    -Astral shift got buffed, nice.
    -Call of elements should have stayed at 5 min, that was fair.
    -Really annoyed with Earthbind/grab being 30 sec. This is a very commonly used group snare in PVP, and 30 sec cd is way too long. It should be like 15 for ebind, and 20-25 for egrab if you pick the talent. I'm sure other similar aoe snares like piercing howl or desecration still have fairly short cd's.
    -Is Enhance going to get back its passive hit and expertise? I know expertise will be on mail gear now, but it would be nice to still have some of both, Dualwield passive is a good place for it, with hit counting towards both melee and spell.
    -Spiritwalkers grace, I feel like this talent needs an update and some type of buff added to it, either damage, or haste/crit, or pvp oriented like run speed or root breaker. Or this could be a good source for a base class mana regen cd. Anything really to make us use it more in PVP and esp PVE.
    -Some of the glyphs confused me...
    --the LL one doesn't spread flame shock, whats the point of that? Shouldn't it have a tradeoff, like more single target damage
    --I'd like to see the wind shear glyph reduce cd by 4 sec, and lockout by 1 sec....so 8 sec cd and 2 sec lockout. OP i kno.
    --totemic vigor is nice, I hope it lasts

Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Glyph of Chaining [NYI]
    Doubles the jump distance of your Chain Heal spell, but reduces its healing done by 15%.

I know there's a bunch of threads floating around with new glyphs, but I wanted to talk about this one in particular. ALL of Cata (and I guess Wrath, but not so much) we begged and begged for them to extend the jump range of Chain Heal to 20+ yards, to make it actually viable for spread out fights (i.e. Ragnaros 2.0) and we kept either hearing nothing back or the same excuse: the game coding cannot handle more then the 12.5y jump.

So, apparently it can! With this glyph it will now jump 25 yards. Why now, what changed to make this possible? Why couldn't they do this a year ago? Do you think they altered code somehow for MoP that allowed this sort of thing?

I'm grateful this glyph is coming (though beta is beta, so lets hope it stays), but I'm still quite bitter it never came with Cata.
    Well I it only hits 4 targets now. And lets not forget the no CD on Riptide, that honestly solves our raid healing issues. I think it might come down to choosing one or the other. I think it will and they will end up nerfing it or Riptide because our AoE healing is going to be intense. I would had to think Elemental Blast would heal as well for Resto, and Earth Ele might have an absorb mechanic to it.

With Totemic Restoration making our CD on Grounding Totem 12.5 seconds, buff to Astral Shift, Totems having 10% of our HP, a GODDAMN GOOD STUN, 40% less damage with a 10 second down time, dispel is back boys!, oh and Ascendance, uuuuh things are looking pretty good.
    Last edited by SpaceJam; 2012-03-22 at 08:48 AM.
    "Knock the world right off it's feet, and straight onto it's head."

http://http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Elargee/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    Fortifying Waters was replaced with this:
    http://www.wowdb.com/spells/108282-conductivity
    Thank god, it was a stupid talent to begin with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    Fortifying Waters was replaced with this:
    http://www.wowdb.com/spells/108282-conductivity
    Nice, put healing rain so it touches both the bosses/mobs and the raid and start hitting lightning bolt for aditional healing. Quite interesting as a dps.

Also:
    Unleashed Fury
    Rockbiter Weapon - You take 40% reduced damage from the enemy target for 5 sec.

Me gusta. Bring on the 4th spec! I know you love us, blizzard!