Page 2 of 155 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Mione has confirmed that Vampiric Blood is back to being a Blood-only passive, while the new Conversion talent is its replacement in Tier 4 of talents. Also, Death Siphon is currently her hardest hitting ability at 85 due to the nerfs to strike damage, etc.

Edit: Death Siphon damage was as Blood spec. Unholy appears to be doing the same kind of damage it does on live.
    Last edited by Magdalena; 2012-03-22 at 09:42 AM.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

I heard they would add lots of new melee animations in MoP, seen any of those yet?

want to know
    1) how frost is holding up
    2) is 2 hander frost viable again?
    3) what about frost presence? whats the new change?
    4) whats the ability instead of VB in talents?

regarding blood dps.. i am sure its the same for every meele specc due to meele strike nerfs across the board and perhaps thats why 5.0 hits only 2 weeks before main patch as it may severly nerf the dps of meele chars.

Any changes to ToT or MotFW? I am still concerned that 2H Frost will not be able to compete with DW Frost due to the way things have been configured so far.

Deleted
    Vile Spew deals pretty pitiful damage (2k5~ with unholy mastery)
    Does it kill the ghoul, or is it a spammable aoe ?

Deleted
    What about Desecration?

how about soloing capabilities of blood DKs? Is it ok, is it better or worse? You already said that our DPS goes down, so it doesn't look good, but how is selfhealing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    What is the resource cost for Death Siphon and Soul Reaper?
    Is Death's Advance passive 100% up time?
    How much does Necrotic Strike absorb with your AP?
    Last edited by mmoc5456a89488; 2012-03-22 at 12:56 PM.

Deleted
    Mione are you gonna stream?

Quote Originally Posted by Leviatharan View Post
    * Death Coil - Can be cast on allies, and places an absorption shield when doing so
    NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... Now every DPS DK will be forced to DC the tanks on progress fights to keep them up more . Heck if it works on self now Blood DKs will have to choose either threat or shield. This is quite possibly the worst decision. Especially considering that the AoE sward DoT on DC will be given back. I hope they either change the glyph or remove it completely.

Imo best way to do it: Glyph of Rune Strike - Every RS now places an absorption shield on the Death Knight that absorbs % amount of the damage done.

Now you'd get a nice benefit from spamming that RS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... Now every DPS DK will be forced to DC the tanks on progress fights to keep them up more . Heck if it works on self now Blood DKs will have to choose either threat or shield. This is quite possibly the worst decision. Especially considering that the AoE sward DoT on DC will be given back. I hope they either change the glyph or remove it completely.

Imo best way to do it: Glyph of Rune Strike - Every RS now places an absorption shield on the Death Knight that absorbs % amount of the damage done.

Now you'd get a nice benefit from spamming that RS.
    This DC glyph is needed for pvp, sadly it seems like you can't cast on yourself which sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartst View Post
    This DC glyph is needed for pvp, sadly it seems like you can't cast on yourself which sucks.
    As always it affects PvE >_< Now we're just gonna "buff" the tanks being an extra HP trinket for them. A priest's shield is far more useful in PvP or a paladin's and those are separate abilities not something you have to choose from. It's a bad design. I'd rather be able to cast something like AMS on an ally which would be incredibly more useful than to macro DC and use it as a defensive tool.

Quote Originally Posted by mdfx View Post
    Mione are you gonna stream?
    From Mione's youtube, posted 11h ago:
    Also, streaming, of course. Will update when I'll do some - for now, the launcher bugs and I can't dl, and I'm xfering my bank alts onto the beta servers.
    Expect stream tomorrow (along all the other people who will also be streaming mop beta)
    NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... Now every DPS DK will be forced to DC the tanks on progress fights to keep them up more .
    Damn didn't think about that... :/ Though in progression fights DPS does count usually and sacrificing it for tiny shield on tanks might not be rally viable.. Though serious concern >.<'
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Well you don't see Ret Pallies wasting they Holy Power for a WoG on a tank. (not frequently anyway)

@Mione: I love you. How do you think they'll deal with the masteries of Frost and Unholy in terms of Remorseless Winter and Desecrated Ground? Do you figure they'll just keep them that way or maybe turn them both into Shadowfrost damage?
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    From Mione's youtube, posted 11h ago:

Damn didn't think about that... :/ Though in progression fights DPS does count usually and sacrificing it for tiny shield on tanks might not be rally viable.. Though serious concern >.<'
    Imagine the horror of being a Frost DK having to ditch Frost Strike in order to shield the tanks with DC. Only way to be viable only for PvP would have to make the buff cancel/replace the paladin/priest shield. If it doesn't than every pro guild would want at least 1 DK regardless of spec keeping DC up on the tank. Sure as Blood you could do it at the risk of losing threat (no RS) but it's just not fun and a huge letdown being a shield vendor. That was not the future I imagined for the DK class...

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... Now every DPS DK will be forced to DC the tanks on progress fights to keep them up more
    It might not necessarily be that bad. They'll definitely have to put a cap on how much you can shield a target for, otherwise it'll be blatantly overpowered.
    Furthermore, they could also ensure that only one DK can shield an individual- therefore, multiple DKs spamming Death Coils on the tank wouldn't be viable because their shield would overwrite each other.
    AMS soaking being back also means Blood and Frost will have more Runic Power at their disposal, and lets not forget Frost will already be generating a lot more RP in both incarnations.

I'm still hopeful that they'll provide more incentive for us to use this glyph in PvE without it being a blatant DPS loss.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

Deleted
    Imagine the horror of being a Frost DK having to ditch Frost Strike in order to shield the tanks with DC. Only way to be viable only for PvP would have to make the buff cancel/replace the paladin/priest shield. If it doesn't than every pro guild would want at least 1 DK regardless of spec keeping DC up on the tank. Sure as Blood you could do it at the risk of losing threat (no RS) but it's just not fun and a huge letdown being a shield vendor. That was not the future I imagined for the DK class...
    Plenty of classes have very strong off healing, you don't often see shadowpriests/enhance/elemental/retributionpalas healing the tanks. It's usually more effective to let the healers healer and the dpsers dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Well you don't see Ret Pallies wasting they Holy Power for a WoG on a tank. (not frequently anyway)

@Mione: I love you. How do you think they'll deal with the masteries of Frost and Unholy in terms of Remorseless Winter and Desecrated Ground? Do you figure they'll just keep them that way or maybe turn them both into Shadowfrost damage?
    Problem is WoG is a build-up ability which can also help yourself AND as a bonus increases the damage you do in Ret. Even if you do use it you still get something in exchange for your "trouble". Fact is a shield can be better than a heal since you don't need to time it AND you can give it to yourself. A shield will stay until the damage taken is equal or above it.

About the damage of abilities, they said they were tinkering with it so no worries.

Many boss are DPS races now, I don't see DKs spamming DC on tanks (tank damage is a joke in raid now).

Quote Originally Posted by Hartst View Post
    Plenty of classes have very strong off healing, you don't often see shadowpriests/enhance/elemental/retributionpalas healing the tanks. It's usually more effective to let the healers healer and the dpsers dps.
    Healing =/= Shielding. More so they have different abilities. Even more than that they use mana as a resource where as DKs build their resources during battle. There are trade offs for healing team-mates if you are a Ret paladin, shadowpriests offer PASSIVE healing WHILE doing damage.